“Very friendly place”

Ranked #28 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Montreal, Canada
“Very friendly place”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed in Zuri for 15 days while I was in a business trip to Bangalore. I was amazed by the quality of reception and courteousness of the staff. The day would start in an excellent note at the breakfast place..It is great mix and since I miss Indian food a lot staying in Canada, I would only go to the Indian side and was never disappointed. The service staff was awesome and after a few days even knew what I liked (such as coffee with the right amount of sugar and milk) and puri and sabzi.
The hotel was very supportive in everything right from room service to information providence. I visited the restaurants in the hotel and although they are a bit pricey, the food they served was awesome.
The only downside I saw was transport, the hotel has a affliated fleet of cars and they provide very good service but are 3-4 times more expensive than the radio taxis which are good cars, this is where I think they are highly overpriced and this needs to be noted by the management, otherwise it is a great place to go to and surely will be my desitnation for my next business trip to India.

Room Tip: Rooms are good, just make separate arrangement for transportation because their transportation is pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear Mr.Varma,

We are grateful for your kind comments on your food and beverage experience.

We have taken into account the pricing matrix of the travel desk and reviewed the same. The price seems to be in line with the pricing of any luxury fleet available at any star classified hotel.

However the alternate option of taking local cabs is also available to you, the same can be requested for from the Travel desk in the presence of the Guest Relations team.

Your constructive feedback was shared with the entire team and shall encourage us to deliver our best to you and our other invaluable guests.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore, I would be delighted to assist you personally.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
London
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed at the Zuri for a period of four weeks in mid September whilst over with work. I was working near Whitefield so the location was very convenient (although it did take a while to get into town if going on a night). The hotel itself was very nice, staff were amazing and couldn't do enough to help you, facilities were great (I especially liked the swimming pool) and I really enjoyed the food and the huge selection that was available. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone considering staying in Bangalore. If you get a chance, make sure you visit the rooftop bar - there's something about having a few drinks in the open air and sampling the food up there!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mr.Turnbull,

Greetings from "The Zuri Whitefield, Bengaluru"!

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the product and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

We are certain, your feedback shall facilitate us in consolidating upon our strengths and improve further on our standards.Thus enabling our valuable guests to experience better services in the Hotel.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore , I would be delighted to assist you personally.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Had to choose a hotel in Whitefield because of work, although I usually stay at one of the 5 stars in town – commuting was not possible this visit due to the permanent traffic jams in Bangalore!

Zuri Hotel is quite pleasant, but in no way comparable to the ‘proper’ 5 stars like Taj or ITC Windsor (although it’s much cheaper, so no complaints there).

It’s a new hotel and the décor is imaginative and quirky and done to a very high standard. Staff are young and generally enthusiastic and eager to please. Rooms are pleasant enough but a bit small, especially if there’s 2 of you.

On site Italian restaurant is very good, but the 24 hour coffee shop has a patchy level of service, especially at breakfast. Food is nice though. Rooftop bar is great!

Had a few problems with their free wifi – very slow and intermittent connection – resolved eventually when they gave me a LAN cable to use.

The biggest downside at Zuri is the pool area – it’s a pool in name only – too small and oddly shaped to be anything other than a decoration (albeit a nice one!). Minimal places to sunbathe and no gardens at all. It would be useless if you came with kids.

If you’re working in the area and alone, it’s a good choice. If you want a genuine 5 star experience, pony up the extra and stay at the Taj West end or ITC Windsor in town.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
JeanMichelMocellin, General Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear Mr. Colin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and sincerely hope to have you back with us very soon.
We have also noted your comments and concerns regarding the WIFI access & quality, along with the breakfast service levels' consistency; both issues have been addressed already.
Although we cannot really change the Pool setup and location, we will ensure that this facility is kept on Par with Guest's expectations at all time.
We are looking forward to seeing you with us again in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime during your next visit in Bangalore, I will delighted to assist you personally.

Warmest Regards,
Ireland
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed at The Zuri Bangalore on a business trip for 4 weeks.
Hotel is great with lots of facilities on site. (Salon, Spa, Hairdresser, Gym, Pool, gift shop)
Rooms are large, clean, well air-conditioned and comfortable. (I stayed in the Zuri Club Room. My room was facing back of the hotel over the pool, no issues or noise)
Restaurants (you have a great choice, international, bbq grill, Italian and Pan Asian) All have great service and food is very good quality.
The breakfast buffet has something for everyone,I was very impressed!
Laundry service was very quick and no issues with the quality.
Zuri car service was very efficient, a little pricey but safe and reliable option that is worth it.

I found all the staff and management extremely helpful and would stay again if I was in Bangalore.
Well done and thanks to all the team @ Zuri!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Zuri Club Room. My room was facing back of the hotel over the pool, no issues or noi...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from "The Zuri Whitefield, Bengaluru"!

