“reservations are a "0" star”

Vivanta By Taj Whitefield
Ranked #36 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Made reservations on line 3 weeks before date of arrival and never received a conformation number. There was no reservation number online after booking nor did I ever receive an email confirmation. Upon arriving In India from the USA I was able to talk to someone who stated I did not have a reservation. I asked to speak to the supervisor who confirmed I did not have a reservation. I promptly made a reservation at a nearby Sheraton. Hours later I received an email from the Taj confirming my non refundable reservation. In calling the taj to complain my complaint feel on deaf ears. I am now disputing the charge with the credit crd company.

Bottom line if you are a foreigner-DON"T use their reservation system.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Donald H
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your booking experience with us. Unfortunately we did not receive your reservation in our system, and we were not able offer you a quick solution when you called our worldwide reservation call center from the airport.

There are times that whilst making a reservation the page times out and the confirmation does not reach our hotel. May I request you to send me an email with specific information on the booking channel so that we can review this at our end.

I am sure you will have seen the various reviews of our international travelers and so you will see that this was surely an anomaly. Please feel free to write to me and I promise you we will do better the next time and hopefully repair our reputation in your eyes with another chance. Please email me on mukut.chakravarti@tajhotels.com as I would very much like to speak to you.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Excellent property ,location is very good close to all major houses , IT park ect, unique design one of its own kind, food is very delicious and variety of all over world is available. Rooms are very good where you will get homely feel and sleep, Staff is very curtious and friendly, must visit property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you, we are glad you found our accommodation and F&B to your liking. We just launched a new menu at Terracotta, our North West Frontier Cuisine restaurant. You must try Terracotta in Terracotta ( thats our signature on the new menu ) the next time you are here. ( it needs to be ordered 24 hrs in advance )

Reviewed 4 September 2013

An Excellent hotel with a fantastic asset - its remarkable staff. If you request something, you are not passed on, you just ask once. The food is splendid too and the spa is a haven of tranquility. The perfect base for business in Bangalore. Lots of simple acts that add up to making the difference. Use your computer mouse and step out of the room for a while, come back to it with a mouse mat below it. Silly things that set a good hotel apart from a great hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful compliment. Our staff and team spirit is indeed our Strength, and your feedback fortifies our path to excellence.

Thank you, and assuring you of our best services, always

Mukut Chakravarti.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at the Taj Vivanta in Whitefield. All I can say is ridiculously good service everywhere in the hotel plus good food in the restaurant. An example of the quality of service was seen when I returned to the hotel one afternoon and there was a cold banana milkshake in my room, how exactly did they know I had just arrived and how did they get the milkshake into my room so fast.
Enjoy your stay, as I know I did.

• Stayed: August 2013
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you! We enjoy the art of hospitality, and its feedback like yours that makes our team look forward to creating, what we call Vivanta Moments.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My overall experience is amazing, rooms are clean, comfortable, and look excellent. Food and room service is also top notch. The breakfast is perfect. Small minus point: I had to pay for my internet. Choose this hotel for any meeting you have in Whitefield (IT City and meeting rooms), not for the city center which is further away. Leave on time for your flight because it can take more than one hour.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, in particular our accommodation rooms. The rooms were designed by Wong Chu Man and we have received the Singapore Institute Architects award for interior design, But more than the award, we are happy guests feel our rooms are clean & intuitive. Thank you! We do have an internet inclusive room package, which are available on most booking engines as a total pricing option. Please do feel free to reach out to me at mukut.chakravarti@tajhotels.com the next time you are travelling to Bangalore, and I will be delighted to offer you an accommodation package that includes internet. Also, there is a slightly quicker route to the airport via Devanhalli, but even that takes an hour, as it does to reach every other major business district in Bangalore.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a great place to hangout. New location but good for folks working in the whitefield area. This is a great place believe me. good for folks working in the whitefield area

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to appreciate the food and beverage at the hotel. The hotel is designed to be the 'Venue' or the hub in Whitefield. A break-away from the social fortresses that tend to form with a mix of commercial and residential areas in Whitefield and the adjacent mall certainly helps add to the range of offerings.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

mukut.chakravarti@tajhotels.com

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have stayed here for a night with Friends. The service is impeccable. There are so many options for all meals. Starting from the breakfast to dining. The hotel staff are courteous. Its next to ITPL and any office in the campus would be walk-able distance. The rooms are spacious and our room had a pool view. Liked it. There is a mall/multiplex just next to the hotel in case you are interested to eat out/shop/watch a movie. Highly recommended to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. We will plan to present a very exciting Barbeque in September at the Caramel Porch over the weekends with live music. Since the Caramel is looking out onto the Park, we hope that these Grill evenings will turn-out to be a very social experience for our guests. Please do drop in the next time you are visiting Bangalore.

mukut.chakravarti@tajhotels.com