“wonderful stay at Vivanta Taj Whitefield”

Vivanta By Taj Whitefield
Ranked #33 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
Shanghai, China
“wonderful stay at Vivanta Taj Whitefield”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

excellent location (my office is at ITPL); very nice staff; tasty food; clean room and plenty of bottle water.
although the pick-up car came a littlle bit late, but it was 5pm India, cann't complain :)

always remember the words by "Arpit Sethi" who did in-room check-in when I arrived hotel: "This is your home sir!"

Room Tip: Room on south east side might be able to connect the company WIFI if your office is in Discovry buil...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank XinRayZhaohui
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Thank you for your very positive review. and for the Allure Suite Tip.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Director Of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Deurle, Belgium
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

We lived 9 months in this hotel and saw it declining rapidly with the change in Management last April. The building requires a refurbishment as the interior starts to look old and used. The structure of the building makes some scary noises at night. Will it be the next building to collapse in Asia.
It was once one of the best hotels in Whitefield but with the opening of new hotels such as the Marriott they will have to upgrade to get the next level of what business travellers expect. Marriott was not open when I moved to Vivanta but if Marriott had been open I was certainly in Marriott.
Some of the staff members are excellent, others are really the worse you can think of. This must frustrate the excellent staff members like Kashmira, Yuntan, and others that are dedicated to serve their customer very well while staff like Panav are more after your money than your well being. Such contrasts bring you from happiness to be there to frustration to still being there. In particular the lounge bar is a place of incompetent staff. Even when you explain them to how to do it they still repeat the same mistakes: unavailable drinks, distgustings appetizers, very cold AC, ... Hopeless!
The pool suffers from the exhaust of the nearby chemical factory. The ashes cover the floor and leave your foot black dark just after a couple of steps before or after having a swim in a cold pool where the ashes render the water ever dirty. The towels at the pool are dirty and the staff do not always renew them when the sun chair is left vacant by other of the guests. Also, there is a lack of outdore seating to meat the demand of the customer. Since 10 months we wait for new and extra ones. Hopeless!
The Tease bar, the bar of the hotel, has a huge potential but is screwed by the incompetency of the staff. Never ask for wine as it is never available and they will offer you the most expensive one as an alternative. Also the burgers will always be served cold. At the bar they are really after your money and they will never concede a commercial approach - I have NEVER experienced this nowhere ever. Very bad experience! A pitty given the place and potential they have.
The Terracotta restaurant is one of the best Indian restaurant in town. Excellent Indian food but never the appropriate wine that goes with it. In general this hotel struggles with the wine supply and have no wine connaisseur in their staff. Even champagne lacks regularly.
The Terracotta is an average place to eat but try the butter chicken, chicken tikka massala, chicken/fish curries or a reco from the excellent chef Dinesh, you will not be dissapointed - it is delicious!
The banquet team took all of their best staff to join like Lynn Clemente, excellent sous-chef, and you are guaranteed to have the best party ever. They excell in those event! They are able to create te best events.
The gym was one of the best in town. But since the opening of the Marriott they became second best. Techno gym machines once broke are never replaced.
I would conclude, a hotel that was good 5 years ago but lacked to develop further. And that is why other alternatives in town like the recently opened Marriott makes this place second choice.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank AlexisDeVliegher
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a detailed review of our hotel. We will certainly take your feedback onboard with regards the service, food quality and overall product experience.

Let me assure you on behalf of Team Vivanta by Taj Whitefield, Bangalore that our team is committed to the highest levels of hospitality services and we assure you that your feedback is taken constructively.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to offer you our services on your return to Bangalore.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed at the Vivanta for only two days but the experience was great. The staffs were all well-trained and service was excellent.

For a start, I was upgraded to the suite which was a pleasant surprise. For that, i was entitled to the free use of the club lounge from 6pm till around 9pm...i think. They serve beer and some house pours and snacks and i spent a couple of hours in the lounge doing my conference call. The gym and the pool looks great but i did not get a chance to use it due to my busy schedule.

Dinner was so-so at the restaurant (I had Chinese food) and as i need to catch an early flight, i did not get a chance to try the breakfast but the staff was kind enough to help me pack some fruits and pastries, juice and coffee.

