“Affordable Stay in the heart of the city” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ocea International Hotel
Ocea International Hotel
Ranked #297 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Affordable Stay in the heart of the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am staying at Hotel Ocea since last 5 years. Its all my business trips. Reception staff is exceptionally very good. But room service is not up to the mark. Room rates are reasonable. Rooms are too tiny but comfortable. Its in the heart of the city. Not advisable for pure veg or Jain people. I suggest them to remove that Chicken Bolier which is right in the entrance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked this hotel when I was shifting into Bangalore and wanted to stay for 15 days on personal expense.

Right from Booking the hotel on e-mail till Check-out I found no reason to complain.

Booking: Mr. Uday kumar was quick to reply to my query on mail and the room was booked without any hassle. The room price was quite affordable for a longer stay (Exp. with AC) when I just needed the room to crash.

Check-in was simple and staff was quick to help.

Room: Was decent considering the price. I got a room facing a building being constructed on the side and sometimes the room had a stale smell. Otherwise the house keeping was very neat and tidy. AC was new and good quality and worked fine.

Food was decently priced and good quality. I often ended up having food in their restaurant itself.

Location is right in the centre of the city off brigade road. Close to most commercial places.

Room Tip: Can't say as I did not explore the hotel much.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Abhishek J
Ernakulam, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We booked Deluxe double room for 2 days in Ocea International.....Its a hotel which is worth booking........We were welcomed very warmly........The rooms were clean and tidy.....All the facilities which they mentioned in their website were truly available and all our needs were attended to.........We had a very pleasant experience in this hotel..........We would definitely want to stay in this hotel during our next visit as well......

Room Tip: Value for money.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This being the only place open post our working hours, this place is the only option in our area for a late night home delivery or meal. Ordered from there twice; both times we ordered the same thing; a tandoori chicken, yellow daal tadka, a fish tikka starter and some tandoori roti's to eat the meal with. Both the times we ordered we specified that the meal was to be made not spicy. The first time they complied to our request and the meal was excellent!!! The portion sizes are generous and the cost proved to be very light on the wallet. The second time; we requested the food to be made less pungent (as we were confident that they could do it). However the food came extra spicy!!! I mean I swear I could breathe dragon fire post one bite itself!!! We called them up to complain and spent 15 minutes convincing them that we had just tasted the food and not eaten the entire thing and then complained!!! Finally they sent us non spicy versions of our meal!!! I don't know why they messed up this time!!!! Will order from them again; one last time, if they screw up the order again then that will be the last time !!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel is specifically created for business travelers. But unfortunately I have been travelling with my family and there was no activity corner for kids. Overall I was happy with the hotel but at the last some inefficient staff messed up everything.

We were 4 people travelling with a kid (age <2 yrs) and so we opted for 2 rooms. At the time of check out I found that one extra person is charged for one of the rooms. Then it took almost 30 mins to sort this out and it happened due to some mis-communication between the receptionists at night and morning. Fortunately I had enough time to catch the flight.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Gurgaon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

As an entrepreneur, you always have less money and even lesser bandwidth to think about spending it.

I was looking for a 4 night economical accommodation in Bangalore around MG Road. The Ocea did not disappoint. Located on Brigade road, they allow a 24 hour check in system that is great for business travellers like me.

Not so advisable for families. The staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and apart from some machine noise, rest was OK.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

It's very close to brigade Rd, technically its just off it.
But the noise from the traffic , and the corded street that it is located on , make it a bit of a nuisance place in the day.
That said, its very close to all the bars in town , and you can stumble bak to your room , whilst also enjoying great non-veg fare in there attached restaurant downstairs.
Rooms are adequate for the price, and offer value for money

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business