“Very nice hotel in a strategic location”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #72 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 13 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I am using this hotel in all my trips to Bangalore, after tring several others in Koramangala area.
It is the best place to come back after a long day of meetings and work.

I appreciate specially the kindness of all the staff.
As well the flexibility in the food, they can serve you non spicy food (your stomach needs for spices when you are not used).

Rooms are big and well equiped.
Try, you will repeat

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms close the the swimming pool are the most quite of all
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciation of our staff and we hope you enjoyed the non spicy food at our restaurant.

I will share your comments with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed at the Grand Mercure Hotel for 2 nights towards the end of October 2012. Nice hotel, good location, well-appointed rooms, good food but very bad attitude. I forgot my mobile phone charger in my room and realized it only after I came back home. When I called up the front desk, they told me that the charger had been found. If they were to courier it to me, they said, I will need to pay them courier charges.

Charging your customer to courier a mobile phone charger that he accidentally forgot? Odd, but I agreed. I asked them their bank account number so that I can transfer the money through internet. They refused, saying that the only option is credit card authorization. For that, I needed to fill up a form and send them scanned copies of the front-side and back-side of my credit card. I requested them to allow me the wireless transfer option, since the backside of the credit card is sensitive and private information. Not only did they refuse to give me an alternate option, they also insisted that till the time I don’t give them money (send them scanned copies and authorization form duly signed) they will not courier me my charger.

Sorry, but this attitude is unacceptable. I spent almost Rs25,000 for just 2 nights (including meals and airport transportation), and they could not spend a paltry sum to courier me my charger, knowing I made an honest mistake. I told them I will send them the scanned copies but it might take some time, since I am a very busy man and could scan only at home. I don’t like to scan private documents in office. The hotel did not budge.

Phone chargers are very important and we become very handicapped and the hotel front desk was worried about the courier charges? Ideally, the hotel should absorb the courier charges, as part of good customer service. Some years back, I had forgotten my phone charger at Taj Hotel, Nashik. They instantly couriered me the charger and DID NOT charge me a single penny. That is called customer service. To charge your customer for such paltry charges, and then not to trust your customer, speaks volumes of how much important Grand Mercure gives to its customers.

I had to finally request my friend in Bangalore to get my phone charger picked up from the hotel and courier it to me himself.

The hotel's bad attitude has left a sour taste in my mouth and was an unfortunate experience in an otherwise good stay in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the main road and children's park (beyond) are good, but all rooms appear to b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kayezad A
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Mercure Bangalore.

Request you to accept our sincere apologies as we were unable to provide you with our bank account details to allow you to transfer the funds.

However we do keep our guests informed regarding their belongings being left at the Hotel and the charges applicable for having the items couriered to them. We request our guests for a credit card authorization as it is required for us as per the standing instructions from the bank and it becomes mandatory for us to complete these formalities.

I have taken a note of your feedback and will take the necessary measures to ensure that these incidents do not repeat in the future.

Regards

Warm Regards

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I recently hosted a party at their By the Blue poolside bar-restaurant and was really impressed by the food, the service and all the arrangements. I do frequent the restaurants and have to say that their standards are pretty good too. While I haven't stayed in the hotel myself, all my friends who have, have only good things to say about it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ShareKhan4

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your experience at By the Blue.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a week there recently. Was disappointed to be given a smoking room when a non smoker and no other rooms available; that made the stay a bit annoying as you really knew it was a smoking room each time you opened the door, quite overpowering lingering odour. That aside it's a pretty good experience. The room was spotless and facilities in room very good. Thankfully an excellent shower. TV showed many multi nation satellite channels. Small balcony. Air con works well. Small kitchen which I didn't use. 2 restaurants. Had excellent Indian food in good location by pool in Into the Blue, other restaurant for breakfast and dinner was also good and open late. Service in both friendly and fast. Everyone is very friendly and polite here and would have no hesitation in coming back again. But would check on room availability if you are non smoker and care about that

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Bear858
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Mercure Bangalore. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We completely agree that the room preference for smoking & non smoking room should be provided. I will personally get this checked so that such issues dont occur again.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The hotel is great, I preferred the restaurant blue by the pool, is a great environment for dinner or lunch and the main cuisine is Indian, but other food is availabe
12th main the breakfast restaurant offers a good choice of cuisines.
The pool is excellent and well presented and maintained
The rooms are very comfortable and have a kitchen and utensils if you wish to cook yourself.
Wifi works well and there are many channels available on the TV.
The hotrel is located away from the business districts so there is travel to get to offices, but the upside is that it is located in a lovely residential area with a superb walking park adjacent.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and have no complaints about noise or any other issue (was overlooking the en...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Des P
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us whilst your visit to Bangalore and we sincerely appreciate you taking time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We thank you for complimenting the food choice. It will give me great pleasure to share your comments with team – I know how much they will appreciate what you have said.

My team and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Was booked here by a company and had no clue what to expect. My stay turned out to be excellent - the room was large and well appointed. The little attached balcony was tiny, but sufficient to step out for the morning cuppa and enjoy the famous bangalore weather. While there also spotted a small park with folks walking around so went down for a stroll myself - it seems to be a well-kept secret in a rather nice part of the city. the park wasnt big or anything, but was great given what most hotels in Urban india offer. One other bit I really enjoyed was the restaurant - excelllent outdor seating, lots of flowing water. Given that the hotel is away from main roads, it was quiet and pleasant. Highly recommend !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Chetanmahajan

Dear Mr.Mahajan,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay. We have started encouraging our guests to use this park for the morning/evening stroll or jog as an initiative for a healthy life.

We look forward to welocming you back.

Kind Regards,