“Purple Lotus Hotel Bangalore India”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Purple Lotus

Purple Lotus
Ranked #36 of 553 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Bellport, New York
“Purple Lotus Hotel Bangalore India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Recently we had the great fortune of staying at the Purple Lotus. I've never been to Bangalore before, but I felt like I was home! The staff , headed up by Melvill Ross, were warm ,kind , and courteous as well as being thoughtful to our every need. The hotel itself is a gem that provides an oasis of quiet and solitude in the middle of vibrant Bangalore and is just minutes away from world class shopping and restaurants. I cannot wait to return "home". On a scale of 1 to 10 The Lotus gets an eleven! P.s. If you go ,check out the lotus ponds next to the dining area, they're absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a kitchen suite,you'll feel as if you're in your own apartment or condo.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Thai first
Patchogue, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The staff at the purple lotus went above and beyond to help make out stay so wonderful! Hope to be back again soon! The food was so well thought out and each meal was so beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Rooms were always clean and the cleanginf staff very accomodating. The front desk staff were extremely helpful. We loced walking around the neighborhood as the hotel was so conveniently located. Thank you again for a trip of a lifetime!

• Stayed October 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at Purple Lotus before and clearly it is now suffering from poor management whilst price remains comparatively high.. 1. Staff did not greet on arrival 2. All deserts on room service menu (2 pages worth) not available; one roll came with just filling and no wrap - I said I was not happy to pay for that - so they came and took the rest of the food away! 3. Single bed mattresses are un-sleepable - the mattress is such poor quality it slips of its base 4. I asked the 'manager' to change the dirty old chair and the mattresses but nothing was done and he did not respond to me until I went to find him 5. Returned after a day out and found room uncleaned - then to be told it was my fault because I had not requested the room to be cleaned. I was told the overall manager was not available and rarely visits. The day manager is just not experienced or capable of running what was once a nice hotel 6. The furniture and fittings have become chipped, stained and shabby. 7. The exact same limited breakfast was served by staff without basic English each day. Such a shame because was nice and is in good location

Room Tip: Chose another hotel within same price range and you will get better service for sure
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Hi there, I am the Managing Director and part owner of the Purple Lotus. First of all, I would like to send my sincerest apologies for your negative experience at our property. Each of the items you describe in your review are completely unacceptable and there are simply no excuses for your experience. I assure you this is an exception. I will certainly be sitting down with my staff and try and figure out who was on duty during your stay.

The Purple Lotus was built on the very land where myself and my family grew up. My sisters and I developed the property with the goal of replicating the same welcoming atmosphere that we had at our house for so many years. We have clearly failed in this instance and let you down. If you feel obliged, I would greatly appreciate you reaching out to me directly at my email address below or on our website and I will attempt to rectify the situation, get more details from you, and try make sure this never happens again going forward for any other guests.

Again, my apologies,

Berlin, Deutschland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed for four days and had a wonderful time. The hotel is located in a nice area with many restaurants, shops, etc. The building is most beautiful, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spacious, cosy and furnished in very good taste. We enjoyed every minute and would return to this place any time. If you are looking for a quiet accommodation in this busy city - you will not be mistaken here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Sandra -- Thank you for visiting us, all the way from Germany! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Pros--Great location, walking distance from UB city. Huge rooms, comfy bed, clean linen, polite staff, good wifi speed.
Cons --- Spartan breakfast spread, inexperienced staff, no complimentary bottled water which I found very stingy, the cost cutting is very obvious-- the electricity in my room had to be turned on by the staff every time I got back, apparently they turn off the room power from the mains every time the guest leaves the room, I had to wait 5 minutes for the staff to turn my room power back on. The wifi was also turned off and they had to switch it on from the outside when I wanted to use it. No harm cost cutting--wish they didn't make it seem so obvious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us. As a family owned boutique, we take all reviews very seriously. I will certainly address the power issue with the front desk staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reston, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Not going to ramble on. But very disappointed with reception service. No car to greet us. No second room ready. No car ready (in time) for early morning departure drop off....thus our teens missed thier flight....we lost all that $ plus had to rebook new flights.

You can argue.....but these were the facts.

Our first visit to Purple Lotus was exceptional. Our second, beyond disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank PENNYTHEBEAST
Hi Penny,

I do remember reading your initial review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your negative experience at our property. As a family owned boutique hotel we do try and make all guests feel welcome and try to ensure all facets of your stay are exceptional. We have clearly let you down and again, I send my apologies. There is nothing more stressful then sending your children to the airport, especially when traveling abroad. I can understand your frustration. We had a major turnover in our staff this past summer and have been trying tirelessly to find a reliable car service. If you feel alright with it, I would appreciate if you could reach out to me directly (email below) so I can attempt to rectify this for you.

Kampong Bahru Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Nice,clean and spacious rooms. The location is excellent. Even though it is in the heart of the city it is away from all the hustle&bustle. The breakfast area is really pretty with the waterfall and the small pond. The only drawback is the extremely expensive room service menu.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Varun -- thank you for staying with us all the way from Malaysia. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Managing Director/Owner