“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #36 of 553 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Turkey
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 20 February 2011

My friend and I are currently staying at the Purple Lotus. We arrived in Bangalore for a conference which we thought would be close to the city center-well we were wrong. We stayed for 1 night at the conference center --that night I contacted the Purple Lotus to see if any rooms were available for the rest of our stay. Luckily there were and Mr. Mevill emailed me straight away and offered a great price. He saved us from the unfortunate place we were staying in, so I thank him a million times. From the moment we arrived the next day we have had 5 star service from the staff. We are staying in the Lotus apartment room that comes with a kitchenette. Lovely room--very clean and modern with nice LCD tv and many many channels to choose from. All of the front desk staff have been very helpful. Breakfast is fine and if you want to order more its very good as well. Today my friend and I are getting massages from the hotel spa, will add more later. Location is close to everything. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone that wants a modern, clean, friendly staff and good location. Excellent hotel--Excellent Staff--Thank you Mr. Mevill and front desk staff you are all very kind!!! Hope to visit again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Particularly elegant boutique hotel. Close to busy MG Road yet very
serene. Staff helpful and friendly; ably assisted my daughter with
sari. Rooms very large and comfortable. Indian breakfast scrumptious.
Magnificent rooftop dinner was the highlight of our hotel stay. A
quiet haven in an exciting, but hectic and congested city.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Positives - cool little hotel. Reminds me of one of the little boutiques on South Beach. Rooms are large and have a microwave. The yoga room was great for a tempo workout. Lolita is adorable :-). A short walk from UBCity, Hard Rock and Brigade Rd.

Negatives - packs of dogs outside every nighht bark and fight. A/C broke one night. Safe rarely opens. Door required slamming with shoulder to open, breakfast is abysmal, no real restaurant on site. The Indian food they make is not for the western traveller. Cable was out for 2 days and service in the room and at breakfast were disappointing.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Hi William,

Thank you for your contribution and comments. As a family owned/run boutique hotel, we do appreciate all feedback (both positive and negative).

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. While it is certainly not easy for us to control the street dogs outside our facility, I will ensure that night watchman regularly tries to keep them off our street so it will not bother guests.

We will also look into the safe & door from the room you stayed. I assure you that this, the AC and the cable are not regular occurrences. We do keep a maintenance personnel on site to address such issues, but unfortunately Indian bureaucracy rears its ugly head when dealing with outside service repair vendors.

In any event, we would like to rectify this situation for you (albeit retroactively). Please email me directly and we will see if we can work something out for you.

krupa@purplelotus.in
Owner/Managing Director
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Purple Lotus is an absolutely great place to stay! When my husband and I moved to Bangalore we stayed there for 2 1/2 months until we found our permanent apartment.
The owner, her friend and the whole team at Purple Lotus are just great. They were very, very nice, friendly and helpful.
The location is perfect. It is in the center of the city. It is located at a dead end road - so a very quiet place to stay. Restaurants, Shops etc. are very much close by.
It is very nicely build - very modern and perfectly clean!
The roof top has an awesome view to UB City. Just great!
It was sad for me when we had to move out of there. I still go there, just to say "hi".......
Thanks to the whole Purple Lotus Team for taking so much care of us!!!
Simone

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
krupashivarthy, Owner at Purple Lotus, responded to this review, 25 January 2011
Thank you so much for your very kind words. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit to our city.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I had such an immersive experience of the famed hospitality of the
Indian hotel industry at Purple Lotus that I simply had to write in!
Everyone there really puts in their best effort to make you feel
warmly welcomed, so that you immediately experience that comfort zone
which travellers look for. Also, the superb architecture and stylish
interiors give you a resort-like experience right in the centre of
town with its calm water bodies and open spaces. Outstanding!
I already had a great price of Rs3500/- for one week's stay on an early bird book in, but with an inherent love of the great bargain asked for a further
discount on check out...I don't know whether it was my friendly smile
or sheer cheek that did it, but my room was further discounted - and
with absolute courtesy too! These people are very upfront and go that
extra ten miles for their guests in every which way. In fact, I would
actually be very surprised to find any bad reviews on them. My hotel
of choice any and every single time when in Bangalore!

• Stayed December 2010
I am very happy to read your fabulous review. As a boutique hotel, we attempt to provide a personal service that cannot be achieved at larger chains. Once again, I am glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 January 2011

The blend of spectacular service & friendliness of the staff, the unique design and its quiet location make this hotel a fantastic choice for a stay in Bangalore. The few services a small hotel cannot offer compared to a huge 5* hotel "factory" are easily offset by the personal care and dedication of the staff. Again, anytime - hopefully soon!

• Stayed January 2011
Thank you for your positive response. It satisfied customers like yourself that keep us going! Our staff takes great pride in hearing about positive feedback.

Berlin , Germany
Reviewed 8 January 2011

we stayed new year´s eve at the Purple Lotus. It´s actually a good hotel, very quiet, located in a dead end road, modern furnished, very clean, nice staff taking care, well located in Bangalore within walking distance to MG Road, price-service relation very much acceptable, all in all a good choice to stay in Bangalore

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple