“Pathetic hotel and should avoid it at any cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pride Hotel

Ranked #43 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
London, United Kingdom
“Pathetic hotel and should avoid it at any cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Generally if you stay in a hotel for a night , the impression of the hotel is pretty good as you know you hardly have time to see anything or rather pay attention to. This one is an exception here. The service is pathetic, and the duty managers have one trick up their sleeve , they cant do something and they have issues , they will offer you free coffee or lunch which we declined as definitely it is not worth it even if free!!

Their staff makes up bills and when you cross check and ask they cannot trace back anything , the staff is rude and very very uncouth and i recommend this place should be avoided at any cost.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank amcbala
Gauravsharma123, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014

We sincerely applogise for the mess up during your stay at our hotel .

Your feedback has been communicated to the team and corrective steps are been taken up by the management of the hotel not to repeat such uneven service standards .

All of us at the hotel take pride in going that extra mile to create guest delight in each of our interactions.

The Pride Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Though there is choice of several hotels in Bangalore, planning to keep coming back here.
Pride is centrally located. Nearby to happening places of Bangalore.
-->Has a very good staff who have excellent hospitality. Their services is not less than 5 Star Hotel.
-->Amazing Rooms, really liked the Superior Room. It has all the services which any premium room has. Very good Layout, Spacious Rooms
-->Good and Clean Bathrooms.
-->The Staff ensures that i feel at home.
-->Food is great! Looking forward for more variety of food for In Room Service Menu. Try out for more varieties in Tandoor and Cocktails.
-->Travel Help desk has all types of transport services. Most importantly, their arrangements are excellent. Just a phone call away.

I would definitely recommend this hotel...Would surely come back!!!

USP:-
The service is outstanding , the attention to detail in making you feel welcome and at home - is making me go back again and again.

Room Tip: Try out the Superior Room. Its the perfect room. @Food: Try out the Continental Dishes. Its really...

Thank you for your excellent feedback about our hotel on on TripAdvisor!!!.

We are really thrilled to see that you liked everything about the hotel- be it the quality of the room, amenities used or the overall experience at the hotel.

We are delighted that The Pride Hotel will be your address whenever you are in Bangalore in the future and I personally look forward to the pleasure of meeting you during your next stay with us.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Excellent facilities, hospitality, specially front office staff - very warm and always prompt in response. Coffee park also very comfortable and food is great. They have another joint top floor called Puranda Daba - good north indian varieties are available.

Specially all the inhouse staff are very warmth and obiedient.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are very quieter specially on 4th floor
1 Thank Chandramouli A

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Pride Hotel is a hotel i normally stay in when I am in Bangalore- The last time i stayed here was 2 years back-- Unfortunately in those 2 year their standard seems to have dropped-- The first room I was put in had an extremely dirty toilet and the flush stopped working after one use.--- I had informed the hotel however no one bothered to come and fix it. Post informing the receptionist my room was changed thankfully to a better room, The following day at 12 the housekeeping just barged into the room saying housekeeping and entered my room while I was half naked. Its sad that they do not have the courtesy to check if guests are still in the room rather than assuming they would be empty. They were very lucky it was just me and not my wife who was in the room.

On to the breakfast--- Their food with the exception of the Vada and chutney and cornflakes seems to be all old and stale. The croissants and donuts are so hard that a table knife would need to be replaced with a stake knife to be able to cut through them. its kind of sad that the breakfast is poor as this is the first impression the hotel makes. Ironically the hotel does have good food if you do order room service. I really really hope that this changes .

If you do plan to spend more that 1 night at the hotel you will have a surprise where the receptionist will constantly bug you to clear any excess you have on your room prior to the start of the next day. Not too sure about the reasoning on this one but they seem desperate that we clear our dues asap .

Overall the hotel location is decent- but the hotel seems to have degraded over the past few years. The hotel can definitely use some touch ups.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank johneapen80
Gauravsharma123, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was booked in this hotel as I had to conduct a conference here. This was the first time that both my client and I were using this property. Though the hotel is in & close to the business district it was one of the worst places to stay. The staff seemed least bothered on everything and property seemed to be running on trainees.

The room that I got had a broken lock and would not auto lock. The door would shut and not lock. Housekeeping and maintenance had not checked this before ticking ok on the room number. Further the place has no TV channels other than some free religious channels and few local channels. After a hard day of work there is no opportunity to watch any tele and relax. When i bought this to the notice of the hotel they shared that they do not have the licence and hence only free unintelligible channels is what you can watch. When i made noise about it they said they will upgrade me and in that room the channels will come. On my query that if in the suite rooms the TV channels can come then why not here? I refused to move to an upgraded room and them moved me to a nearly room where at least the lock was working. All this took 3 hours and the new room too had pathetic reception - anyways I gave up. Next day in our conference which was to start at 9:00 am the hotel changed the room to a much smaller one that was earlier shown and promised. No arrangements were done and no staff was present. The client's staff and I had to run for an hour to get things going such as drinking water, power connections and getting the room cleaned.

I sent na written letter of complaint to the GM but he too was least bothered and rather the whole property reeked on complacency. Last day I had to book a cab back to airport and informed the font desk. I was told 1400/- for an Innova I said please book one. IN the evening no car had come, the staff had left for the day as her shift was over and she had not passé don the info. They charged me 1400/- toll 20 minutes to swipe the card another 20 min for a dirty smelly old swift desire was presented to me as my drop vehicle. This was the last straw and I am surely never ever going there. Bad stay, bad service, bad conference bad front desk service, bad food what else one wants bad from a hotel - aaah being overpriced! There are many hotels in that area same price 1000 times better - save your money time and energy book someplace else - would not be worse than this.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel, if you can !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Anirudh G

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice and warm and guest friendly. Some very efficient staff. House keeping and room service is excellent and very fast. Very cordial and excellent staff like Dolma who checked us in in no time. She's is very friendly and efficient and reliable. I wish her and this hotel and all the staff all the best wishes.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have been a very regular visitor to The pride hotel Bangalore when on business trip. The hotel location is very good so is the ambience. Overall a very good stay at the hotel. the food quality is fine.

Room Tip: A good hotel for Business and family stay
1 Thank ashwanikx36
Gauravsharma123, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014