“Clean, Spacious, And Well-Equipped Apartments - Great For Extended Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stamford Residency

and 1 more site!
Stamford Residency
Ranked #194 of 793 Speciality Lodging in Bengaluru
Baltimore, Maryland
“Clean, Spacious, And Well-Equipped Apartments - Great For Extended Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed at Stamford Residency when on a six-week stint in Bangalore for business. As a woman travelling alone, my primary concerns were safety and accessibility. My stay at Stamford far exceeded expectations! I was very happy with the consistent level of service and professionalism displayed by members of the staff, all of whom truly made my stay a personal, comfortable, and enjoyable experience. More so than easily meeting international standards for extended stay accommodations, I found that the little touches put Stamford in a league above its class. For example, not only did my suite (a standard double occupancy) have a full kitchen with stove, microwave and a full set of dishes so I could make my own meals, they also offered an in-house dishwashing and laundry service. In fact, the staff even deliver groceries to your door should you wish to cook your own meals! For days when I did not cook, the 24-hour room service more than adequately met my needs. As a business traveller on extended stay abroad, having ready access to hygenically prepared meals is a huge benefit I cannot overstate. Other services include access to a fitness center and discounted spa services at nearby vendors. All in all, Stamford provides the amenities of an international hotel, with the personalized service and cost made possible only by a smaller operation. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Bangalore!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank SandyM23

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

As a Westerner, it is difficult to find a safe and comfortable long term residency in Bangalore. I stayed at the Stamford Residency in February for a business trip and it was a great experience.

Upon arrival, I was greeted with festive decorations for Valentine's Day and the staff was helpful and eager to get me checked into my room. The lobby, while small, includes a business center as well as a small cafe for refreshments and meals. There is full time security in the carpark area and there was always a staff member available in case anything was needed.

The room was spacious and had a separate bedroom and bathroom as well as a small balcony. The furniture was comfortable and stylish and there were flat screen TVs in the living room and bedroom. Two things to note are the cleanliness and the full kitchen. The room was extremely clean (which is difficult to find in Bangalore outside of a five-star hotel) with clean linens and near spotless bathroom. And yes, this room has a full kitchen which comes in handy during a long trip if you get tired of eating out or room service and want to make your own meal. On top of that, there were many food options since the hotel offers room service (with many Indian and Western food options) and also grocery delivery services which was extremely convenient on busy work days. The entry door to the room is a heavy-gauge steel door with multiple latching points so it gave me the added sense of security when I checked in for the night. The Wifi service was included and worked quite well during my stay.

The highlight of this hotel, however, is the people! Every time I came or went, I was always greeted with a smile and the hotel staff was extremely attentive and helpful, especially when I needed advice on transportation and dining options. Room service was prompt and the room was always kept clean by the cleaning staff.

All in, this is an excellent business hotel for long term stays! The rooms have all of the creature comforts that we Westerners take for granted and the hotel staff was top notch. I look forward to my next stay the next time I find myself in Bangalore for business.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank OSZ13
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Got a free trip to India to audit a supplier. This was my first time in India. Mixed business with pleasure and stretched my lodging allowance to stay 2 weeks with little out of pocket expense. Found this hotel near the supplier. At first I was worried the price may reflect the quality of the hotel. It turned out to be a great hotel if you don't care about having a swimming pool or outdoor patio cafe, or bar with live music.
The room was clean and the staff was friendly. I loved the well equipped kitchen, but why bother to cook when there were so many good restaurants nearby. The hotel reminded me of an Indian version of Marriotts Residence Inn but cheaper. I definitely recommend the hotel to my Indian friends in the US.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Po L
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

not every place is good for folks from out of town, esp in Bangalore... these guys made it easier esp since it was my first trip. stayed a couple times since and like it. much better than ***** up the street... Can't understand why there is a TV in every room with cable, but hey! i'm not complaining. accommodating cooking/ room service to down the spice level to something tasty. spacious and well kept... place was quiet and class service/ like price. But it aint a 5 star hotel - so no 5 green dots.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Vivek K
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I was a corporate client here along with my family (wife and child) for almost a month. Stayed in room 401.

Don't know why my company put me up here, instead of other places around.

Had to stay for a month on work with family, and was not the most pleasant experience.

Room service and room cleaning staff were below standards. Never cleaned the room or bathrooms properly.

Food was mediocre and poorly done.

Internet connection kept breaking, and generator was also not functioning many days.

My company could have hosted me in a Majestic Lodge instead - that was the level of service and facility.

Also, full of Indians - mostly from lower-middle class - so if you are coming from abroad, avoid this place, since the rooms can get very noisy at night.

Many loud and drunk Indian males staying in groups and plenty of young Indian ladies walking in and out of the place....

For the service and cost, could have done better...sometimes the entire building and room really smelled even though it had just been "cleaned".

Try and avoid. Staff don't care.

You can do better than this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank WFNCorp
serviceapartment, General Manager at Stamford Residency, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
We have verified our records and would like to confirm that this is a fictitious entry as we do not have any records of the so called Mr WFN Corp having stayed at Stamford Residency.

We understand as per his review he has stayed with us for one whole month when he was so dissatified with our facitlity and services, which is surprising as we know and respect that customers have a choice and could have moved out the very next day.

As we have no records and cannot verify the true identity of this Gentleman, our sincere request to him is to avoid maligning our Hotel and service standards, as we take customer feedback very seriously. 90% of all our Customers are repeat customers and overseas clients staying with us from few weeks to few years at a stretch. As other genuine reviews from real people indicate, Stamford Residency is their preferred choice every time they visit Bangalore.

Rgds
Neelesh Salian
Stamford Residency
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Spacious, clean, airy rooms, well appointed. Clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. Friendly, efficient management and staff led by Mr Neelesh. I stayed in a 1-BR and it was fantastic.

Feels like home with all the comforts one can reasonably expect at this price point. TVs in living and bedroom areas, High-speed WIFI, washing machine in each unit, refrigerator and stove-top with gas connection and cooking facilities, modular kitchen, drinking water filter equipment in each unit (Aquaguard), balconies in each unit, phones in living and bedroom, nice woodwork, premium fixtures in bathroom with hot water (of course), and 24 hour power back-up including for air-conditioners in both living and bedroom areas.

Not much more you can ask from a place - ideal for short-term and longer visits for individual and group travelers either on business or pleasure. Highly recommended - beats anything comparable around.

They also have competitive rates for long-term stays.

Mr Neelesh and staff are very, very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

A+. Highly recommended. Excellent experience.

PS Also, a great cook who serves up very tasty meals along with a complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Really, it's a great place.