“Pleasant stay at Mercure Bangalore”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #71 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 7 December 2012

The front office staff in this place is extremely kind and cooperative. They are always smiling and after a hard days's work, when you walk into the hotel - it feels good to be greeted and acknowledged. They have also helped me in my requests for things that I needed.

The breakfast is a good spread :)

The in room dining is not only timely, but also delicious and the staff extremely courteous.

There is a scope for improvement for the housekeeping team, as my shower cubicle did not get cleaned on the first day. . .also, the basin in the washroom may be clogged as it takes some time for the water to go down. . .

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sagaree C
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Sagaree,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.

We are delighted to read you have had a great time with us at Grand Mercure Bangalore. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Our Exceutive Housekeeper has been made aware of your feedback & he would be conducting training for his team members to ensure cleanliness is perfect.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for more memorable moments with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2012

This hotel is centrally located in Bangalore. However, since its located in residential area, most of the taxi driver and auto rickshaw dont know about the place.
My stay is great! Very nice establishment! Great service, and great food. Certainly will stay here again if i ever came back to Bangalore

Dear Alexnjoo,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Mercure Bangalore. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ormsguy
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed at the Grand Mercure Bangalore for over 5 months and my stay could not be better. The room is extremelly comfortable, breakfast is lovely and the pool is fantastic. The crew was always very helpful and kind to us in every request and little thing we needed. If I ever go back to Bangalore, that is definitely the place I would like to stay!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your experience at Grand Mercure Bangalore.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I am using this hotel in all my trips to Bangalore, after tring several others in Koramangala area.
It is the best place to come back after a long day of meetings and work.

I appreciate specially the kindness of all the staff.
As well the flexibility in the food, they can serve you non spicy food (your stomach needs for spices when you are not used).

Rooms are big and well equiped.
Try, you will repeat

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms close the the swimming pool are the most quite of all
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciation of our staff and we hope you enjoyed the non spicy food at our restaurant.

I will share your comments with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed at the Grand Mercure Hotel for 2 nights towards the end of October 2012. Nice hotel, good location, well-appointed rooms, good food but very bad attitude. I forgot my mobile phone charger in my room and realized it only after I came back home. When I called up the front desk, they told me that the charger had been found. If they were to courier it to me, they said, I will need to pay them courier charges.

Charging your customer to courier a mobile phone charger that he accidentally forgot? Odd, but I agreed. I asked them their bank account number so that I can transfer the money through internet. They refused, saying that the only option is credit card authorization. For that, I needed to fill up a form and send them scanned copies of the front-side and back-side of my credit card. I requested them to allow me the wireless transfer option, since the backside of the credit card is sensitive and private information. Not only did they refuse to give me an alternate option, they also insisted that till the time I don’t give them money (send them scanned copies and authorization form duly signed) they will not courier me my charger.

Sorry, but this attitude is unacceptable. I spent almost Rs25,000 for just 2 nights (including meals and airport transportation), and they could not spend a paltry sum to courier me my charger, knowing I made an honest mistake. I told them I will send them the scanned copies but it might take some time, since I am a very busy man and could scan only at home. I don’t like to scan private documents in office. The hotel did not budge.

Phone chargers are very important and we become very handicapped and the hotel front desk was worried about the courier charges? Ideally, the hotel should absorb the courier charges, as part of good customer service. Some years back, I had forgotten my phone charger at Taj Hotel, Nashik. They instantly couriered me the charger and DID NOT charge me a single penny. That is called customer service. To charge your customer for such paltry charges, and then not to trust your customer, speaks volumes of how much important Grand Mercure gives to its customers.

I had to finally request my friend in Bangalore to get my phone charger picked up from the hotel and courier it to me himself.

The hotel's bad attitude has left a sour taste in my mouth and was an unfortunate experience in an otherwise good stay in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the main road and children's park (beyond) are good, but all rooms appear to b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kayezad A
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Grand Mercure Bangalore.

Request you to accept our sincere apologies as we were unable to provide you with our bank account details to allow you to transfer the funds.

However we do keep our guests informed regarding their belongings being left at the Hotel and the charges applicable for having the items couriered to them. We request our guests for a credit card authorization as it is required for us as per the standing instructions from the bank and it becomes mandatory for us to complete these formalities.

I have taken a note of your feedback and will take the necessary measures to ensure that these incidents do not repeat in the future.

Regards