Purple Lotus
US$52
US$143
US$87
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsub citylavelle roadboutique hotelwalking distancerooms are spaciousroom service isbrigade roadkitchenettelocalityfi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Though am a regular here, any one calling in gets only a standard answer that most expensive rooms are available and that all others are booked! it leaves a bad taste as I managed to get a room for much lower rate and with Full breakfast (rather than limited cold buffet).
Anyone wanting to stay here should first check multiple sites before booking or will feel cheated.
Good place but business practices including customer retention seems skewed...
Stay away if you have better choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank aylur
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

First, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and your return visits.

I am, however, very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction and I sincerely apologize for any issues with our room rates that you may have encountered. As a family owned/run boutique hotel, we are still getting adjusted to a consistent pricing model (based on seasonal demand). I assure you that we would not and have not ever told anyone that our cheaper rooms are booked if they are not. We pride ourselves in complete openness and clarity with our customers. Perhaps you tried to book while we were running a promotion during the months of December 10' through March 11' in which all of our cheaper rooms were booked. As you can can imagine, with only 20 rooms we have a very limited supply of the standard suites (8) and they tend to sell out the fastest.

I can assure you that our cheapest rates can always be found directly on our website. I also ask that you email me directly anytime you would like to make a booking in the future and I will make sure you are taken care of properly. Once again, I thank you for your loyalty, appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again at the Purple Lotus.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

My daughter and I had been traveling throughout India for 3 weeks. Both for work and leisure. This was, by far, the nicest hotel experience...even surpasing a resort on the beach! What stood out were two things: 1.Staff were so helpful and knowedgeable about the city. 2 The food was wonderful and fresh each day! In addition, the hotel has a professional business center/meeting area. The environment is peaceful, zen like. Wonderful pond and waterfall... open reception/dinning areas. Rooms are spotless and modern. We'll definitely be back. I'll use this for future business trips. Such a find!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your very positive review. I am so very thrilled to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. It is not often that one gets to travel with their kin for work & pleasure -- I am jealous! I travel try to travel to NYC every year to visit with my two sons.

Once again, thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon. Please do email me if we can arrange any travel or if you would like any tips on places to visit in the area!

Reviewed 4 April 2011

This hotel is perfect. The cleanliness, amenities and quality of a five star chain hotel, but with the individual touches and unique design of a family run boutique. A fantastic location and wonderful rooms. The staff were also extremely helpful. You'd pay a lot more for a lot less in 'western' brand hotels in Bangalore.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very nice comments. We truly appreciate reading such kind words from satisified clients. While we are on par (in terms of reviews) with many of the 5* resorts, we want to make clear that we aim to offer something different to our guests -- a personalized, clean, and comfortable stay, without breaking one's pocket book. Once again, we are glad you opted to stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Value for stay Hotel in the city centre with large cozy rooms with Balconies opening into the Garden city view. Near by to all the required shopping like Brigade Road, Cauvary Handicrafts MG road, Cricket stadium etc. Pamper yourself during leisure visit and get additional advantage by statying for more days.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Purple Lotus: "Exceptionally Outstanding"
Date: 11 NOV 2010
We booked this hotel for one weeklong stay in Bangalore mainly based on its
reputatin on TripAdvisor. And it is a unique little gem, really.

We have stayed at many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs.
Price-wise Purple Lotus is on par with these better-class hotels.
Yet, in ten years from now, I’m sure we will still fondly remember the vacation we had there.

It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this small family-run hotel.
The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home.
In the afternoon, the staff would bring out snacks and coffee for guests who had opted to spend the day in the shade of the palm trees in the little garden. At no charge.

Even my family, enjoyed those momenta at there best.
For the occasion they had prepared home-baked cake, snacks and a fantastically thoughtful gift.

This said, there is nothing wrong with the facilities.
The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good. The garden was brilliant and relaxing.

And as many people have written before.
Purple Lotus is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends.
Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your very positive and kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Having been open for just over a year now, we are very excited to read such positive feedback. We really try and strive to make each guest's stay a personalized experience.

I do hope you come back and see us soon!