See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Amazing location in central bangalore i.e. 5 mins walk from MG Road metro station, brigade road, St. marks road etc...very clean, friendly staff, decent wi fi..and also they let you check out 2 hours after your 24 hours period is over..its definitely the best hotel in central bangalore, considering the rate and location

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sreemoyee02
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Greetings from Sri Lakshmi Comforts, Bangalore.

We sincerely thank you for your valuable time and very positive review of our establishment. Your comment "its definitely the best hotel in central Bangalore, considering the rate and location..." is a valuable gift to us and has a distinct value for us as your's is 100th review of our lodging.
Staff and Management wants to thank you, all our fine guests for choosing us for their stay in Bangalore. We would like to see you again with us during your next visit to Bangalore.

Special thanks for Tripadvisor as well, for facilitating us to reach our guests across the globe....and helping our guests to know about us.....

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I really didn't enjoy my time spent in Bangalore and I think some of it is down to how uncomfortable I felt in this hotel.

The staff weren't very friendly and, as always, we're very 'starey.'

My bathroom was also very unclean with numerous bugs crawling around which then proceeded to climb under the gap into my bedroom.

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone travelling by themselves - but could serve well for a family just wanting a simple place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank roisinmm
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

We appreciate your time for posting this review on our establishment. It is disappointing to know that you did not enjoy your time spent in Bangalore. "I really didn't enjoy my time spent in Bangalore"
However, this part is beyond our control and hence would not like to comment on it. However, we are very sad about the issues you have mentioned about bathroom and unfriendly staff. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.
In spite of Management's best efforts to provide a clean room, linen, comfortable stay for our valued guests, few unfortunate incidents occur. We assure no effort will be spared to provide a clean and comfortable room to our fine guests.
It would have been more helpful to improve our quality of service if we had more information about unfriendly staff. Therefore, we request you to send a mail to us in this regard to take appropriate measures to improve the situation.
We sincerely apologize for the uncomfortable stay you experienced with us and would try our best to ensure that, it would not reoccur with any of our guests.....

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel on my visit to Bangalore with my son, from 6th July to 8th July 2013.
The booking was made over telephone some weeks prior to the visit. A couple of days before my trip I reconfirmed it over phone to make sure.
We got into to Bangalore on the 6th morning around 7.30 and took a cab to the hotel. Finding the place was a little difficult since the little lane that serves as the entrance is at the corner of Museum Road and M.G.Road but a phone call to the hotel sorted it out with the cabbie getting his bearings.
The property is tucked away in that lane so spotting it from the main road is not easy. However once we got there, things were pretty simple. Check in was quick and hassle free. The staff member was polite and helpful. I had originally booked an A/c double (on the 3rd floor) but he pointed out that it may be a waste since the weather was extremely pleasant. The A/c remote was handed over to him and the booking was altered to an ordinary double room.
I will list out the pros and cons of the hotel from my experience -

The Pros first -
1.The location is excellent. M.G.Road is just a few yards away. All the shops and eateries on Brigade Road and Church Street are only a few minutes away. The M.G.Road Metro station is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
2.The place is neat and tidy.
3.I found the members of the staff to be polite and helpful.
4.The restaurant located on the ground floor served good vegetarian fare at reasonable rates.
5.The room tariff was extremely attractive.

The Cons -
1.Our room (double ordinary) was very tiny with hardly any space to move around the double cot.
2.Housekeeping could be improved. The handle of the bathroom door (on the inside) had come off and had not been repaired before letting the room out to us. I brought it to the notice of the receptionist while leaving.
3.The small lane leading to the hotel gets cluttered with stuff during the day - a big signboard was being repaired and we had to pick our way around. Also loading/unloading of luggage can be a bit of a hassle.

Overall however, I would rate this experience of mine to be very good and would certainly recommend the hotel to folks. Just ask for the larger rooms though.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kskmenon
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear Menon,
We thank you for a very insightful review of our establishment. We are happy to know that you were happy staying with us and appreciate recommending our lodging for other guests. As you have rightly pointed first time visitors may get little confused about the location and therefore, we strongly suggest our guests to approach our hotel from Kumble Circle and find the third building from LIC building (Stone building). On the opposite site there is a ground and elevated metro track. The issue of inside handle of bathroom has been resolved and we want to thank you for bringing it to our notice. We make constant efforts to keep the lane clear of parked two wheeler etc., for smooth movement of our guests. However, the repair of signboard on the lane was a one time affair and we regret for the inconvenience caused to our guests during that time.
We look forward to seeing you again with us during your next visit to Bangalore and want to convey greetings from staff members.

with warm regards,
Shashidhar Karanth.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had booked a double room for a lengthy stay at Bangalore.I had my daughter with me and based on trip advisor recommendation i selected this hotel.Yes it exceeded my expectations in terms of cleanliness and prompt food service,laundry and location.Above all the staff are kind and courteous .They are helpful with any queries and do their best to assist.I would love to stay there again during my next visit.With Bangalore Metro done up it will be a choice location for any budget traveller. .Yes and excellent south indian breakfast and lunch! So thank you to all at Sri Lakshmi comforts !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SonthaPadma
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Padma Leela S,

We consider your review as a very special gift. The management and Staff want to thank you for this wonderful review of our establishment. Upendra wanted us to convey his special thanks to you. We are happy to know you enjoyed our South Indian Breakfast and Lunch (Veg). As you have rightly mentioned the metro rail starting few meters away from our lodging would be a great advantage once it is fully expanded to different parts of Bangalore. Right now the service is for relatively short distance. However, brisk test runs are being conducted with respect to other points in the city.
Before we conclude, we want to thank you again for your time in posting this review and look forward to see you and your family with us again during your next visit to Bangalore....

With warm regards,
Shashidhar Karanth

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This small hotel located just off M.G. road was so much more than we had expected. We booked online through their website without a problem & our double room was very clean & comfortable - so much so we ended up extending our stay in Bangalore a few more days.

Plus: clean, hot water/cable & wifi - super convenient locale & pleasant staff
Cons: none (but worth a mention that the attached restaurant is only open for breakfast/lunch)

• Stayed: June 2013
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Warm greetings from Sri Lakshmi Comforts, Bangalore and sincere thanks for this wonderful positive review of our establishment. Staff and Management are overwhelmed by some of your observations, like "After traveling a month in India we've yet to stay at a budget hotel as pleasant as Sri Lakshmi!" and after "Plus:" remark "Cons: None".....what else we can ask from you ?
Again you have rightly mentioned our restaurants cater only breakfast and lunch (pure South Indian dishes) and closes around 7.30 PM. However, as you know the lodging is surrounded by number of fine dining options within walking distance.
It was a pleasure having you with us and looking forward to seeing you again with us during your next visit to Bangalore (India).
Staff and Management wishes you all the best.

With warm regards,