“Mixed experience - but good overall”

The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore
Ranked #27 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
My house
“Mixed experience - but good overall”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I was originally going write a mediocre review based in initial experience but as my stay progressed things got better and problems were fixed. N'Zuri is Swahili for 'marvelous' or 'fine' so I was disappointed when on check in I was told I'd be billed an extra night because they were expecting me the day before (seemed my booking had been wrongly entered), after showing the original booking the desk staff at least agreed to ask the manager to look into it, simple mistake - simple fix. The practice of only switching on the sauna when you come to use it was irritating as it takes 40mins to get to temperature, finally resolved by calling ahead. Also it would have been 'marvelous' to have real coffee in the rooms and some milk (ideally fresh from the minibar fridge).

However these niggles were either fixed or outweighed by other positives. The staff were generally very helpful and attentive, the chef at breakfast would prepare eggs just the way I like them, green tea & honey after the sauna was very thoughtful.

I'd have no hesitation staying in future and would recommend it to others.

If the hotel management read this two tiny things - leave the sauna on when the spa is open and replace the instant coffee in the rooms and at breakfast with something better. You have a nice hotel and good staff, these small small things would make you 'marvelous'.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank RS24
mohantydev, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 8 December 2011

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the product and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

We are certain, your feedback shall facilitate us in consolidating upon our strengths and improve further on our standards.Thus enabling our valuable guests to experience better services in the Hotel.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore , I would be delighted to assist you personally.

Executive Assistant Manager-Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed for a week in Zuri, first good points, I arrived 6 AM in the morning, my checkin was quick and i could locate my room easily. Breakfast buffet is very good, I liked breakfast every day.

Now my negative review, the chairs in the room are filthy, they have stains ( not sure what they were ) all over. I was even scared to go near them. I reported the issue to reception, house cleaning guy and manager who I met in elevator. They all promised to take care of my issues but were never fixed.

The rooms have baby beds, I had real tough time sleeping on them and still paid almost $150 per night. You will find rooms of lot better value in western countries.

Cabs taken from hotel are horribly expensive, for simple 50KM to and fro you are charged $80. One should never use cab services from Zuri.

On weekends dinner, it was a half spread and food was moderate. Italian place in the hotel is horrible and not worth calling a name. Minestrone, porcini and risotto was cooked to horrible perfection, please close the place if you guys dont know how to cook food.

3 Thank Rachel G
mohantydev, Executive Assistant Manager-Rooms at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Dear Guest;

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We have noted with concern, your comments on the guest employee execution interface,cleanliness, pricing of the travel desk,quality of bed comfort and food in Incanto.

We are certain, your feedback shall facilitate us in addressing each area as specified with corrective steps to enable all our valuable guests to experience better services in the Hotel.

london
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed here for 3 weeks in total and loved everything about it. Good restaurants, nice bars, great choice at breakfast and lovely interior design.

Only complaint I had was no sockets near mirrors which means the interior wasn't really designed with female travellers in mind (I need to straighten my hair!)

Oddly the mini bar prices for beer are cheaper than the hotel bar. That's a new one on me!

I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank scotgirl

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I've stayed here multiple times and will be going back. It is close to our office and the service is very good. I've used the spa multiple times and prefer a firm touch - ask for Varshali - she has great technique. The food is very good - the indian dishes are great - and you can also get a late night pizza for burger for that matter. They have definitely improved the wifi service over the past few visits. The only complaint here is that I have multiple devices and only one can be logged in at one time...but that can be managed.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Had my first business trip to India. Had a compressed three days and I found after the tough traffic and schedule it was nice to return to the Zuri. Comfortable rooms and a great bed. I enjoyed only an hour by the pool but wish I could have spent more time.
Good buffet dinners and breakfast. Clean hotel.
Very nice bar with happy hour. Nice bartender and staff.

Barre, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The Zuri Hotel in Bangalore delivers an excellent facility with some of the finest service I have ever encountered. The rooms are large and comfortable. The restaurants are excellent. Breakfast buffet is a choice of local or Western foods.

The service is excellent, friendly, and attentive. Jayanthi, the Guest Relation Executive is particularly helpful.

I have stayed here 3 times and look forward to my next stay.

John

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
mohantydev, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 24 November 2011

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We had a huge gathering for a project party and really had a noce time spent there.
Dj arrangement was really cool and pool was awesome.
The only space where i felt that needs to be improved is parking. Location of the hotel is too far from the main resedential areas but thanx to local volvos.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
mohantydev, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 19 November 2011