“Good hotel for business travellers but ...”

The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore
Ranked #35 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed at the Zuri for six nights during a business trip, my first visit to India. The hotel is clean and tidy, the food good (with a wide buffet selection at breakfast and dinner). I didn't try any of the other restaurants. It sits near a busy road and although convenient for offices in Whitefield, there's really nowhere to walk to.
I would have given this hotel four, maybe five stars but for one thing: some of the staff. Most are very pleasant, personable and helpful. However, the guy who runs the hotel shop is annoyingly over-the-top. Get within 20 feet of the shop and he's all over you like a rash. Worse was the guy at the front door. On arrival, he took our suitcases on a trolley to our rooms. I took mine into my room and shut the door whilst he helped my colleague. Moments later, there was a knock at the door and there he was, insisting he had to show me my room. When done, he stood there, clearly waiting for a tip. I had no money, was extremely tired and this was the last thing I wanted. Later in the week, the same guy pretty much pulled a bag out of my hand, insisting he had to take it for scanning, but he was clearly only interested in a tip - again. It may be a western view, but for me this isn't acceptable and not what I expect in a higher-grade hotel. Shame, because this aside I liked the Zuri very much.

1  Thank bhmathome
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield Bengaluru !

At the very onset please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay.

Rest assured that the points you have kindly mentioned have been addressed with the relevant Departments & Management. We thank you for bringing these shortcomings to our attention; this will enable us to improve our service levels even further.

Your experience at the Zuri is what matters most to us, and will always remain a priority.

We hope to see you again in the near future and I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly at your convenience, so please ask for me. Wishing you the very best.

rahul.kanwar@thezurihotels.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Really enjoyed my recent stay at the Zuri. The room was very comfortable, clean and well stocked. The shower was great, with loads of hot water. The Laundry service was fast and reliable. The staff were all very good - from reception to the buffet restaurant to the Infinity Bar on the second floor.

There was a good choice of food at the buffet restaurant where we ate most days. Breakfasts were delicious too - I even re-discovered my love of peanut butter and jam on toast!

One minor gripe - no draught Kingfisher!! (and even ran out of Kingfisher one night...according to the barman)

All in all, an enjoyable stay and I'd love to be in a position to go back there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield,Bengaluru !!

Thank you for staying at The Zuri Whitefield, Bengaluru & taking out time to give us your feedback and valuable comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Stay with us, as well as our various Facilities and the Services we provide at the Zuri Whitefield.Such comments coming from you is indeed of real value to us !

Our priority is to ensure that our Guests get the best possible "Zuri Experience" while in our care.We have passed your comments to our Management Team & Staff; thank you for acknowledging their efforts and hard work.

rahul.kanwar@thezurihotels

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Amazing experience...we just fell in love with the rooms the moment we entered ..pure luxuary.
You will not be let down on any thing in this Hotel.
Amazing food awesum music in the lounge.
Was the best place to be to be pampered at the Maya Spa.

Room Tip: We stayed here in Dec and came again in Feb and we liked both the rooms offered to us.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pmrs1808
rahulkanwar2001, E.A.M at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

rahul.kanwar@thezurihotels

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The rooms are spacious and very well equipt. The bathroom has everything you need. There are 4 restaurants with different kind of food and very well preserved. Delicious. The hotel is very clean. We have never been in a hotel where every member of the staff was so friendly and helpfull. ( we travel a lot ) they do everything to make you happy. The hotel lies in a business area. Tours are available. Reception can help you book tours, going into town and so on. They arrange what you want and you just sit and relax. (Mysore was beautiful also sightseeing)
Thank you Dewanty (spa) for treating me like a princes.
Gym is very good equipt. The lightning in the hotel is very nice espesially at the pool and in the top restaurant at the 8 th Floor.
If there was a problem immidiatly action was taken.
We thank every body to make our stay wonderfull.
We where in the hotel for business and holiday. Perfect.
Best regards Bram and Corrie

Room Tip: Lakeside room
Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corrie D
rahulkanwar2001, E.A.M at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Excellent Service, Nice & confident team to handle all guests,
Room service is good,
Nice bar (Bling) excellent team specillaly a team member named "vishal" was very supportive & good.
Food quality was good, breakfast & dinner was good.
only one thing i noticed if they can add some more verity to their compelentory breakfast.

1  Thank Anish1304

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Excellent customer service,handle all the requirement of customer with great care.Seems,unlike some other bigger hotel, duty manager/supervisors are given authority to fulfill the requirement of customer without going to top management for simple things.sales team works hard to improve sales/quality and service of hotel.overall I can say Zuri hotel at whitefeild Bangalore shows a difference to other bigger hotel with quality and service.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Zubba1234
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is my fifth stay and total nights in Zuri I have spent might be more than 12 weeks. Every trip I delighted to stay along with such a good staff. Never, I had felt that I am away from my home. Room size, bed, bathroom, inside ambience is very nice. Most of the varieties of foods are available, South- Indian, North- Indian, Continental, Italian etc.
Travel desk is also nice, Airport and Office dropped & pick-up was on time. I would recommend anyone travelling to Bangalore to stay in Zuri for relatively low price, good food and excellence stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Harekrishna B