“A Diamond In The Rough”

Purple Lotus
Ranked #33 of 563 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
“A Diamond In The Rough”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I have been traveling to Bangalore now Bengaluroo over the past 10 years for work - I am the owner of a US-based software development company that now does a significant amount of work in India.

I typically stay in Bangalore for a couple of months in the year - all I look forward to when I get back from work in our Bangalore office is a clean room and a pleasant staff. I do not need the 6 overpriced restaurants or the 3 swimming pools - just a clean and quiet place!

I found Purple Lotus on my last visit and promptly booked out of The Oberoi - which I believe has 7 restaurants and 2 pools.

During my stay of 2 weeks, I met the owner of the Hotel (visits the premises everyday) who explained to me that most people in Bangalore do not know about the Hotel as it used to be a mansion of one of India's many freedom fighters - it is located in the heart of the city but can only be accessed through a private road.

I must also admit that they have an amazing private conference room that I I have on occasion, reserved for the entire day - making our team in the Bangalore office come into the city to work from the Hotel location :)

When I was checking out, I reserved the same room for my next visit in 4 months.

Its a great Hotel with an amazing staff, truly a diamond in the rough

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank robertclive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I have been in many different hotels all around the world but Purple Lotus remains my top choice whenever I go to India. I wish I could find hotels like Purple Lotus in other cities and countries I visit in my business and leisure trips.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank businesstraveller057
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed at the Purple Lotus in July. I believe that I was one of the first guests to stay at this brand new hotel. All I can say is WOW - this place is really very cool. There are waterfalls and lotus ponds throughout the premises. The staff is very attentive and friendly. The hotel is located in the middle of Bangalore -- we could walk to nightlife and shopping -- despite this central location it is actually suprisingly quiet.

We used the Purple Lotus as our jump off for a tour of South India. We spent a week in Bangalore site-seeing and shopping then left for two weeks on our tour (amazing temples in the south as well as the must-see backwaters of Kerala).

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends