“Great business hotel in Whitefield”

Vivanta By Taj Whitefield
Ranked #32 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great business hotel in Whitefield”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel is situated right in the middle of Whitefield, and for a first time visitor to that area of Bangalore, it was quite a good experience. I must say, the hotel staff was very welcoming. The A la carte menu was quite good and I had a nice lunch with some good recommendations from the waiter. But, the breakfast buffet was disappointing. The pool was extremely refreshing, well spaced out. And the good thing was the drizzly weather, which made the stay all the more welcoming.
The highlight of my super-short stay was a relative losing his wallet, which we discovered hours later, and the speed with which the hotel staff recovered it was brilliant. A special thanks goes out to the duty manager - who found the wallet within a span of 3o minutes, when we had absolutely no hopes of getting it back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Reviewer,

The Security Department is responsible for all aspects of safety and security on the property as far as possible, and we are especially delighted when we are able to assure our guests of that security at the hotel.

Breakfast is something that we pride at our hotel, and if there is any particular aspect of the breakfast that you would like us to improve, please write to me at mukut.chakravarti@tajhotels.com the next time you stay at our hotel. We cater to different palates and preferences and if there is a special request our chefs are always happy to custom make the meal for you.

Mukut Chakravarti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for five weeks while we waited for our he to be ready. From the folks that service the room all the way to the managers, every single person we met at the Vivanta was wonderful. Not only were they amazingly friendly, but they were so incredibly service-oriented. There were too many examples to mention, but one that stand their dedication was setting up our mobile phone account. It took a while due to Airtel's repeated incompetence (if you are moving here as a foreigner, do NOT use Airtel), but they spent many days going to the Airtel office to battle on our behalf. We finally got service from Vodafone, completely thanks to the great people at the Vivanta.

The food is wonderful, and we had a wonderful guide to India's fine cuisine: Chef Sam. From the buffet breakfast and lunch (both so yum that my wife and I put on some weight) to the casual dinners at the Latitude to the fine dining at the North Indian restaurant, Terracotta, the food is divine.

Further, our room was excellent, and this was cemented by the Vivanta not just allowing us to have our two cats in the room, but treating them like little princesses. It seemed everyone wanted to see them, and we were happy to oblige. Yet the room remained very clean thanks to the fabulous room service staff.

I cannot recommend the Vivanta in Whitefield highly enough. Whether you are here for a day on business or a week on personal, this is truly home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first and extended stay at the Vivanta by Taj Whitefield, so much!

We try to provide our guests that little touch of home that allows them to relax and enjoy their stay. and now that you have become a member of Taj hotels resorts and Palaces we hope you have the opportunity to enjoy our hundreds of hotels in India wherever you travel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I will try to be as briefly as possible as it is really hard to describe the kind of service I have receive in my 3 visits at Bangalore and stays in this Hotel. All service is warm and every body from front desk, housekeeping, dining, waiters, etc., are dedicated to provide the very simple need you have. Every morning I was asked for my room cleaning, which I will say it was in perfect order and all my make up, and other personal items in dressing area were perfectly orginized you simply can see the dedication this people put to your room. In my check out I was offered from very early morning to have a nice and light dinner specially prepared to me before my departure, which I will say it was absolutely delicious!!, front desk offer to keep the Spa open so I could refersh before to take my late flight even I check out I got this addiional service + they took care of my luggage. Really it is so good to see th service is so good and I proof every time I travel to Bangalore.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that our team was able to create a cozy atmosphere to make you comfortable.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers looking for hotels in Bangalore and of course we are delighted you choose to stay with us when you travel to Bangalore.

Best Regards
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Amazing hotel with impeccable staff.
Fantastic food and Prompt service
Great value for money hotel.
Great location for people who have work at ITPL.
Had a last minute reservation at the Spa and the Doctor went out of his way to organize the appointment.
I have been to many spa's around the world but this one is world class.
The fitness instructor was also very knowledgeable and helpful.
oh..would like to mention their names as i remember...Ergin/Gajondran
Thanks a lot guys for making my stay wonderful

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for submitting a review of our hotel and Spa. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Spa. The Jiva Spa is not always explored by our guests, perhaps because it is below Lobby and at Ground level. We hope that travellers looking for hotels to stay in Bangalore read your review and try the experience at our Spa.

We hope that you will keep Vivanta by Taj Whitefield, Bangalore and the Jiva Spa on your mind the next time you stay in Bangalore

Potters Bar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

First visit to India for business. Lovely hotel, clean and well furnished rooms.
Onsite restaurant "Lattitude" has an amazing chef "Sam", she couldnt have been more helpful if she'd tried. She looked after us for our entire stay.
The room service menu is awesome, most variation ive seen in a while and catering for everyone including a large volume of vegetarian dishes.
All the staff are friendly and helpful and want to make sure everything is as you need it to be.

Room Tip: They cater for both smokers and non smokers
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
AjitP, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind feedback about Sam, we are very proud to have her with us at the Latitude. We hope you will be able to join us and Sam again in the very near future and continue to enjoy the service we offer at the Vivanta by Taj Whitefield, Bangalore.

france
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I spent 3 nights in this hotel : services are excellent, private taxi drivers take you from the airport to the hotel, all the staff is so kind and professional. Rooms are large and confortables. it is well located inside the IT pole and very convenient to go to the office by walk. There is a nice shopping mall just in front of the hotel when you can have good food (very nice BBQ restaurant) and see movies if you have time!

Room Tip: Excellent hotel for business trip, staff very kind and helpful - To be highly recommanded
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SunilTa, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Revviewer,

Thank you please accept my apologies on the delayed response.,Our hotel and services is infact desinged to offer an optimal environment for networking opportunities among top IT companies within the International Tech Park, Bangalore. A unique combination of contemporary space design and high-end technology set within landscaped grounds.

Director Of Sales.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was my first visit to India and from the time of my late arrival (flights into Bangalore were redirected) I was made to feel totally relaxed and as if the staff would do anything to make me comfortable. Sam the chef took the time to personally evaluate my needs (I am not a great spice lover and my appetite is small: quality not quantity) and provided a fantastic meal for me at an extremely reasonable price (less than 2000 Rs). The door staff were very attentive and handled the daily security and car handling with a smile. As for the room staff... how often do you have a hotel room where you eat a banana and leave the skin in the garbage and come back to the room at the end of the day to find a banana shake because the room staff ' thought you might like it !!!
The rooms are modern design and, unless you are used to toilets and showers with frosted glass enclosures, can be a bit disconcerting but I found them comfortable, well supplied and quiet.

All in all probably the best hotel I have stayed in for the last 5 years of business travel - can I give a rating of 6?

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliment. To know that we were able to make Vivanta your home away from home is the best compliment you can give our team that strives every day to do just that.

Thank you very much again and you have given us a rating of 6!