After a long flight from Europe I arrived in the middle of the night in Bangalore. The day before I had find out that there are no hotels at the airport! As I had to spend 8 hours to my next flight I wanted to sleep somewhere close to the airport. There is nothing, except this hotel that is located 12 kms from the airport, a taxi ride of about 15 minutes (210 rupees). It was quite an experience as my taxi driver did not know the hotel and the address as I had it was not very clear. It is located in a rather remote area, where you really think ‘where am I going?’
In the meantime it was 2.30 at night when I arrived. The reception desk was extremely friendly. It turned out to be that they had send a car to the airport to pick me up, which I didn’t know because this was not mentioned to me when I made the reservation, anyway I had to pay for that (300 rupees). The hotel offers accommodation in tents. The tent was very comfortable, a good bed to sleep, although it was quite noisy till late at night. Each tent has its own bathroom. The tents are located in a garden. It is nice to sit on your own deck in the early morning with a newspaper and morning coffee. The hotel arranged the return transportation to the airport as well.
All in all I would stay here again when I have to make a stopover in Bangalore, because it is a tranquil place and it is absolutely no option to travel into Bangalore with its crazy busy traffic (about 1 ½ tot 2 hours by taxi depending on the traffic).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coming to Olde Bangalore (pronounced as "Old Bangalore") is like taking a slow and lazy trip back in time - hard to imagine something like this in the middle of a city gone wild! Waking up to bird-song and retiring to the sound of silence are luxuries now available only miles away from habitation, unless you are at Olde Bangalore. As the cool breeze of nostalgia wafts through your mind, prepare to soak yourself in the soul of a Bangalore. Come, let us pamper you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olde Bangalore Hotel And Resort
- Olde Bangalore Hotel Bangalore