Purple Lotus
US$100
US$81
US$76
US$67
Springs Hotel & Spa(Bengaluru)
US$53
Taj West End(Bengaluru)
US$317
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsub citylavelle roadboutique hotelwalking distancerooms are spaciousroom service isbrigade roadkitchenettelocalityfi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This small, independently run hotel is located in a quiet residential area near to good restaurants and shops. My wife & I were in Bengaluru to watch the cricket between India and Australia - the hotel was only 10 minutes walk away from the stadium - perfect.

The rooms are large, clean and well equipped. The breakfast/dining area is tranquil - with good "home-made" food.

All the staff were excellent and made our stay very comfortable and one to remember. It's nice to find such great customer service - it really makes a big difference. Well done to everyone at The Purple Lotus!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again!

- Krupa
Owner/Director

Reviewed 22 October 2010

We have landed up at this place at misery due to cancellation of one of the bookings at another big hotel due to some booking error. This has happened with me before also and I must say I had similar experience at Chennai also before, that time Taj was at there for our help and this time here at this establishment. To my surprise the hotel management send me a guide and a car to pick me up from the reception of the other hotel and I Stayed at this hotel with other family members and friends. Very modern and clean hotel by Indian standards and the hotel exceeded our expectations. Staff and management are very friendly and will go out of their ways to make your stay a memorable one. Service including breakfast was of a very high standard. The atmosphere in the hotel very soothing and relaxing. I think this should be a good choice after hectic business days when you travel to these places

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank FuriousJo
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The Purple Lotus is hidden away in the city ideally placed for my purposes - I was watching cricket at the local stadium - less than 10 minutes walk away. Less than 10 minutes in the opposite direction we found a shopping centre - UB City to compare with anything else I have seen in th world for quality - not size.
The main street MG Road was very close and everything else a rickshaw ride away.
The staff at PL were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. Food was readily available and a very high quality.
Enjoy your stay - I will be going back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Although I use this web site a lot I have never been moved to write a review until now.

A colleague and I spent eight nights at this wonderful establishment in October 2010.
We were seriously impressed with the quality of the rooms and the service was outstanding. Every member of staff bent over backwards to be of assistance. Melville, Lolita, Mujathan and especially Kieran went above and beyond the call of duty. For example, we spent two fruitless hours searching the city for tonic water as we are partial to a G&T in the evening. On returning to the hotel we explained our plight. No problem they said. Within twenty minutes they had sourced a plentiful supply. A worse scenario confronted us when the local government declared a 24 hour, city wide, alcohol ban. The hotel assured us they could obtain further supplies of gin through army contacts but we managed to eke out our existing supply. Another example of their superb service. We had arranged a trip to Mysore with a local driver. He failed to turn up despite the hotel staff calling him several times. They arranged an alternative driver, at a very reasonable price, and within thirty minutes we were on our way.

The rooms were spacious with oodles of storage space, the bed was comforable, the air condtioning efficient. Getting the water temperature from the shower right was a bit of a challenge but with a little perseverance we managed to master that.. No bath, but as a shower person that was of little concern. There is free wifi but we didn't take a laptop. However, they have a computer in a common area reserved for guests' use. Each floor has areas where you can sit out and relax. The roof top terrace has good views but they do charge a premium if you want to dine there
There is no restaurant but we ate at the hotel several times courtesy of their 'take away' arrangement with a local restaurant. The food was excellent and appeared within thirty minutes of placing an order. Again it was reasonably priced. The inclusive breaktfast was limited to cereals, toast, tea and coffee. But, for a small additional charge you could order eggs or what we particularly liked, Masala Dosas. The lady who prepares the food is a treasure, unfortunately we didn't get her name. There is no bar but beer and local wine (untried) were available from the mini bar. We went armed with an ample amount of duty free gin and the hotel were only to happy to supply endless quantities of ice and fresh limes.
The hotel is in a great location. We were there for the India v Australia test match and the ground is only a ten minute walk. There are lots of well know restaurants such as Koshy and Tandoor within walking distance as is Hard Rock Cafe. UB City, with its plethora of eateries, is literally round the corner. On the way to UB City is the Fish Spa. It's an interesting experience having the Doctor fish nibbling away at you feet!

In summary we have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel as the place to stay if you are visiting Bangalore.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fullerabroad
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Once more my colleague and I picked the Purple Lotus for our business trip to Bangalore late August 2010. Few hotels can maintain a consistent level of service and commitment like Purple Lotus can. It is just the perfect hotel. We would not consider any other property (in the corporate allowed price range) for our stays in Bangalore unless the Purple Lotus would be fully booked.

Just to give a simple example of customer service, when asking for a hearty omelet with sausage and breakfast potatoes..the hotel staff went out of their way to make sure they had these items available for breakfast the next day...Note that these items are normally not on the menu. Try to beat that...

The only comment for improvement would be to ensure the water temperature in the shower is consistent. It can fluctuate quite heavily.

In case the Purple Lotus management reads this...I'd like to add a suggestion...consider putting in a jacuzzi (that is in line with your ecological awareness policies) on the terrace...it would make the Bangalore skyline an even more unbelievable experience...

We look forward to our next stay...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business