“quiet part of town, wonderful beds, good service, good pool, shocking prices for food and drink”

Grand Mercure Bangalore
Ranked #66 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I stayed here for 4 months on a business assignment accompanied by my family (2 boys aged 1 and 4)

Overall we enjoyed our stay a lot, the staff try really hard and our room (a 3 bed suite) was really well equipped (except for the kitchen).

The best bits are the beds which are truly fabulous, the breakfast buffet, the location - which for me was perfect, a quiet upscale residential neighbourhood - the pool, the staff and the enormous (52") television!

The not so good - the food in the restaurant was too fussy, didn't change at all and was massively overpriced. the drinks likewise. Rats in the apartment (3) and occasionally slow to glacial response to non-standard problems (rats for example). Finally the pricing of the internet was also ridiculously expensive and they will charge you for every single device so if you are like me and have a work pc, a mac, a touch then you will get charged 3 times - personally I think this is one of the more disgraceful acts of larceny in modern times ;-)

Overall I would highly recommend the Mercure, staying in a hotel for 4 months is more than enough for anyone and I'm convinced if I had been in one of the other hotels (Leela anyone?) I would have thrown myself off the roof after 2 weeks.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Velorution,
Greetings and Apologies for the delayed response.
We thank you for taking out time and reviewing our hotel.
We are glad you liked the beds,breakfast, pool and the TV. We have revamped our menus and now offer a global cuisine in buffets for lunch and dinner and special black board menu for Sunday. We also offer 3 devices now in the package. We have adequately managed to keep the unwanted pests away by engaging in professional service to ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests. And yes, we have bicycles for hire, kids play zone with X box, elaborate Sunday brunch, movies on demand and many more added features.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The location is a bit difficult to find and local cabs do not know of the hotel. Not many amenities closeby.

Excellent and well furnished rooms, with all the little bits u will need. The quality of furnishings was five star. The bed was amazing.

Staff were reasonably helpful, but not great

The food and other amenities are overpriced and probably even higher than those of a 5 star hotel. A small sandwich was around INR 500 rs which is high compared to other Indian hotels.

The Spa service was reasonable but not great, and again overpriced.

Be weary that all rates do not show the tax of 12% odd... this is for meals as well as other services.

Overall a fantastic hotel and one I would return to everytime I return to Bangalore.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Dear Wasimmehr,
Greetings and apologies for the delayed response.
We thank you for taking out time and reviewing our hotel. We have made a note of your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Boston
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I agree with the previous posters. The Mercure is a comfortable hotel in Koramangala in the middle of an upscale, quiet residential neighborhood. I got a roomy one-bedroom suite. The bed and pillows were very comfortable - a nice treat after a long flight.

Here are the things I liked
- nice friendly staff - they will bend over backwards to accommodate your requests
- very nice restaurant with a good selection of dishes. Believe me, I ate at the restaurant everyday for breakfast (nice buffet), and around 14 times for dinner.
- the restaurant is very clean - at first I was very hesitant to eat the salads, cut fruit, etc. I experimented by eating a small bite and eventually grew to a plate full of papaya, melons, etc. This is nice because I was craving fruit after 2 weeks of eating hot cooked food. I didn't suffer however your mileage may vary. I live in the US but travel quite a bit so may be more immune (I doubt it) than I think I am. I saw other guests from the UK, Australia, and the US ordering drinks with ice cubes. That should be another good indicator.

The hotel is new and in an out-of-the way location. The auto-rickshaws may not know where to find the hotel. The hint is to tell them to bring you to the BDA Complex is Koramangala, then tell them to go to 12th Main in Block 3. If you are not that adventurous or you don't want to suck in the highly polluted air, the hotel can arrange a car with a driver for you for around RS600 for 2 hours (that is about US$15). Not bad.

This hotel has 126 extremely spacious, well equipped contemporary apartments, and offers first class facilities with WiFi, a gym, pool and spa with treatment rooms. Though the hotel looks compact ,it has more facilities on offer than what you would have at home.

It is perfectly placed for business and leisure and has on offer a value for money especially for longstays. I would call it a home away from Home for people who travel frequently.

The service is outstanding and the staff goes all out to make you feel at home. what more can you ask - home style food , personalised service , an impressive and exceptional hospitality.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank freqflyer1832
Dear freqflier1832,
Greetings!!
Thank you for sharing your views and comments. I shall share your positive impressions with my team.
I look forward to welcome you back.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My colleagues were concerned about the location (South-Eastern part of the city) but it did not take us more than 1 hour to get to the airport or to the office.
This hotel opened in early 2009 and has a nice warm and modern feel. The studio room does not look like the average hotel room, which is a good change!
Staff has been extremely friendly, smiling and helpful. We were also very happy to be given a room for 1 hour in the evening (after checking out in the morning) to refresh, since we had a red eye flight only at 2 a.m...not many hotels do this.
Bed is good, the only annoying thing is the noise in the room sometimes at night: for some reason I could hear the water down the pipes from other guests using their bathroom...the swimming pool looks very nice but I did not try it.
Restaurant is good value for money, and they have a nice selection of both Western and Indian dishes.
Would definitely go back and recommend!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Hotelier68
Dear Hotelier68,
Thank you for sharing your positive impressions with us.
I look forward to welcome you back.
Bangalore
Reviewed 10 February 2009

The newly opened Mercure Homestead Residences, Bangalore is located in an upmarket residential area ( Kormangala) within 5 km of major corporate businesses and IT parks. it is located close to the city centre, about 45 km from the airport.

• Liked — Absolutely comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank SarahBangalore
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice and for sharing your experience with us.

Our suite style rooms, facilities & dedicated team ensure that all our guests have a comfortable & great stay.

We await the opportunity of welcoming you once again to Grand Mercure Bangalore.

Kind Regards,
Tejus Jose
Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2009

A magnificient and relaxing holiday that we extended our stay! Beautiful laid out and good sized rooms. It had 2 bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchenette and a lounge room with a balcony. It was a fully serviced self contained appartment, which had the comfort of home and the added extra of hotel service. The room was serviced twice a day and was immaculately clean.We wanted to stay in instead of going sightseeing as it was so lovely.

The restaurant served a good variety of cuisine and nothing was impossible to cook. Had the best pasta dish and minestrone soup, a nice relief from the usual curry dishes. The staff in the restaurant were welcoming and knowlegeable.

The hotel staff were more than helpful and we also had the luxury of an assigned butler and chauffeur, who came to our rescue several times. The front office staff always chatted to us and asked how our day went. All the staff were very genuine. This not a natural occurrence in other hotels as you would just walk in and out of the hotel with little or no interaction with front office staff.
Staff were obviously happy to work beyond their call of duty and this I believe stems from the management staff of the Mercure. The management staff were very professional, friendly and eager to make our stay a memorable one, thus being good role models.

A wonderful group of staff providing incredible service I have never experienced in my years of travelling.We will defintely go back there to see our new friends at the Mercure.

• Liked — incredible service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank xavannd4
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Grand Mercure Bangalore as your accommodation choice and for sharing such a wonderful feedback with us.

We are delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and your recognition of our staff, in-room facilities, Food & Beverage and other services are appreciated by all of us. It is our constant endeavour to offer our discerning guests, experiences through our commitment to quality service.

We thank you for your patronage and hope that Grand Mercure Bangalore continues to remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Bangalore.

Kind Regards,