“A place to chill out”

Angana Country Inn
Ranked #50 of 555 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
“A place to chill out”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We spent a very pleasant Sunday at this resort, about 35 km south of Bangalore in a very rural surrounding.

The property has 6 cottages for overnight stay, and is not very large in terms of walks or exploring . However, it has a nice "laid back" feel- ideal for unwinding and getting away from the crowds and noise.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Food is tasty, simple, and very much like at home.

If you are not looking for organized entertainment, you could spent the entire afternoon sitting in the lawns under the trees, having beer and listening to the birds.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Dear Sitara, it was really nice to be at Angana, and to spend a day with the Angana family! Communicating with you earlier regarding clarifications about my booking was also a pleasure - you had to fill in for the resort manager and provide me info - really appreciate that.

Angana is green and cozy as per my expectations. My daughter who turned 1 that day also was awed by the sound of leaves and chirping of birds. Every soul in the Haveli is helpful and smile-ful, and it just couldn't get better!

I am also a hardcore critique, and I look for ways I would have had things improved if I could. And looking into the Angana experience from this angle, I have a few thoughts:

The first floor room towards the kitchen is a bit noisy - there may be a big branch of a tree grazing against the roof tiles with wind, and it made it difficult for us to put the child to sleep. There is also noise from utensils being handled in the kitchen, and most surprisingly, noise from some heavy traffic on the adjoining road! I didn't expect to hear trucks and tractors from Angana! I agree, not much can be done about this part, but honestly I don't expect to hear sounds of civilization and urbanization when I choose to spend a weekend far away from them.

Then there were some unwritten rules and strictness we were made to face. It was tea-time towards afternoon, but my daughter had just slept. So we ordered tea for my father and I, and postponed my wife and mother's tea until later. Around 7 in the evening we asked for their tea, and were told that we have missed the tea slot, and therefore our tea would come for an extra charge!

Also the next day before leaving, we had requested a roti to be made for my daughter, in case she gets hungry on the way. Mr. Subramanian said no to this with a slightly strange reason - the breakfast cook doesn't do the work of a lunch cook!

One more thing - bare feet custom is well appreciated in the Haveli, and goes well with the culture, but during winters, when the floors are cold, may be you could keep some house flip-flops ready for the guest - just a suggestion.

Thank you for the wonderful hospitality!

Room Tip: Ground floor enter and right-side room for a tall royal cot. First floor right-side room for a floor...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank DpMukh
Reviewed 27 January 2014

lovely place to spend the weekend. proximity to the city is an advantage as it reduces the travel time. excellent service and good food. swimming pool has a charming feel to it.
cannot think of any negatives for this place :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Baks1710
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Just 30odd Kms for the city center, this is one of the earliest resort to come up. The standard has been maintained thoroughly over the years. fantastic food, the old world ambiance, courteous staff, there is nothing this place that does not meet your requirement. We went as a family of 8 and enjoyed the hospitality.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aravind1993
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Dear Mr.Subramaniam,

I actually took my own sweet time to replay back to you. I stayed on 18th Dec 2013 and that was my marriage anniversary and I am glad inform you that you and your team made it a very memorable one. Thank you very much...

I have stayed in many resort but the experience we I got in Angana was SUPERB. Friendly and polite staff, awesome homely type food, calm atmosphere, ethnic feeling, gardens / landscapes, pushkarni / kalyani type swimming pool etc etc etc makes Angana soo unique.

I would like ro recommend this property to all my family members, relatives, colleagues and friends.

All the best

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sudheendra_rao_kb
Reviewed 3 December 2013

First things first. - A big thank you to all the staff and the management of this place. I don't feel like calling this place as a resort/comfort inn or whatever, but would certainly like to call it my grandparent's house. After all, you don't feel like coming back home from your granny's house. Would you??? This is exactly how we (6 Adults & 2 kids) felt when the sun decided to hide from us on the 30th November evening.
Pros:
* Amazingly well maintained place - Plush green lawns, walkways with shrubs on both the sides blooming with flowers.
* Extremely courteous, friendly and helpful staff(should call them as extended family members)
* Good quality food
* Ambience - tall mature dense trees keeps most of the ground away from direct sunlight, feels very fresh even post noon.
* Neat and clean Facilities.
* Overall everything.
Cons:
* You'll not feel like getting out of this place. :-)
* You might get some mosquito bites early in the evening, but they do spray the pest control to avoid even that bit of inconvenience for people staying overnight I guess.

Feedback to the management:
* The shower in the Men's changing room next to the pool has to be mended or replaced. You cannot get your entire body wet with that equipment that's currently there.
* Pool could've been maintained a bit better, but we still enjoyed a good 3 hours in that, so it is clean, tends to get a little dirty towards the evening hence requires frequent cleaning.

This place is for:
A group of Friends or families who would want to spend some quality time with themselves in a quiet environment without thinking about anything else or just to do nothing(literally).

This place is not for:
Large corporate events and outings.
People who likes extreme adventure sports, etc.

My verdict / Suggestion:
We loved this place and will soon visit again. Do not hesitate to book this place if you are reading this review in tripadvisor to find a place for a peaceful get together with family or friends. You will not regret.

Thank You members of Angana. See you all soon. :-)

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank PrabhuPsarathy
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 14 August 2013

A quick plan to visit Angana for a day was wonderful. The first impression was so good. As if we are visiting Grandma's place. The Kalyani, the house and the rooms, everything was good. The bed on the floor concept was very good. We were relieved as our son is 8 months old will not fall off from the bed. The bathroom was also good except that the flush was leaking. We liked the concept of no TV and phone.

Liked the staff service. The kitchen was clean and the staff were very co-operative and helpful. They had planned for Idli and Vade for breakfast and my husband requested them to make poori and the wish was granted. Highly appreciable. The food was very simple and we ate guilt free (unlike other resorts, where there are lot of oily stuff and we do eat and then feel guilty :) ).

Kids were very comfortable as they were on their own exploring the places.

All in all a good experience.

Would recommend any for a day stay to this place.

Thank you all the staff for making our stay comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kiranaravind
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bengaluru
Holiday Village
#1 of 1 in Kanakapura
Eagle Ridge
Eagle Ridge
#74 of 555 in Bengaluru

Been to Angana Country Inn? Share your experiences!