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is close to many of the IT companies, and I was staying here on business. After some initial problems (the air-conditioning didn't work well) the management really stepped up and made my stay a great one. The service is impeccable and the rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. Wi-Fi is included free and they have an in-house car service (which I did not use because we had hired a driver). The food is good in the pool is among the best I've seen at a hotel. If you stay you absolutely have to go to the restaurant on the roof which provides an excellent view of the city. In addition there is a bar downstairs by the pool that is just plain cool.

I did have a few minor complaints. First, the air-conditioning throughout my stay never could get cooler than 23°C. This was fine, but it the end of the day sometimes I like a very cool room. That was not possible in my room. My colleague who stayed on the other side of the building had a different problem: his room was to call and when not get warmer. That said, both our rooms were within the reasonable range of comfortable temperatures. In addition, the rooms facing the road side of the hotel can be pretty noisy. I recommend asking for a high floor room facing the pool side of the hotel, but even the roadside is not that big a deal. Finally one morning during my stay I received a wake up call at 6 AM even though I had not requested one there were also computerized follow-up calls. I had to take the phone off the hook, which was a little bit annoying, especially since I had planned wake up at 8:30. That said, I just rolled over and went back to sleep, and it was not a big deal.

Overall this hotel is excellent, very comfortable, and a great place to stay either for leisure or business travel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank MothLarva

We are grateful for your kind comments on your food and beverage experience.
We have also noted with concern the feedback on the breakdown in the communication process for the wake-up call. Our Front desk team has recognized and reworked the same to good effect through our training and development team. Besides we have taken into account on the feedback regarding air conditioning. Our building management system enables a temperature setting of 22 -24 degree centigrade in the room.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I stayed at the Zuri during early October for a 9 day stay. I stayed in a Club room. The room was smallish, but very comfortable. The room included a comfortable bed, two night stands, a desk, flat screen TV, cable/digital TV, free internet and a safe. They had a very good selection of TV channels. The desk was comfortable and worked well

The internet was good except you can only have one device on it at a time. So, with my iPad/laptop, I was constantly switching.

The bathroom was also smallish, but included a combo bath/shower with a rain shower. For me, it was big enough. They included use of a robe and slippers.

The room was spotless, and well kept by the staff. My only complaints about the room, was that It was missing two things. An iron/board ( which I requested and received ), and an alarm clock.

The restaurants were good. Breakfast is served every morning in the lobby restaurant. The buffet food was good and contained a set of selections from both Western/Indian cuisine. For those enjoying Western food, they would make to order: Eggs, French Toast, or Pancakes. The French toast was very good, eggs seemed off for some reason, and I really wanted a waffle which was not available. The selection did get a bit repetitive, and was smaller than other hotels I've stayed out in the past in India. I did appreciate it was a bit less formal that other places which I prefer.

For Dinner, I ate at the Italian restaurant 3 times, the lobby restaurant twice. At the Italian restaurant, I ordered the fixed menu twice. It was very reasonable at 1,000RS. It included three courses and unlimited domestic wine. Very much enjoyed this restaurant. I ate two evenings in lobby restaurant. I did the seafood buffet which was the standard Indian buffet + a made to order fish dish. I also did lamb. I found both meals quite good. I ate one evening at the pool by the bar. Again, enjoyed it. I also did room service. The food was delivered quickly and again was very high quality. I did not try the rooftop restaurant.

The hotel was to arrange transportation during my stay. They did airport pickup/drop off with no issue. There was a mix up with whether office transfers were included, which required a phone call from my company. I also did have a missed pickup. I forgot to give a time to the bell staff and a driver forgot to tell the bell desk a pickup time which I provided during a drop off. Overall, the drivers and transportation worked well, just remember to arrange with the bell/travel staff before you leave the hotel. There is a lot of traffic in the Whitefield area and the trip for me to Old Airport Road was longer than one might like.

My only other compliant, though this is true about most business hotels in India, is I'd really love a small shop where I could pick up drinks or a snack ( bag of chips ). If they replaced the overpriced gift shop with something modeled after a Marriott Courtyard Market, it would be greatly appreciated by a traveler like me who is spending a long time at the hotel, but doesn't necessary want to do room service or mini-bar for a small snack.

The staff itself makes every effort to see to your needs. They were friendly and did a good job. I was overall very please with my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

We are grateful for your kind comments on your food and beverage experience.

We have also noted with concern the breakdown in the communication process for the office transfer. Our Front Office team has recognized and reworked the same to good effect through our training and development team. Besides we have taken into account on the feedback regarding a Grab and Go Shop. The same is under a feasibility study.

The feedback regarding the same was shared with the entire team and shall encourage us to deliver our best to you and our other invaluable guests.

india
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I was given 3 places as option to stay but chose THE ZURI after going through the reviews. I was welcomed warmly by front desk staff ,was offered a drink at the time of check in. There are lot option for dinning. but i chose Sake which was actually a great place because for the staff and the food. People at the reception always extended a good service whenever asked for.
i will definitely recommend the for all the business travelers.

Room Tip: corner room
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 26 November 2012

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on Front Desk and Sake.

The same was shared with the entire team and shall encourage us to deliver our best to you and our other invaluable guests.