“Disappointing and frustrating”

Ranked #33 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Disappointing and frustrating”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I somehow landed 2 times in this hotel. Both the times my experience is terrible here. Checkin at both times took 15 minsutes time. Preferences given at the time of reservation are not respected. Room offered to me was tiny triangle corner. Staff at front desk are too adament and disrespectful. They will not even bother to call you back if you request certain thing. In my view its better to go to a budget hotel then coming to it. I am regular international and national traveller but certainly this hotel is one of my worst experience that too twice.

2 Thank jainsameer
AjitP, General Manager at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Dear Guest,

This is apropos your feedback regarding your stay at Vivanta by Taj – Whitefield, Bangalore. We have also received your email feedback, which you have sent on our website.

I thank you for your time to intimate us about your thoughts regarding the services of the hotel.

I am indeed disappointed to note that you were dissatisfied with some of the services - particularly your room preferences at the time of reservation not being accorded to you and the front desk personnel not calling you back on being queried about this.

I offer my regrets that you had to suffer some inconvenience as a consequence of these lapses in services.

We have already addressed this issue with the team and the concerned individual, to ensure corrective action is taken and the same does not recur.

I believe one of the senior executives of this hotel has been in touch with you since, and has ensured that all efforts are undertaken to make your stay as comfortable and convenient for you, as is possible.

Vivanta By Taj - Whitefield, Bangalore is an international business hotel, and we believe in upholding the highest standards of service and professional approach towards all of our guests, bar none. On behalf of the hotel, I once again apologise, for any discomfort that may have been caused owing to an oversight of your request.

Please rest assured that this has been handled personally by me, and the learnings from your feedback have been immense. I urge you to please treat this as a solitary incident and hope it doesn’t mar the overall impression you hold of the hotel.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Bangalore, at Vivanta by Taj, Whitefield, while you are still resident at the hotel or when you visit next, and assure you of our utmost and careful attention to all your needs.

In the interim, please feel free to contact me for any assistance or requirement you may have.

Ajit Pavithran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Valinhos, SP
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed 2 weeks in Taj Whitefield, my private oasis in Bangalore....Service was excelent, very helpfull and friendly staff all times. Nice gym and spa. Breakfast wondefull, with all expected from ocidental countries. Restaurant good, mixing local and international food, a little expensive...Swimming pool large with a great service, water, skin lotions, beers, it was just look to employess that they come and ask if we need something.
After some days, the employess know me by name and room, everytime with a nice smile in the faces. For sure I will be there in my next trip to Bangalore...

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The Hotel lacks good food and variety. the buffett spread is minimum. It takes 15 minutes to make a DOSA that also in a place in Bangalore. there is no cistomer relationship.

The hotel is no VALUE for Money

The room service order was for 2 non veg and 1 veg combo meal. What was delivered was 1 nonveg and 2 veg meals..

1 Thank 254aryan2010
AjitP, General Manager at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 2 May 2011
Dear Guest,

This is apropos your written feedback regarding your stay at Vivanta by Taj, Whitefield - Bangalore.

I am indeed disappointed to note that you were dissatisfied with the timeliness of service at Latitude, menu selection and wrong delivery of your order by In Room Dining.

I have made good note of your comments and have personally addressed them to ensure that corrective action is taken so that they do not recur. We have also updated your requirements in our records.

The menus at the hotel are also being changed, and so are the buffet spread for breakfast and for lunch, based on the receipt of guest feedback such as yours. I am sure you will notice the enhanced difference on your next visit.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Bangalore, at Vivanta by Taj - Whitefield, when you visit next. I assure you of our utmost and careful attention to all your needs.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I reached Taj at around 2 A.M in the morning with a pretty hectic schedule and even after booking and confirmation by the the hotel two days before my date of check-in the attendant at the reception offered me a room which was for the physically handicapped people and then they had nothing other then sandwiches in the food.. So I would not prefer staying there as the cost vs facility ratio was really low

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
AjitP, General Manager at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 7 May 2011
Dear Guest,

This is apropos your written feedback regarding your stay at Vivanta by Taj – Whitefield, Bangalore.

Firstly, please do accept my regrets for this delayed response, owing to the fact that I have been traveling extensively over the last one month, yet wanted to personally respond to your feedback.

I am indeed disappointed to note that you found several services of the hotel to be below par; especially the lack of peace and quiet, functioning of the interactive television, room not allocated as per your choice and courtesy / responsiveness of telephone operator, to name a few.

Just so you may be aware, we are upgrading the Operating System of the Interactive TV, and you will notice the enhanced difference soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Great hospitality and service from staff along with large variety of delicious food
Cheers!!!

• Stayed March 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Lovely hotel in the IT district of the city, great location for business, poor location for sight seeing I would say.
Main restaurant is okay, but Terracota (Indian food) is lovely. Tease bar is really nice for an eveing drink!
Appeared as 5 star, and it probably is by Indian standards. Mid to high end 4 star by European standards.
Service very good, but at times was "too good" i.e. became intrusive.
Rooms of good quality, flat screen TV, rain shower, mini bar, good bed and lots of space. However bathroom cleanliness not up to european standards, but again this is the norm in India.
Facillities are excellent, gym, pool etc all very good.
I felt it was an "oasis" from the office and business district! Certainly much better than other hotels we visited for meals with colleagues.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I stayed here for two weeks. I found the hotel to be very clean with nice amenities. The pool area was very relaxing. The gym had nice equipment and I was usually able to get a machine. I thought the two restaurants were great. I never had a bad meal. And service could not have been more attentive or pleasant. I especially found the restaurant staff to be friendly and helpful. The only knock I can give the place is location and even that is a mix of good and bad. The hotel is surrounded by a number of IT businesses which are very convenient to the hotel. But the area is a bit on the outskirts of things and in an area that is being cleanes up and updated so if you are a tourist it is not a place where you can just get out and stroll.

• Stayed January 2011