“good hotel”

Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City
Ranked #40 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 12 January 2014

i been there for 3 days for business its ideal place to choose if you going for business its on the electronic city fat from airport and city center but comfortable hotel and the staff are friendly good management if i am visiting this cty again for sure will stay there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ManasCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your positive comments on the staff and the management during your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Bengaluru !!

We look forward to have you back with us very soon !!!

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Being a platinum member I chose this hotel, it has a great location for many of the company's, unfortunately not mine and needed to travel 40mins each way. I was told there are no club rooms which was a disappointment, but all the norms are there, lounge, 2 bars and a few restaurants, fitness centre and a pool.

In fairness this hotel is on the pricey side but as I was working away from the desk in my room it occurred to me that it could be anywhere in the world and this hotel keeps in line with the Crown Plaza brand standard.

The staff are great and I ended up extending my stay over the weekend to relax after a busy week, could have stayed longer. Would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your response. We have noted your appreciative comments on the staff and our product . We would like to keep you informed that as a part of increase our various offerings to guests who are in house we have added a new pan asian restaurant called East which is well accepted by guests .

Look forward to welcome you back !!

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I'm a platinum member of a few programs and know all chains have their bargain and premier brands. I've been to a number of crowne plazas globally and have had great experiences to average - recognizing that this brand is being progressively upgraded. This facility, I've stayed at more than once, continuously falls short.

Pluses: space and design, concept, spa, and workout facility.

Minuses: Price, food, facility 'care', and staff.

Located in the heart of E city, it is an impressive edifice with a very modern visual statement with hints of architectural garden style. While at a distance quite appealing, up close it seems that there isn't enough staff or the right kind of staff to keep up with such a large facility. The restaurant selection is nice with everything from a pub style bar to steak house or italian. The spa is a retrofit for a couple of the rooms but the execution of the menu is professional and attentive. One would expect a hotel of this caliber to have a real spa space which helps you escape your room, not puts you into another one. The workout facility is well appointed with a helpful staff for spotting or questions, however the cardio equipment is not well maintained so expect a noisy experience while working out.

Now the area where real improvement is needed. The staff is initially welcoming however the longer your stay, the greater the feeling of uneasiness becomes. The breakfast staff was extremely oblivious and cleanliness was a real issue highlighted by all of the acrylic chairs and tables showing what is overlooked. I was accosted by security for taking the stairs over the elevator. Apparently watching on camera, it was necessary to have three guards confront me all at once in the stairwell and tell me the stairs were off limits. I'm not that ominous looking and odd for the third floor. I won't go on about staff but there was a general ambivalence.

The variety of food selections was seemingly good but the execution from the bar and kitechens was highly overpriced for the poor quality. I get the vast majority of people in india come for the Indian food but don't offer what one can't execute otherwise it's like giving a kids menu to everyone from outside India visiting - cheap food to appease a picky palette. A visiting chef with real culinary discipline could possibly visit every so often to keep the bar and kitchen honest.

The overall price... double or triple what you pay for equal or better hotels nearby. I understand the need to charge for the opulent amount of space the facility provides, but then everything else needs to be stepped up to match that ask.

Net: stay here if you are dedicated to loyalty programs, but keep expectations in check or go elsewhere for a better price for the same value.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ManasCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Greetings !!

Thank you for your valuable comments for improvement. We have noted your concern on the quality of staff and have already made some changes which are yielding us good feedback from our guests.

We are also pleased to keep you informed that we have opened our new Spa and its operational and managed by professional Spa therapists with all other facilities.

I sincerely hope that we can have you back with to experience our enhanced guest services.

Look forward to your upcoming visit !!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

good food.
good hospitality.
response time a bit slow.
internet is not free....should be made free as most of the guests are business travellers.
cleanliness is good.
Tv doesnot have many options for viewing. channels are limited

Room Tip: poolside view is much better
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank nsachdev123

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your encouraging comments. We have noted your comments on the response time and the internet . We would like to keep you informed that all our loyalty members are entitled to free internet effective January 2014.

We have also initiated necessary training to ensure that the response time is improved.

We look forward to your upcoming visit to experience the difference.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us .

Regards

Manas Banerje

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed for a week. My days were hectic so I didn't manage to try breakfast but Sunday brunch was very good. The service is very good, very polite and speedy, they make an effort to know who you are.

The bedroom and bathroom are both very spacious, light and airy. The toiletries whilst smelling delightful are in the most ridiculous bottles which crack or explode!

I didn't really use the facilities at the hotel but everything seemed very clean and modern. Like other reviews if you are working on this side of town stay here and avoid the traffic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jjamjjam
ManasCPB, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Sir,

We take this opportunity to thank you for your encouraging feedback for your recent stay . We have noted your appreciation for our associates at 24@43 place for Sunday Brunch and would share your appreciation with them.

We eagerly look forward to have you back with us soon !

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hotel is a haven of tranquility, especially required after a business day in electronics city. Only stayed there 1 night but would stay again as opposed to my usual hotel in electronics city. Would have preferred some business meeting space for after dinner meetings etc.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ________________

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable and positive feedback . We have noted your needs on the meeting space. We would like to keep you informed that we have a wide choice of meeting rooms and meeting spaces subject to availability and offered at a very reasonable price for in house guests .

We hope we shall be able to cater to your varied needs upon your next visit .

Thanking you once again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

For my first time in India, the crowne plaza has set the bar high, I stayed for a week and enjoyed every minute. The food in all the restaurants was first class, the service attentive and the atmosphere calm and friendly. The room itself was large with huge windows and best of all a reclining leather chair to while away the hours reading. I wish I had brought my swimming togs and gym kit as the infinity pool looked inviting and he gym very well equipped. I shan't be so remiss next time.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank UshantRob

Dear Sir,

We sincerely appreciate your great feedback on your recent stay and we are happy to make your stay a memorable one.

We eagerly look forward to your upcoming stay.