“Friendly,comfortable,convenient,safe,clean and homely hotel with good food Good value for the money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sri Lakshmi Comforts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Sri Lakshmi Comforts
Ranked #145 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
halifax.canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Yet again I had a very pleasant stay in and out for 6 weeks in Sri Lakshmi comforts
I want to thank Mr.Sashidhar,Mr.Nagaraj for their kind gesture and friendship ,upendra for providing me a car for my travels,venketesh for driving me around Seshan and vignesh for their quick attention,Govinda & co for giving me mouth watering foods,all the suppliers who had served me and packed my lunches and all the rest of the hotel boys.

I hope to see you'll again next year god willing

Dr.(Mrs). Sarasa Muthu
Canada

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Dr. Sarasa Muthu,

As usual we are at a loss how to show our gratitude for this warm and touching communication. Each one of us individually want to convey our deep felt regard and wishes..... Incidentally, the pleasure was all ours hosting wonderful guest like you.

We always look forward to seeing you again with us during your next visits to Bangalore.

Once again sincere thanks from all of us and warm regards,

Shashidhar, Nagaraj, Upendra, Seshan, Vignesh, Govinda, Venkatesh and rest of us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The place is clean and quiet. The staff utterly courteous. They even helped me bargain with auto driver for fair price. I felt safe in the place since I was a single woman traveling. Noticed there were other women too. No unnecessary knocks on the door or uncomfortable conversations. Love this place. Will stay here next time I visit Bangalore.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Greetings from Sri Lakshmi Comforts Bangalore. We appreciate and thank you for your time in posting this positive review. We are happy you have noticed Management's efforts to provide safe and comfortable accommodation for families and single women guests. We are sure your review will help other new guests (single women and families) to reassure about the safety and comfort.

Once again thanks for your comment "I felt safe in the place since I was a single woman traveling. Noticed there were other women too. No unnecessary knocks on the door or uncomfortable conversations. ......"
It is always our pleasure to receive fine guests like you and look forward for your next visit to Bangalore and our lodging.

With warm regards,
Shashidhar Karanth
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

After a really bad experience with Rajmahal Hotel early this year, this hotel was a 'paradise' in comparison. The staffs though quite unfriendly but most definitely accommodating. Even though I booked two non AC double rooms, I was mistakenly given 2 AC rooms at the 3rd floor but the hotel still allowed my friends and I to stay but the AC remotes were taken away (fair enough) and we had to use the fans instead. I had the chance to enter and check out the non-AC room and the difference between the non AC and AC rooms was shocking! The AC room was equipped with plasma TV and pretty much has nicer interior than the non-AC. However, the non AC is not that bad and definitely worth the price you are paying.

And plus, the TV channels were plenty and interesting with loads of movie channels like HBO and Star World. So, that was fun after a very tiring day of exploring Bangalore. And location wise, the hotel's location is strategic. You can easily walk to MG road, the Commercial Street, Brigade Road and Hardrock Cafe. And plus, there's a prepaid auto booth nearby to the Metro train station which was very welcoming after being scammed by most of the auto drivers in our last trip to Bangalore.

I will definitely choose this hotel again for my future trips to Bangalore.

Room Tip: My advice is to look up on Bangalore's temperature before you decide whether to take AC or non A...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Greetings from Sri Lakshmi Comforts, Bangalore and we would like to thank you for posting this informative review about our establishment. We are sure other guests will be benefited by the information you have provided.
As you have mentioned most of the attraction of this Central Business District is within walking distance and auto rickshaw, metro train and taxis are easy to find here. We are very happy to read your comment " I will definitely choose this hotel again for my future trips to Bangalore."

Your Room Tip for other guests is very apt. :- My advice is to look up on Bangalore's temperature before you decide whether to take AC or non A...
Hope to see you again with us during your next visit to Bangalore....
With warm Regards,

Raghavendra Karanth
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Amazing location in central bangalore i.e. 5 mins walk from MG Road metro station, brigade road, St. marks road etc...very clean, friendly staff, decent wi fi..and also they let you check out 2 hours after your 24 hours period is over..its definitely the best hotel in central bangalore, considering the rate and location

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sreemoyee02
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Greetings from Sri Lakshmi Comforts, Bangalore.

We sincerely thank you for your valuable time and very positive review of our establishment. Your comment "its definitely the best hotel in central Bangalore, considering the rate and location..." is a valuable gift to us and has a distinct value for us as your's is 100th review of our lodging.
Staff and Management wants to thank you, all our fine guests for choosing us for their stay in Bangalore. We would like to see you again with us during your next visit to Bangalore.

Special thanks for Tripadvisor as well, for facilitating us to reach our guests across the globe....and helping our guests to know about us.....
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I really didn't enjoy my time spent in Bangalore and I think some of it is down to how uncomfortable I felt in this hotel.

