Like MJ's previous review we chose this place near the airport so we wouldn't have to go a long way in to town then return to airport in traffic for a morning flight onward. Olde Bangalore has it's charms and drawbacks. The tents are very cute with paisley decorations on the fabric; well appointed room with tea service, tv, minibar and lockable closets for your valuables. Bed was VERY hard, but was ok for us. Bathroom was spotless and everything worked properly, especially considering that it is a tent! Having been to Africa many times on safaris, the tent concept was attractive and sounded like fun.
Unfortunately for us, wanting to get a good night's sleep was not the first priority for the management who was catering to a large business function. We were lucky that the loud, throbbing music finally ended at 11pm, after we called reception to complain. All of the energy in the kitchen was focused on the big group.
The next morning we were awakened to birds and planes. Then the power went off, and the sounds were replaced by a noisy generator rattling outside the tent. Good thing we were leaving for the airport....
We were told that our rate was for only one person, that we would have to pay extra for my husband, even though they had put us in a room with a large double bed. Rather bizarre, but they waived the fee when we were checking out the next morning after complaining about the noise the night before. We also had trouble with the wifi which we felt was outrageously priced, especially considering how wired Bangalore is.
Food was excellent and plentiful, and service were very genuine and kind. The pool was gorgeous and grounds were lovely, tranquil and well kept. For all these reasons I would recommend Olde Bangalore for a quick overnight stay not far from the airport. For westerners it is reasonably priced, accessible and authentic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coming to Olde Bangalore (pronounced as "Old Bangalore") is like taking a slow and lazy trip back in time - hard to imagine something like this in the middle of a city gone wild! Waking up to bird-song and retiring to the sound of silence are luxuries now available only miles away from habitation, unless you are at Olde Bangalore. As the cool breeze of nostalgia wafts through your mind, prepare to soak yourself in the soul of a Bangalore. Come, let us pamper you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olde Bangalore Hotel Bangalore
- Olde Bangalore Hotel And Resort