“Small but perfect”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #203 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 5 July 2013

They say don't judge the book by its cover. It fits perfectly here. Its a small 2 star property.

Location: Bang in the heart of Bangalore, 2 mins walk-able distance from MG Road, Brigade Road, Commercial Street.

Service: Very Good. Polite staff,

Rooms: For just 800 bucks a night for a standard room, it is actually very good. Value for every penny. Neat, Clean, very good view from the window

Very importantly it is 24 hours check-in check-out.

Food: Decent.

Keep Up :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 June 2013

A friend and I staied here for 2 nights. Before we had two weeks of travelling, where we needed light luggage. Therefore we sent our big suitcase full of useless stuff over to them. We didn't really think it would work out, but 2 days after sending, they phoned and told us, it had arrived. The day we arrived at 6 in the morning, the check in guy saw my name and directly told me, that they had a suitcase for me and that somebody would bring it to our room. Perfect service, I think. And I am very greatfull for that.
The room was the best we had in those 2 weeks, but it was about 400Rupies more than normal, so that's ok. The Restaurant next door is ok. We had the lunch buffet and were a bit disappointed. Rather take the thali next time. On leaving we left some stuff in the room, like umbrella and a pair of shoes, as we did not need it them at home. When waiting for the cab, a cleaning guy came running after us, bringing us the stuff. So if you forget something, they will bring it very fast. I really like their service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Empire Hotel is just 5 minutes walk from Shivajinagar Bus stand or M G Road. It is located in a convenient location. I stayed in Delux Double Non-AC room. The room was neat and clean. Only concern if you are a vegetarian is the presence of Non-Veg restaurant in the ground floor of the Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Hotel Empire International is a decent hotel in an excellent location. Staff are friendly, polite and helpful. We stayed for 5 nights in the luxury room. Service was good, room was basically clean.
They need to improve on hygiene and overall some of their rooms.
The luxury room was good, however when switched on the air condition (split unit) there would be a wet and moldy smell for sometime. The shower was cool every time someone in the next room over also used the shower.
As two sisters staying there we felt safe, but would be more secure if when visitors came the reception desk would phone and inform/check with the guest.
This trip was my second time staying at this hotel. I would stay again, but look forward to improvements.
Cheers!

Room Tip: Stick to only luxury rooms, specially if the corner suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at Hotel Empire (Central Street). The stay was really nice and so are the staff, excellent location for shopping commercial street is just 5 mins walk. The food was simply awesome you get food till 2 am ;-)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Location is very convenient and easy to find. Food and service is good. But it scores low on cleanliness. There were bed bugs in my room which disturbed my sleep. Also the reception and lobby is extremely cramped. Staff is helpful and polite.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Johnson V
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I originally booked 4 nights here, but then extended it for another 5 nights. I really enjoyed my stay here and all the staff, especially at reception were so helpful.

The rooms were quite small and I was directly above the This hotel bis en so really noisy, but personally that didn't bother me. If you're a light sleeper then I'd mention it during check in so they put you in a quiet room.

The location is great, there are loads of shops on central street, plus you're just a 5 min walk to MG road, which has a lot of shopping. There is also beautiful parks close by, which are great for some quiet relaxing time.

This hotel is definitely value for money, and next time I'm back in Bangalore I'll definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo