“Australian Adventure”
Review of Purple Lotus

Purple Lotus
Ranked #36 of 607 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My friend and I travelled to Bangalore for a wedding and chose Purple Lotus. It was a fantastic hotel with great large size room and very helpful and magnificent staff. Loved the peaceful and serenity of the place. As it is a little secluded, would be a good idea to take a Map along, incase the taxi driver gets lost.
A fantastic experience..will definitely go with the whole family next time!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for submitting your review! I too hope you bring your family next time you visit Bangalore ; we can arrange some good city tours for you! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

The Purple Lotus is a beautiful space within the bustle of Bangalore, with attentive staff, comfortable beds, great showers, a tasty breakfast, stunning rooftop views, plentiful wi-fi, and even the occasional monkey or two. I stayed at PL with a wedding party for a week in December 2011 and found it to be one of the best hotels I've ever had the luck to visit, in terms of comfort, attention to detail, and price. Another perk--I'm a runner, and there is a quiet park nearby that was great for stretching the legs. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: All of the rooms I saw were wondeful; there's an elevator in the building, so steps aren't a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for submitting your review and for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I travelled to Bangalore on my own and was initially anxious about potential risks. However on my arrival and throughout my ten day stay at the hotel, the quality and standards of the the service and particularly the ambiance and location was perfect. The staff were impeccable and made me feel as if I was very important and on a daily basis checked that all my needs were being met.It was lovely to have the choice of having an Indian style breakfast. I found this so satisfying and reminiscent of my childhood. Access to shopping and local interests was all within walking distance from the hotel and I really valued the area that the hotel is located as it was in a quite road away from the busy and noisy city. I had it all, peace, sight seeing with the assistance of the hotel who provided their own air conditioned car and a driver with a lovable personality great restuarants near by and plenty of retail therapy. There is so much more but you have to experience the stay at the hotel as an individual as you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I had a choice of rooms and the one I settled for was lovely with excellent views. It was on the 4th...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank millsm2011

Thank you for submitting your review and for your kind words. We will make every effort to ensure all guests stay quiet late at night and I apologize for any noise caused by others. I am glad to hear, however, that you had a good stay. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 December 2011

My wife and I recently stayed @ the Purple Lotus. The hotel is in a great location with a short safe walk to great shopping and bars and restaurants. Mr Marvin the Manager was very helpful and organized a city tour for us and anything else we needed. The breakfast was simple but very nice. All in all it was a very plesant stay

Room Tip: Great value
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moniquedarren

Thank you for submitting your review and for your kind words. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Huge comfortable room, interiors are quite chic, very quite location tucked away in the corner of a little lane. Breakfast was excellent. Wish they kept a complimentary bottle of water in the room, polite staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for submitting your review and for your kind words. I will definitely make sure the staff keeps a bottle of water for guests upon arrival.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed at the Purple Lotus for a total of three nights in October 2011. The location is excellent. Quiet area down a side lane and within easy walking distance of MG Road and all shopping, restaurants etc. It made our stay in Bengaluru that much more enjoyable by being able to access everything easily on foot.

The rooms were functional, clean and airy. We had a problem with the aircon but that was fixed after a few tries. The phone was a problem as I was unable to make any calls to my agent's cell phone from the room and had to go downstairs to reception to make the calls. However I was able to receive calls in the room.

Melville, you were a great host, but I have to agree with some of the reviews regarding the breakfast. This was our fourth trip to India and we have stayed in hotels from 1 star to 5 star and found the breakfast varied, of course, with each hotel and for the level of your hotel it was not up to standard. We believe, as tourists, that breakfast is a very important part of our day as it usually has to last us until dinner time. The lack of choice in fresh fruit was very puzzling because there did not seem to be any shortage of fruit in Bengaluru and it would not have taken much more to prepare fresh juice instead of the processed stuff. What did save our breakfast experience was the wonderful Masala omelette that the chef provided for us each morning. We agreed that it was probably the best we had during our entire trip of 6 weeks through India. Without that omelette breakfast would have been dismal indeed. We were quite prepared to pay extra for a good breakfast.

We would be very happy to stay there again, even knowing now that a good breakfast will undoubtedly cost us some more money.

You promote a roof top restaurant, but there was nothing up there. No food setup, no service. We did order thali for lunch one day and waited the appropriate time and were served at a bare table with no "extras" to make the lunch comfortable. It was really quite strange.

We took advantage of your car to take us to the railway station. We have to tell you, that if you want to continue offering this service you need to (a) ensure that the car is clean - inside and out and (b) the driver is more pleasant and considerate of his passengers needs. The cost was acceptable, but the condition of the car and driver, was not.

The things that could do with fixing are minor things. We would definitely stay with Purple Lotus again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the positive and thorough review and feedback. I assure you that we take all suggestions very seriously and Melville and I will work on all the items you mention. I hope you come back to see us (and to see all your suggestions in action). Please email me directly the next time you are able to stay with us!

All the best,

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Contemporary, personal, quaint, peaceful, brilliantly located.....

Stayed for 2.5 months, stayed probably extended because we didnt want to leave the hotel. In all honesty couldnt have asked for more from a hotel.

The rooms are extremely large, and the pictures on the website dont do it justice.

The location is simply unbeatable..i think I already said that..

The staff is very courteous, accommodating, sincere and professional..

I stayed at a few hotels before I picked this one in the area...and if you are planning a trip to bangalore dont think twice about this place...

Thanks Melvill and the team..

Room Tip: Get the rooms ending with 3..
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jrisnik

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am so glad you decided to stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope to see you return soon!

All the best,