“AWESOME AND WILL NOT FORGET WELCOMING”

The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore
Ranked #28 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
usa
“AWESOME AND WILL NOT FORGET WELCOMING”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We were in a group and was a month of sept. i Was taken aback by the welcome that was given to us by managers at the airport in the dawn hours which i had never experienced before gloobaly,a big banner with company name , cold towels ,water bottles and a big coach to and was happy to be in same coach with my friends. We were people from different regions and had come to come india for a project for 28 days.When reached hotel a traditional welcome which was never experienced before. A true welcomer from the heart.
We tried different food place was good ,but thought bit lacking in english in the food courts.
The people at the the lobby reception were really true by heart and used to ask about the day and the trip. We enjoyed at the pool side till late night. We would definately come back here

Room Tip: roooms corner
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 28 November 2012

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on your welcome experience and the service in particular.

The same was shared with the entire team and shall encourage us to deliver our best to you and our other invaluable guests.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore, I would be delighted to assist you personally.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Had a pretty bad experience at an otherwise nice hotel. I had to add a second person on my reservation and when I called their customer care, they said you can do it at the location. Booked it through a corporate website and the base fare was negotiated for 2. At the location they insisted that they will charge for the 2nd person since I didn't add the 2nd person during reservation. I told them that when I booked it , it mentioned that the base fare is for 2 so why does it matter to them when I add the 2nd person. They said it would have been ok to have 2 people on this fare , had i mentioned it during reservation. It took an hour of my time talking to multiple employees, fishing out the verbiage about the base fare and have them convinced.

C'mon Zuri! You are world class facility and I expected better. There are times when the fine print may be confusing ( in this case it wasn't ) yet the measure of good service is to understand the customer and doing the right thing instead of showing paragraph 2 of page 13.

Jai

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jaideepsinghpanwar
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear Mr.Singh,

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We have noted with concern the interaction on the rate communiqué for the second guest. The team has been advised to exercise more discretionary measures to salvage your experience.
We have effected necessary changes internally for the same.

Your constructive feedback was shared with the entire team and shall encourage us to deliver our best to you and our other invaluable guests.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed in Zuri for 15 days while I was in a business trip to Bangalore. I was amazed by the quality of reception and courteousness of the staff. The day would start in an excellent note at the breakfast place..It is great mix and since I miss Indian food a lot staying in Canada, I would only go to the Indian side and was never disappointed. The service staff was awesome and after a few days even knew what I liked (such as coffee with the right amount of sugar and milk) and puri and sabzi.
The hotel was very supportive in everything right from room service to information providence. I visited the restaurants in the hotel and although they are a bit pricey, the food they served was awesome.
The only downside I saw was transport, the hotel has a affliated fleet of cars and they provide very good service but are 3-4 times more expensive than the radio taxis which are good cars, this is where I think they are highly overpriced and this needs to be noted by the management, otherwise it is a great place to go to and surely will be my desitnation for my next business trip to India.

Room Tip: Rooms are good, just make separate arrangement for transportation because their transportation is pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mr.Varma,

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on your food and beverage experience.

We have taken into account the pricing matrix of the travel desk and reviewed the same. The price seems to be in line with the pricing of any luxury fleet available at any star classified hotel.

However the alternate option of taking local cabs is also available to you, the same can be requested for from the Travel desk in the presence of the Guest Relations team.

London
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed at the Zuri for a period of four weeks in mid September whilst over with work. I was working near Whitefield so the location was very convenient (although it did take a while to get into town if going on a night). The hotel itself was very nice, staff were amazing and couldn't do enough to help you, facilities were great (I especially liked the swimming pool) and I really enjoyed the food and the huge selection that was available. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone considering staying in Bangalore. If you get a chance, make sure you visit the rooftop bar - there's something about having a few drinks in the open air and sampling the food up there!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mr.Turnbull,

Greetings from "The Zuri Whitefield, Bengaluru"!

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the product and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

We are certain, your feedback shall facilitate us in consolidating upon our strengths and improve further on our standards.Thus enabling our valuable guests to experience better services in the Hotel.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore , I would be delighted to assist you personally.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Had to choose a hotel in Whitefield because of work, although I usually stay at one of the 5 stars in town – commuting was not possible this visit due to the permanent traffic jams in Bangalore!

