Off late Bangaloreans have got a lot of weekend getaway options close to the city. To reach these destinations doesn’t take too long so you can have a relaxed weekend. Olde Bangalore is one such destination. It’s about 10 to 13 KM from the airport.
Accessibility : If you are driving from Bangalore City it is you need to take the left at the ITC factory ( there is McDonald at the turn) just before the airport toll booths. From there it is around 5 odd Kms. There are not too many sign boards once you take this left. But it’s not too difficult to find as the locals there know the place.
Location: Since it is close to the city driving time is not too much. But at the same time it is away from all the noise and pollution of the city. A lot of greenery around the property.
Price: Though the room tariff is on the higher side it is worth to spend a weekend here. We got the summer package that included breakfast, one meal, one game/activity. Also since the day we went to the resort there weren’t too many guests we got a free upgrade of the room
Room: The rooms are like tents. They are not complete tents as there are some brick and mortar walls. But they give you the feel of being in a tent. Extremely clean and all the tents are air conditioned and well lit. The bathrooms are very clean as well. Only issue we faced was the water pressure in the showers was very low which can be annoying. 24 hours hot/cold water in the showers. You cannot take food or order for room service in the room as per their policy as it attracts a lot of insects and pests. But they did have tea making option in the room. The refrigerator in our room wasn't working since we wanted cold drinking water. It wasn't fixed till we left
Food: So as part of the package it said one meal. That includes one soup (no starters), one main course and one dessert per guest. The breakfast buffet was good. It was a mix of continental and Indian. The main course were also quite nice though limited options but for a weekend i think its fine. The LAMB STROGANOF was quite nice. There have Indian as well as continental option for lunch & dinner. There is also a bar and a small bakery
Parking: They have ample of parking
Activities: Games like pool, dart, shuttle, carom etc. are all free. ATV ride, paint ball are charged.
Booking: Mine was an partial online booking and partial payment on arrival. To my surprise and disappointment their card swipe machine was giving a problem so at check-out it was quite a pain. The machine just didn't work and on goodwill basis he let me go and do an online transfer. Please check beforehand about they accepting card at site
Staff: The staff is very helpful and polite didn't face any issues there
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coming to Olde Bangalore (pronounced as "Old Bangalore") is like taking a slow and lazy trip back in time - hard to imagine something like this in the middle of a city gone wild! Waking up to bird-song and retiring to the sound of silence are luxuries now available only miles away from habitation, unless you are at Olde Bangalore. As the cool breeze of nostalgia wafts through your mind, prepare to soak yourself in the soul of a Bangalore. Come, let us pamper you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olde Bangalore Hotel And Resort
- Olde Bangalore Hotel Bangalore