“Business stay for a week”

Chalet Sterling Suite Hotel
Ranked #234 of 821 Speciality Lodging in Bengaluru
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Business stay for a week”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is fairly close to the IT parks in Whitefield. Breakfast is small yet tasty. Hot water is an issue sometimes, however this was rectified when I informed the reception that there is no hot water. WIfi was fast, although on my penultimate day of stay it went off for more than a day, but was back again. All in all, this hotel is a comfortable stay barring the consistency of hot water available!

Room Tip: Take one that is away from the elevator, in the corner of the floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jayjha

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reading
Reviewed 6 January 2012

stayed here for 3 nights recently and its not bad for 2000 Rs per day, nice size room with a microwave oven and some basic cutliary! good over all amenities for the guests outside and inside the room!
you can seriously skip the free breakfast! not of a great quality but may be if you can get up early and be there to get it hot... may be will work! ( I am not an early bird :))
A saloon, chinese restaurant, and cofee day on the ground floor is very convinient.

Room Tip: always bargain
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed here for 19 nights with my colleague on my business trip to ITPL, Bangalore. Chose this hotel for it's location near ITPL, only 10-15 min way with taxi considering the traffic. The overall experience was okay. We were given free upgrade from deluxe to executive suite on arrival. The air-port pickup car was not present in the midnight time when we arrived, so we had to take a taxi to hotel, though hotel management reimbursed the amount instantly. The wi-fi in hotel was good, but unstable. The breakfast had very little variety, sometimes it's really tiring to have almost same breakfast everyday. If you order for an egg in breakfast, likely case it will arrive when you are pissed with waiting long time. One major downside is you'll not get hot water round the clock. Usually only available in morning. Even if you request to turn on hot water at night, either it takes hours to get it running or it never comes till next morning.

Other than these, the experience was good. The staffs are helpful & polite. Room quality is good with LCD TV (though not much big, may be around 21") & fridge in room. There is a digital safe in the room as well. The rooftop terrace is really nice to pass some quite time in the evening with soothing breeze.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MohdAnam
Bangalore
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I paid about $37/night, but even at that price the stay was not comfortable. The staff was not too bad; they try, but the facility and general services do not meet international expectations. When I arrived the room they showed me had such a strong perfume smell I could not stay. I have chemical sensitivity and perfumes and other fragrances give me migrain headaches. I went down to tell them I could stay because of the strong fragrance in the room. They said that they could give me another room without spraying it first. They explained that they thought international travelers liked the perfume, so that is why they used it.

The new room smelled of moth balls, which were everywhere. I collected them and placed into a cup and covered then it was better. The room was very basic. I arrived in an evening, so was very hungry as I had not had a chance to eat since early morning. I planned to sit and eat in the restaurant but the strong chemical smell as soon as I walked in changed my mind. I ordered my food and had to wait outside for it. I was so hungry I ate even though the food was marginal. I ended up vomitting later in the night. I didn't eat there again.

The location was awkward for me. I had to take an autorickshaw to get to my office. This should have been a Rs 20 ride but all the auto drivers wanted to charge me Rs 100. It was a major hassle trying to negotiate a fair price and it was just too far to just walk. To give the hotel staff credit they were nice enough to help me negotiate with the auto drivers, albeit relunctanty.

There is nothing nearby - no place to eat except their restaurant. A coffee shop is in an adjacent shop, but the coffee there is just so so. The bakery items are too processed and too sweet.

I personally don't want to stay there again, but due to unavailabilty at other hotels and price and location contraints I had to place a business associate there for a couple days. He thought it was OK.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank devashanti

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed 29 April 2009

Had been here for a very short time, infact was there for a couple of Hours.
Was in Transit, but whatever time spend at this Service Appartment was good and Healthy.
Even the short span i could manage to hit the Gym and the pool, room size was pretty Large and good, view was good, After a long time felt like at Home at this place.
More Classcial Home style Furnishing rather than the Hotel Room looks, which basically made me feel Happy down there.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)