Zuri Hotel is quite pleasant, but in no way comparable to the ‘proper’ 5 stars like Taj or ITC Windsor (although it’s much cheaper, so no complaints there).

It’s a new hotel and the décor is imaginative and quirky and done to a very high standard. Staff are young and generally enthusiastic and eager to please. Rooms are pleasant enough but a bit small, especially if there’s 2 of you.

On site Italian restaurant is very good, but the 24 hour coffee shop has a patchy level of service, especially at breakfast. Food is nice though. Rooftop bar is great!

Had a few problems with their free wifi – very slow and intermittent connection – resolved eventually when they gave me a LAN cable to use.

The biggest downside at Zuri is the pool area – it’s a pool in name only – too small and oddly shaped to be anything other than a decoration (albeit a nice one!). Minimal places to sunbathe and no gardens at all. It would be useless if you came with kids.

If you’re working in the area and alone, it’s a good choice. If you want a genuine 5 star experience, pony up the extra and stay at the Taj West end or ITC Windsor in town.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
JeanMichelMocellin, General Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear Mr. Colin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and sincerely hope to have you back with us very soon.
We have also noted your comments and concerns regarding the WIFI access & quality, along with the breakfast service levels' consistency; both issues have been addressed already.
Although we cannot really change the Pool setup and location, we will ensure that this facility is kept on Par with Guest's expectations at all time.
We are looking forward to seeing you with us again in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime during your next visit in Bangalore, I will delighted to assist you personally.

Warmest Regards,
Ireland
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed at The Zuri Bangalore on a business trip for 4 weeks.
Hotel is great with lots of facilities on site. (Salon, Spa, Hairdresser, Gym, Pool, gift shop)
Rooms are large, clean, well air-conditioned and comfortable. (I stayed in the Zuri Club Room. My room was facing back of the hotel over the pool, no issues or noise)
Restaurants (you have a great choice, international, bbq grill, Italian and Pan Asian) All have great service and food is very good quality.
The breakfast buffet has something for everyone,I was very impressed!
Laundry service was very quick and no issues with the quality.
Zuri car service was very efficient, a little pricey but safe and reliable option that is worth it.

I found all the staff and management extremely helpful and would stay again if I was in Bangalore.
Well done and thanks to all the team @ Zuri!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Zuri Club Room. My room was facing back of the hotel over the pool, no issues or noi...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from "The Zuri Whitefield, Bengaluru"!

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is close to many of the IT companies, and I was staying here on business. After some initial problems (the air-conditioning didn't work well) the management really stepped up and made my stay a great one. The service is impeccable and the rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. Wi-Fi is included free and they have an in-house car service (which I did not use because we had hired a driver). The food is good in the pool is among the best I've seen at a hotel. If you stay you absolutely have to go to the restaurant on the roof which provides an excellent view of the city. In addition there is a bar downstairs by the pool that is just plain cool.

I did have a few minor complaints. First, the air-conditioning throughout my stay never could get cooler than 23°C. This was fine, but it the end of the day sometimes I like a very cool room. That was not possible in my room. My colleague who stayed on the other side of the building had a different problem: his room was to call and when not get warmer. That said, both our rooms were within the reasonable range of comfortable temperatures. In addition, the rooms facing the road side of the hotel can be pretty noisy. I recommend asking for a high floor room facing the pool side of the hotel, but even the roadside is not that big a deal. Finally one morning during my stay I received a wake up call at 6 AM even though I had not requested one there were also computerized follow-up calls. I had to take the phone off the hook, which was a little bit annoying, especially since I had planned wake up at 8:30. That said, I just rolled over and went back to sleep, and it was not a big deal.

Overall this hotel is excellent, very comfortable, and a great place to stay either for leisure or business travel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank MothLarva

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on your food and beverage experience.
We have also noted with concern the feedback on the breakdown in the communication process for the wake-up call. Our Front desk team has recognized and reworked the same to good effect through our training and development team. Besides we have taken into account on the feedback regarding air conditioning. Our building management system enables a temperature setting of 22 -24 degree centigrade in the room.