The staff weren't very friendly and, as always, we're very 'starey.'

My bathroom was also very unclean with numerous bugs crawling around which then proceeded to climb under the gap into my bedroom.

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone travelling by themselves - but could serve well for a family just wanting a simple place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank roisinmm
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
We appreciate your time for posting this review on our establishment. It is disappointing to know that you did not enjoy your time spent in Bangalore. "I really didn't enjoy my time spent in Bangalore"
However, this part is beyond our control and hence would not like to comment on it. However, we are very sad about the issues you have mentioned about bathroom and unfriendly staff. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.
In spite of Management's best efforts to provide a clean room, linen, comfortable stay for our valued guests, few unfortunate incidents occur. We assure no effort will be spared to provide a clean and comfortable room to our fine guests.
It would have been more helpful to improve our quality of service if we had more information about unfriendly staff. Therefore, we request you to send a mail to us in this regard to take appropriate measures to improve the situation.
We sincerely apologize for the uncomfortable stay you experienced with us and would try our best to ensure that, it would not reoccur with any of our guests.....
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel on my visit to Bangalore with my son, from 6th July to 8th July 2013.
The booking was made over telephone some weeks prior to the visit. A couple of days before my trip I reconfirmed it over phone to make sure.
We got into to Bangalore on the 6th morning around 7.30 and took a cab to the hotel. Finding the place was a little difficult since the little lane that serves as the entrance is at the corner of Museum Road and M.G.Road but a phone call to the hotel sorted it out with the cabbie getting his bearings.
The property is tucked away in that lane so spotting it from the main road is not easy. However once we got there, things were pretty simple. Check in was quick and hassle free. The staff member was polite and helpful. I had originally booked an A/c double (on the 3rd floor) but he pointed out that it may be a waste since the weather was extremely pleasant. The A/c remote was handed over to him and the booking was altered to an ordinary double room.
I will list out the pros and cons of the hotel from my experience -

The Pros first -
1.The location is excellent. M.G.Road is just a few yards away. All the shops and eateries on Brigade Road and Church Street are only a few minutes away. The M.G.Road Metro station is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
2.The place is neat and tidy.
3.I found the members of the staff to be polite and helpful.
4.The restaurant located on the ground floor served good vegetarian fare at reasonable rates.
5.The room tariff was extremely attractive.

The Cons -
1.Our room (double ordinary) was very tiny with hardly any space to move around the double cot.
2.Housekeeping could be improved. The handle of the bathroom door (on the inside) had come off and had not been repaired before letting the room out to us. I brought it to the notice of the receptionist while leaving.
3.The small lane leading to the hotel gets cluttered with stuff during the day - a big signboard was being repaired and we had to pick our way around. Also loading/unloading of luggage can be a bit of a hassle.

Overall however, I would rate this experience of mine to be very good and would certainly recommend the hotel to folks. Just ask for the larger rooms though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kskmenon
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Menon,
We thank you for a very insightful review of our establishment. We are happy to know that you were happy staying with us and appreciate recommending our lodging for other guests. As you have rightly pointed first time visitors may get little confused about the location and therefore, we strongly suggest our guests to approach our hotel from Kumble Circle and find the third building from LIC building (Stone building). On the opposite site there is a ground and elevated metro track. The issue of inside handle of bathroom has been resolved and we want to thank you for bringing it to our notice. We make constant efforts to keep the lane clear of parked two wheeler etc., for smooth movement of our guests. However, the repair of signboard on the lane was a one time affair and we regret for the inconvenience caused to our guests during that time.
We look forward to seeing you again with us during your next visit to Bangalore and want to convey greetings from staff members.

with warm regards,
Shashidhar Karanth.
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had booked a double room for a lengthy stay at Bangalore.I had my daughter with me and based on trip advisor recommendation i selected this hotel.Yes it exceeded my expectations in terms of cleanliness and prompt food service,laundry and location.Above all the staff are kind and courteous .They are helpful with any queries and do their best to assist.I would love to stay there again during my next visit.With Bangalore Metro done up it will be a choice location for any budget traveller. .Yes and excellent south indian breakfast and lunch! So thank you to all at Sri Lakshmi comforts !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SonthaPadma
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Padma Leela S,

We consider your review as a very special gift. The management and Staff want to thank you for this wonderful review of our establishment. Upendra wanted us to convey his special thanks to you. We are happy to know you enjoyed our South Indian Breakfast and Lunch (Veg). As you have rightly mentioned the metro rail starting few meters away from our lodging would be a great advantage once it is fully expanded to different parts of Bangalore. Right now the service is for relatively short distance. However, brisk test runs are being conducted with respect to other points in the city.
Before we conclude, we want to thank you again for your time in posting this review and look forward to see you and your family with us again during your next visit to Bangalore....

With warm regards,