“Enjoyable 4 Night Stay”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #67 of 663 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Enjoyable 4 Night Stay”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Excellent and I hope to stay there again if I return. This is a very nice hotel with great amenities that allowed relaxing rest after hectic meetings. Hotel grounds and facilities offer many things to make you feel comfortable. The spa, workout room and pool are very nice although I do wish the pool was open later so it could be used after meetings, up to midnight.

• Stayed January 2013
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Clark,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback and for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice.

It is heartening to note your appreciative comments on the hotel. We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward.

we have noted your feedback regarding the Spa timings however we have to close the Spa as per the local Government timing regulations.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon and thank you again for your patronage.

Tejus Jose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
New Delhi/London
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of the city in a residential area. The rooms are good and are of decent size with balconies. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The cafe serves some amazing South Indian delicacies and is reasonably priced. There are tons of restaurants in walking distance. Used the gym - well equipped and very clean. It is perfect for a business trip.

Room Tip: I was quite taken aback that breakfast wasn't included in my stay. I had booked the room using a...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Bangalore and for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your overall stay in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 January 2013

A converted apartment block which has all the comforts of a premium hotel yet with the space of a home. Most rooms are suites with well appointed kitchens. It is my preferred choice whenever I am in Bangalore, being close to the city centre yet in a quiet residential lane away from the noise of traffic.

Their thin crust pizzas are excellent and if you are there on a Thursday morning they do a mean huevos rancheros.

My only complaint is the lack of a bottle opener in the room, and that Mercure as a brand does not keep any hair conditioner among the amenities. That apart the service is exemplary and the product great value.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the portico have the best views ( peaceful and green)
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, our thin crust Pizza's and the huevos rancheros. I have shared your comments with my team so that we can strive to better ourselves for our guests.

We have noted your feedback regarding the bottle opener & will look at various options to have this placed in the room.

Thank you once again. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Ismaning, Germany
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Great location, residential area, very quiet and no disturbance at all. Very clean property. Great rooms, superb baths. excellent staff, very friendly, competent and service oriented. In walking distance restaurants available, medical stores and doctors too. Very good restaurant with great food and service. Very good swimming pool, unfortunately the Indians do not really use the pool. We had the swimming pool for ourselves. Rooms are spacious, kitchens in the suites are perfect. We will definitely go to this Hotel if we travel to Bangalore again. Our visit was in Dec, 2012 for 5 nights and we enjoyed staying here. We recommend this Hotel to everyone.

The only negative is that the windows can not be opened for fresh air in the bed rooms. But the balcony door can be opened for the air.

We had dinners in the restaurant.

Room Tip: The property is exactly the way you see them on the Hotels Homepage.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Neel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Mercure Bangalore.

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is our clear goal to welcome our guests with the high level of standards, personalized service and facilities

We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback, and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have stayed here on two long business trips. The second was unexpected and I rang at 5.30am in the morning to check they had a room, turned up five minutes later after travelling for 22hrs and check in was a dream. They had all my details to hand I was in my room within ten minutes.

The rooms are light and airy, bed is soooooo comfortable and room service efficient. Food good. Any requests are attended to immediately, something which doesn't always happen in India! There was a problem with my laundry on one occasion which was immediately rectified and from then on the Laundry manager dealt with my laundry personally.
The staff are friendly and courteous without being over friendly. My only disappointment is there isnt a really comfy lounge to have a relaxing drink before dinner, but as I was always working this is a minor moan. I loved my stay and it made my business trips so much easier knowing I was coming back to Grand Mercure.

Room Tip: If you book in advance ask for a temple view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your taking time to review your stay experience at Grand Mercure Bangalore.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Our personalized service makes our guests feel comfortable & the feeling of "home away from home". I will share your comments with my team members which will serve as an encouragement.

I have noted your comments regarding the lounge for a drink & my Food & Beverage team is working on a small lounge area at the poolside restaurant.

Looking forward to welcome you once again.

Findhorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Quality of food is not that Gr8. Hotel is very uniquely loacted. Service was very courteous right from check-in. Room was very spacious. Hot water took almost 5mins to flow. That's a lot of water to waste before I could get Hot water for a shower. I ordered room service. The cook had no idea how to make Thai food. Room service was just about OK. Nothing to complain but requires training of room service staff. I forgot a cable in my room when i checked out. I promptly got a call as well as an email. That was something that does not happen always from the best of hotels.
I would always stay at this place. Nice and pleasent experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Pavan G
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Mr.Pavan,

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay & had a pleasant overall experience at Grand Mercure.

I have shared your feedback with our Head Ched and Food & Beverage manager regarding your concerns with In Room Dining services & food quality. They will be conducting trainings to ensure that we improve on both these aspects. Please be rest assured that we will be taking appropriate measures.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is a nice, new, modern hotel where everything works. The service is very good and staff courteous. The hotel location is pretty central as well. I used a tw-room apartment style room, and this can be highly recommended for families - cheaper than two individual rooms as well.
Finally, my return flight from Bangalore was in the night and the hotel very kindly extended my checkout to 5pm free of charge. This was done at my request and without any hesitation whatsoever. I am very impressed with this hotel.

Room Tip: Two-room apartments are cheaper than two individual rooms if travelling with family.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Asitades
Dear Mr.Asitades,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us & the facilities at the hotel.

I will share your feedback with my team which will serve as an encourgement.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.