“Clean, friendly & bright uniforms”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru
Ranked #34 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
London, England, United Kingdom
“Clean, friendly & bright uniforms”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

As a Wipro employee from the UK, I wanted a hotel close to the campus. This place is minutes away. The hotel is very clean, the staff incredibly friendly and unlike most hotels in India it is bright, with light bulbs that actually light up the room.

The buffet and chinese restaurants serve tasty food, and the prices are reasonable. Now in Chennai staying at the much more expensive Fortune Palm and miss the Lemon Tree.

I think the Lemon Tree is a brilliant hotel if you are Wipro overseas/Indian employee, who does not want to stay at the Guest House.

To the front desk 'Trainee' - keep up the good work, and get a User ID for the computer !!

Only improvements I can think of, is that the front desk has 6 people at the quiet times, and 1 when you want to check out. This needs to be sorted. Also, lets have free broadband too - this is not a luxury anymore!!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th floor. I think anywhere is fine.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Overall the service had been good.a bit delay in providing office transfers and the tv has v few channels to surf.food is good and the support staff is really good especially Gautam H.K who was nice in hospitality and proved to be a good cleanliness staff.

• Stayed September 2012
Delhi
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Very nice and clean Hotel and the best part is service, I stayed here during a period when the hotel was almost full and still the service were excellent ... Even during the peak times , the house keeping staff managed to provide the service flawlessly.... Nicely managed
by the manager Bipendra, will meet up ones m back to Bangalore...............

Room Tip: Incredible Service
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Pune, India
Reviewed 15 September 2012

've been working in hospitality industry in the last 17 years, and yet this little 'home' where all the staff know who you are is the one that show me what the 'hospitality' is.

All the staff have an excellent way to communicate among each other, they greet you by name wherever you are and whoever they are.

My special regards to Mr. Verma, Chef Sachin, Mr. Cannan & Reception team for making my stay such wonderful...

Room Tip: This is it
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I like the service from house keeping and cafe....I must appreciate Gautam H.K, Gaurav and Bharat. They are very cooperative and like the courtesy of staff here. I like the hotel pool and spa...the front desk ESP. Sebasty is very kind person who everytime assist me regarding everything regarding hotel or tourism here....whenever I visit Bangalore, I stay at lemontree hotels

Cheers,
Juzar

• Stayed September 2012
Bangalore
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We have arranged accommodation for our Clients for their stay in Bangalore.they are quite happy with accommodation and other facilities.

We would like to thank Mr.Kapil Raina & team for excellent coordination.

We strongly recommend this hotel.

Chennai
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I had used this hotel for stay and conference around a year ago and enjoyed the experience. Therefore when another client wanted my workshop, I recommended Lemon Tree as a good venue.

My earlier experience had been good. The green and yellow colour combination standard to the Lemon Tree chain, gives a feeling of lime-associated freshness. The rooms are spacious and comfortably furnished, and the conference hall is among the best that I have used, with its space, bright lighting, and high ceiling. The banquet area is also partitioned away from the lobby and common area, and this insulates conference participants from noise and disturbance.

This time however, my experience was different. It was a weekend and I realised to my dismay that this hotel is oriented entirely to the Electronics City IT crowd during the weekdays. And because most of the IT crowd go away from Electronics City over the weekend, the hotel is pathetically ill equipped to handle customers on Saturdays and Sundays.

For one, there was a glaring shortage of staff. During lunch food ran out, and refilling took time as there was only one person to handle the service. Secondly, the dinner buffet was trimmed down with an apologetic spread that clearly included at least one dish from the breakfast menu that had been reheated and served. It was stale. When I asked the restaurant staff why the menu was so meagre and miserly I was told that this was the weekend menu and was accordingly priced lower.

A guest staying in a hotel away from home, expects fresh and wholesome food irrespective of whether it is a weekday or weekend.

The overall standards seem to have deteriorated. The bed linen was not clean enough for comfort and the quality of towels in the bathroom were poor. The AC seems to have been switched off or turned down sometime during the night and I got up feeling uncomfortably warm, and with a headache.

I get the feeling that the attempt to cut costs and minimalist weekend service is undoing the image of freshness and value for money that the Lemon Tree chain initially projected. They have a good concept and have achieved positive visibility over the past few years. They would do well to optimise the brand through competent management and consistent customer service.

I for one, would not be able to recommend Lemon Tree Bangalore to another client with the same confidence that I had earlier.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru. We are delighted that you have enjoyed the room and conference size and facilities at this hotel.

May I apologize for parts of your experience, on this occasion, not meeting your expectations fully.

We have studied the issues mentioned by you and are relooking at our processes so that our guests can have a more comfortable stay with us. Specifically,
• Buffet variety and freshness: we have a continuous process to review the variety and quality of the buffet and make changes as often as possible. We apologize for what you experienced on this visit and have worked on improving the same.
• Quality of linen: we make every attempt to ensure our linen is well laundered and maintained with a specific focus on whiteness and a fresh smell. We apologize for the experience you had on this visit and have since rectified the problem
• Air-conditioning: the AC temperature through the hotel is maintained at a comfortable 22-24 degrees (depending on the ambient temperature). There may have been a problem during your stay and we have since fixed the same.
• Overall weekend service: though our occupancy on weekends is a little lower than week days, this hotel has a number of longstayers who stay with us through the weekend. It is important for the brand to ensure consumers get the same wonderful, fresh and memorable experience on every day of the week. We will work on improving all the points you have mentioned.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you at Lemon Tree and to have you be our brand ambassador, once again. Do email me at mukesh.verma@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally and ensure that you will be delighted this time.

With best regards,