“One Of The Best”
Review of Purple Lotus

Purple Lotus
Ranked #35 of 587 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Purple Lotus is one of the 2 best hotels I stayed at in my 6 week trip to India. It is modern, boutique-like, with beautiful gardens, and rooms in many price ranges. My room was the least expensive but still had all the luxury amenities including spaciousness, impeccably clean, and wonderfully designed with many beautiful features. Newspapers were provided each day, and the breakfasts, which were included, were both a visual delight, and varied each day. I stayed an extra day just to pamper myself in a fine place.

Room Tip: no need- all the rooms seemed fabulous
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to share your experience with others. I am very happy to hear you had pleasurable stay with us. We hope that we can serve as your home away from home should you pass through Bangalore again!

There are newer reviews for Purple Lotus

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Purple Lotus is located on Lavelle Road (very close to MG Road, UB City and Cubbon Park) making it a convenient place to work from while in Bangalore.

I have stayed here on many occasions over the past 2 years and am impressed by the service. The rooms are spacious and clean. The terrace provides a very peaceful place to sit and work.

An ideal place to get back to after a hectic day around Bangalore. I'm still amazed at how quiet this place is even though it's located right in the middle of all the chaos!

1  Thank purrito

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Did you ever think of a relaxing stay in Bangalore? In Purple Lotus you can have this. The Hotel is off Lavelle Road on a small sideroad with dead end. This explains that it is so quiet, a rare thing in Bangalore! Very spacious modern rooms with stylish bath and shower. Best European Standard with fine bed linens and very comfortable beds.On all levels shaded airy sitting areas with a lovely breeze, on the ground floor next to a pretty Lotus Pond you get a Continental breakfast with fresh fruit, nice curds, Cereals, toast and egg dishes.Newspaper will be on your door every morning. The staff is most helpful and friendly.
The first time we stayed here after arriving late at the airport. The next time I stayed for business and also shopping.The new UB Mall with the many excellent Rooftop restaurants is almost next door, MG Road, Commercial Street and also Bus stand and Railway Station a short drive away. From now on this is our home in Bangalore and I will tell our friends to stay here.
The best place we ever stayed in Bangalore.

Room Tip: I stayed there twice, the rooms seem to be similar, also the basic room I had when I was by myself w...
1  Thank Sabine968

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a clean, quiet hotel in the middle of Bangalore. Walkable to MG Road and autos are easily caught to all locations. The staff was happy to answer our endless questions about restaurants and shopping and temples and everything else.

Breakfast was simple, but good enough. Don't expect Indian dishes. There are good restaurants within walking distance (MTR, Khushboo's, for example).

The showers had a little trouble maintaining a steady temperature, but it was tolerable. Room was quite spacious and clean.

Overall, a nice little hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank for staying with us for writing a review.

I apologize for the issue you had with temperature fluctuations with the water. I will have the maintenance staff look into it and rectify any problems. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Bangalore!

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Having read the reviews on here we booked a studio at Purple Lotus. It was the right choice. This place is really comfy. The studio had everything you wanted and more. The bathroom was very well equipped. There was reading lights, TV and Wifi and the room was very spacious.

Breakfast was served by a pond and mini waterfall. The complementary breakfast was western continental style, which suited us. Hot Indian breakfasts were available to order.

The location was good, right in the centre of Bangalore but in a quiet neighbourhood surrounded by hotels.

The airport pick up went well. Our driver was a very calm driver, which is just what you want after a long flight. I though the airport pick up charges were a little steep, though our flight did arrive in the middle of the night and I can't fault the service that the driver offered.

The staff here were very helpful. One slight negative was that the auto driver that was called by the receptionist to take us to the station was untrustworthy. He put our bags in the auto and then demanded about 150% more than the going rate (we weren't really in a position to bargain at that stage though we should have), he tried to take us on a tour of shops in the city despite the fact we had a train to catch and then when we tried to give him the fare he'd quoted at our destination he asked for an even bigger amount in US Dollars, which of course we refused - we couldn't give him it anyway because USD is not our home currency! I would implore the staff not to give this man business in the future.

Room Tip: The studios are really nice and spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank littlesaint

Thank you very much for the positive review and kind words.

I am sincerely sorry for the issue you had with the auto-driver; I believe the front desk staff just flagged one down from the street. I assure you that this will never happen again. Our guests safety and comfort is our #1 priority. I will be sure to research keep a list of reliable rickshaw driver's cell numbers so we can try and find someone close to the hotel.

We hope to see you again and thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is a very nice alternative to the chain hotels - well worth the very competitive and affordable price!

+ Location: very close to the main shopping street (MG?) with plenty of restaurants/stores close by. The quiet location off the main street is a nice plus

+ Staff: Friendly!

+ Rooms: very spacious and well-lighted/laid-out

+ Free Wifi: worked great on Days 1/2 and then it went on strike with 1-bar showing :-(

+-: Restaurant: (a) it is slow or rather slowwwwww (b) breakfast is very basic - sliced bread, some fruits and eggs and that's about it (c) lunch/dinner - the food quality is excellent though it takes ages for them to get your order and deliver. For some odd reason one can have wine (1 choice but surprisingly nice) but not beers :-( The restaurant ambiance is very nice with the pool/flowers and waterfall...the waterfall is nicer when it is turned off as it gets quite noisy

- Toiletries in the rooms are basic (1 soap, 1 shampoo etc) - and not replaced daily - no idea why as this is such a simple thing to fix. Same goes for not replenishing coffee/sugar etc. Similarly, unless you explicitly put up the "Clean my room" sign, the room does not get serviced

Overall, I wouldn't mind staying there again. If they could fix the room issues above and improve the restaurant speediness, this can be a great place!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us and providing us with feedback. As a family run boutique hotel, we take reviews very seriously and will work on all the items you mention.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

An amazingly done botique hotel at Lavelle road, this is a quaint peaceful and a very tastefully done place in the heart of Bangalore. I really liked the room 9036 in which I rated for 3 days . Everything is good about the place other than the dining , which is expensive and the breakfast very feeble - but one tends to overlook all this given the great staff, and well kept rooms. The toiletries are excellent I strongly recommend this place especially for medium to long stays. The humdrum of the city seems far away and since this place is tucked in a residential area that is a walking distance from the city centre, it's convenience is really a major differentiator.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but they do not give bottled water with the room so when I book ask for that
2  Thank Anirudh G

Thank you for the very positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff is supposed to keep a bottle of water in the room for guests upon check-in. I will be sure to make sure this is being implemented.

Look forward to seeing you again.