“The Vivanta Whitefield”

Vivanta By Taj Whitefield
Ranked #35 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Room Tip: The Vivanta Whitefield
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Varesh G
SunilTa, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Our hotel has won over 12 international design awards, and the rooftop lawn is much appreciated by architects for its projection as a grass promenade that behaves like a boulevard housing street-side cafes, boutiques, bars, restaurants, and gyms offering all the excitement and festivity of an urban boulevard. The rooftop lawn is also a projection of the Mobius which signifies the hotel being flexible and efficient having the ability for the programmed facilities to overlap each other, and the ability to expand or interchange according to demand and situation.

We are very happy that our guest feedback reflects this thought over here

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is very nice and clean.
The room is modern with very good facilities. Very clean and new. Excellent WiFi in the room.
Great breakfast, both Indian and Western food.
The restaurant is a very good choice for dinner.

There is a nice pool, but I didn't have time to try it.

The room is a bit smaller than others in same class in Bangalore. But overall it is not a problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your favourable review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the combination of contemporary space design, Food and beverage and high-end technology.

Although our standard rooms are similar in size, there are two layouts. We have two different layouts to our accommodation rooms, the room with the bed in the center layout lays Emphasis in spatial crafting to reflect the thoughts projected by Debord’s critique in the landscraper’s ability to firstly displace and then recreate the characteristics of the original site. And our hotel design theme - the Mobious.

We also have the bed against the wall accommodation room, where it seems there is more space in the room, since there is more space between the bed and the wall.

We look forward to welcoming you back,.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Vivanta Whitefield is a fantastic modern hotel with excellent facilities. The design is really spectacular with a rooftop Lawn and bar. I have just returned after a 6 night stay and from the moment I arrived at the airport to be greeted by the hotel driver to the moment I was dropped back at the airport I was well looked after. The vivanta is ideally located in the IT park for easy access to the companies I was visiting. The warm reception and personalized service from all the staff made me feel welcome. One particular member of staff Alexandra went out of her way to make me welcome her cheerful manner in the reception area was always a welcome sight when returning after a hard days work. My room was spacious with a small kitchen area with everything I needed. The buffet breakfast at Latitude was super with a vast selection available to suit all tastes. The food at Terracotta was authentic and very tasty and the staff again very helpful in selecting food.The pool and fitness center were really good and I made good use of them during my stay. I look forward to another visit to the Taj Vivanta in Whitefield in the future. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SunilTa, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review, we are very happy that we were able to make our hotel a home away from home. Our hotel is indeed designed as ‘the venue’ that is vibrant, and exciting. We believe that The green park-life environment at our hotel that will not only facilitate its function as a business hotel, but also encourage social interaction and exchange on a myriad of levels , The food and beverage offerings are tasty and fun, but yet unintimidating.
The Spa and wellness areas provide a retreat and regeneration zone for the tired business Guest. - this combined with the hotels landscaping and our hospitality forms an integral part of the hotel experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel 4-5 times, the last 2 with my wife and 2 kids... The hotel staff were so nice and so professional, they made every effort to make us feel at home. They helped us settle down, store and repack our stuff multiple times (I was relocating outside India), basically went out of their way...

The hotel itself gives a peaceful environment, add to it the staff and service - I would recommend this place anyday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, our team is delighted that you found our staff professional and helpful. Your recommendation and patronage means very much to all of us.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Vivanta Whitefield is a beautiful modern hotel with excellent facilities. Although I was only there for one night, I tried to test or see everything. The warm reception and personalized service from all the staff made me feel welcome. My room was spacious and well appointed with everything I needed. The food at Terracotta was authentic and very tasty. The pool and fitness center were beautiful and clean. Upon departure, a thank you note and small box of chocolates were unexpected. I look forward to another visit to the Taj Vivanta in Whitefield in the future. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review, we are delighted that your short stay at our hotel was fantastic.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Being a designer, I happen to like quirky hotels and this one caught my eye while I was surfing for hotels in Bangalore.
I was surprised to see a Taj hotel with such vibrant colours and contemporary architecture.
The Vivanta is a nice hotel and has all the embellishments of a Taj hotel. It provides the same warmth and service that one has come to expect of the Taj.
I was put up in the Deluxe Allure Suite (they have some very interesting names for their rooms) and was a bit surprised seeing the size. I expected a suite would be larger than the 400 sq ft mentioned by them, but the sheer comfort of that room more than made up for the paucity of size.
The breakfast at Latitude, the coffee shop is great, but my favourite was Caramel, where they have some very nice homemade ice cream.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Premium Indulgence rooms, they have a view of the pool and of the tennis courts.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you, we are delighted you stayed at our hotel, which has won 13 international awards on design an Architecture. On the Colors, the architect imagined that from a distance, the hotel mass looks like a medley of green and blue patterns. This is because the room facade is conceived from a digital picture of the site taken prior to construction. The image was pixelated
and recomposed in the memory of the site.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel is a good option for business travel to Whitefield. They have big rooms and large comfy beds.Frankly I find the hotel interiors a tad too bright and loud. They have made it fancy and contemporary which makes it look more like a lifestyle luxury hotel and not a business hotel. However in terms of stay, comfort and a good breakfast I don't share any complaints and would def recommend the place for business travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SunilTa, Director of Sales at Vivanta By Taj Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your compliment, we are glad you found the rooms comfortable, spacious and homely. With plenty of natural light in the room and baige colours the room is indeed well lit and our guests say its a welcome relief from dark colors.

The design of hotel is ‘the venue’ that is vibrant, and exciting and we have used 16 shades of glassin varying shades of green & blue to recreate an earth to sky, originally experienced by the archtect whilst building the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, please do write in at mukut.chakravarti@tajhotels.com and I will make sure we block a room as per your preferences.