Staffs were extremely polite and engaging and most of all, always offering to assist.

Keep it up!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Sinbad822
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review and for the kind words for our staff. The Rhythm Lounge is a place where guests can really be themselves and we hope that our guests who visit the lounge get that experience where they can just be themselves.

I look forward to your next visit and hope that you get a chance to try our probiotic breakfast at Latitude.

Best Regards
Vijayawada, India
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Excellent service...but the property seems a bit aged....felt like an old lady dressing up young...:). But the staff is very professional...very courteous....taking a sentence from the review below..."beyond the call of duty"...Only couple of negatives that I can find....loud music...(We just came from a really quite resort, so may be its just us), and the 9 sft toilet and 15 sft showers that open directly into the room and your slight fart is very audible in the room, and they are double occupancy rooms...(may be its the weekend room rates :) ), but they made me feel like I checked into a prison cell...:). Its because of the staff that the stay was very memorable, but its is best suited to some one who has work in the whitefield area....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RaviKiranKChalasani
Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to the team to know that their commitment to service is recognized. The Charm room has different layout options, actually two layout options, its the bed in the center or island layout where the opens directly into the room, and there is another with the bed against the wall, (as most hotel rooms have ) where the bath and the room are divided by the walk in wadrobe area. Please do write to me on your next stay and I will be happy to book a share a different layout option for you.

Mions, France
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The service level and the hospitality is really outstanding. There is a real culture of kindness and smile from all the staff from the front desk, to the restaurant, the bar or the room cleaning team !!
I’d rather advice the Vivanta to open a training school to teach hotel staffs what their work is supposed to be and how to really well treat their guests!! I’ve plenty of hotels names to give 
Rooms of high quality, tasty and well balanced spiced food for a Westerner first time in India in their Terracota restaurant, good breakfast with Continental or Indian choice
I highly recommend this hotel even if the price is rather high with my company allowance but it was worth the stay !!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you so much for your very positive review of our hotel. It means a lot to our team to have their work recognized. We are looking forward to your next stay at our hotel and we are sure that you will be equally impressed.

Belfast
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This property has excellent housekeeping staff. After seeing a packet of Strepsils in my room a housekeeping executive left some ginger tea sachets on the desk later the same day. He pointed this out the next time he saw me in the corridor, saying it should help a sore throat. Very considerate indeed and I'm sorry that I didn't stop to ask his name as I was in a bit of a rush.

Also, on my last day (24th May) another housekeeping executive called Neetu (apologies if I have spelled this incorrectly) noticed that I was getting ready to check out and offered to fold some of my shirts for easier packing. I thought she was just going to do this in the room while I packed but instead she took them away and returned them 10 minutes later perfectly pressed, folded around sheets of specially designed cardboard and carefully wrapped. For a moment I thought she had gone out and bought me some new shirts! Again, this was a very thoughtful and much appreciated gesture which I don't see in many hotels. I'm sure she already had a lot to do that day and I really didn't want to take up too much of her time.

Meanwhile all the front desk staff were very helpful and always very welcoming but Mr Prabdip's assistance was much appreciated and Mr Taijo went far beyond the call of duty. I had asked for his advice to determine the strength of some Indian-made cigarettes I had just bought. Mr Taijo immediately called a friend of his on his mobile phone, telling me he was a regular smoker and would know how to answer my question. Sure enough the answer came a minute later. Very kind of him to help.

All other staff were the epitome of courtesy and professionalism throughout my stay. At check-out I was asked for any suggestions I might care to make. I suggested that other similar establishments around the world should copy this one. What a brilliant hotel!

Room Tip: Allure suites have an induction plate and a couple of pans for impromptu cooking.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, my colleagues are delighted that we made difference to your stay and We look forward to welcoming you back to the Vivanta by Taj Whitefield, Bangalore.

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Good hotel so far. Staff is extremely courteous and won't hesitate to provide you service. Has a personal trainer for their gym as well. Do try out their terracotta restaurant and select their 4 course meal to try out Indian cuisine.

• Stayed May 2013
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for the compliment, it is very motivating for us to hear good feedback about our team and our speciality North West Frontier restaurant Terracotta.

The Terracotta will soon have a new menu with a very special new and innovative method and concept thats expected to be launched in July. Watch this space for more

Mukut