“Visit to Bangalore”
Review of High Gates Hotel

High Gates Hotel
Ranked #441 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I visited Bangalore with my family from 18 to 21 Feb 2013 and stayed in the hotel. It is an Excellent
hotel at a very beautiful location. Very cooperative and friendly staff. Very neat and clean hotel and it's surrounding area. Every day they changed bed sheets, cleaned room and gave quick room service. Specially Mr Victor had been very coperative through out our stay (3 Nights). Very good hotel for family stay.
Khalid Khan, Mira Road, Mumbai

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 November 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel on 18-21/11/12. I had booked for 2 connecting rooms for 3D2N stay via Agoda.com. When we arrived on 18/11/12 evening, the front desk reception staff that night tried to tell me that I had reservation for one room only and I needed to pay for another room. As a seasoned traveller who relies on Tripadvisor - I firmly told him that I knew what my booking details were- and instructed him to check the reservation & that I too was going to get in touch with Agoda. That problem was immediately rectified.

Overall, the hotel is a good place to stay. However, if you are travelling with children- this creates a problem bcos they do not have connecting rooms. We stayed in rooms facing the road. Facilities were great. Breakfast menu was limited but tasty. Menu's changed daily. Staff were courteous and very accomodating (including other front desk reception staff.) In fact, since we had such good service, we decided to return to the same hotel on the last leg of our trip before heading back to Malaysia. The wifi is ok when you get it- altho at times it can rather unstable if you are using your laptop. By the way- this same guy (reception clerk) tried to charge us for the wifi services when we asked for the password. FYI- the offer on Agoda stated that wifi access was included in the fee.

We came back to the hotel on 26/11/12. We had made reservations with a different front desk clerk (female,sorry I forgot her name) before leaving the hotel. Unfortunately, when we tried to chek in- the front desk clerk from hell was on duty! He told us the room we wanted had faulty piping etc etc- and quoted us double the amount we agreed upon for a 2-night stay. What was MOST upsetting was his rudeness to our friend who was a local. While we were showed other potential rooms- he repeatedly tried to chase our friend away out of the reception area. And he tried to do this while speaking in Tamil. BIG mistake! We decided that we had had enough from this little Napoeleon and left the hotel mmediately. My advise is to potential travelllers- do not stay here if you have other better options- and only if you want to put up with a particular conman at the front desk.

And yes- there are no villa-like rooms. Just big rooms with a separate entrance behind the hotel bar, extremely poor ventilation and lighting- and worst of all lurking stale cigarette odour. Not recommended if you have children with asthma.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road are well ventilated and the A/C is good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I had taken a Villa Room for a three day visit. Upon reaching the hotel upon registration, they brought me out and led me through the restaurant into a passage which led up the stairs. There were regular garbage bins and empty boxes on the left side .... looked like more of a storage space created in the open created under the open staircase. The room was large but dingy and it had a balcony for smokers right above the kitchen with a alley overview. It looked like this room was created on the side outside the main hotel as they had space. The decor was bad and unfinished. There are a total of three such rooms, and I saw the other two post which as they would not return my money, I settled down for a Delux room. There was no refund made on taking a lower grade room. This place is not what it used to be a couple of years ago .... sad how bangalore has changed!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Excellent room,service, cleanliness,perfect location for the needs of shopping its recommended hotel,snacks to be freshly served like idli and chutney

Sharadha and fly.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shamumbai
Reviewed 12 August 2012

the hotel was splendid.perfectly located close to shopping, buisness and eateries. it had just been renovated and had a modern look. As i saw the photos on this site are old and the hotel looks way better and splendid, modern. i recommend everyone to visit this hotel. service and food was the best

Room Tip: all the rooms are good but i recommend you to take the rooms which are higher and to the left side o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The hotel was all that it was promised to be. Perfectly located for our needs. Good amenities for the price and friendly service. The main purpose of the trip was to get some shopping done and for that it was great. We were even given good advice as to the places we should go for shopping.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank thomask72
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Good location , food, rooms. Need improvement - service, room cooling ( should put individual ac's). Also quality of toiletries, need improvement. But enjoyed my stay & recommending it.

• Stayed: December 2011