“Lemony Experience! ”

Ranked #33 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Lemony Experience! ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Banglore in the first week of July for a business visit and was suggested to stay in Lemon Tree by my clients.

As I arrived in the hotel in the evening it was around 11.30pm it was a nice lemony fragrance to welcome me and it just put me off the tiresome long journey from Mumbai to Banglore. The people at reception were very kind and quickly they allocated my room. I enquired about the Internet facilities to me it sounded a bit expensive than the usual rates at hotels.
The rooms were absolutely grand. They were well maintained clean and tidy.

The kitchen was open 24*7 and food ordered was delicious (Try the chicken shorba, mix meat fried rice to name a few).

The breakfast was complimentary buffet and it was mouth watering. There was more of a American style buffet with varieties of sausages, bacon's, assorted bakery items and breads and milkshakes specially mango and strawberry(they serve know small bottles which is very eye catching).
I recommend you should try the pancakes(even if you are not a great pancake fan)i absolutely loved them; I also asked them to pass on my message to the chef and they were very happy about it! The Indian style breakfast included idlis(not really the best I have eaten, they cud have been better!)

The hotel staff were very warm and helpful they make you feel like home. I had no issues at the time of checking out. Infact I had left the baggage at the hotel after I checked out and picked it on my way to the airport later.

I had a very nice stay and will look forward to come there again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel Electronics City, Bangalore. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

We sincerely thank you for appreciating our people and services specially Gowarmma. This should definitely help in lifting the spirit and work towards serving better every new day.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.ec@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel is very refreshing and comfortable. Rooms are neat and tidy with prompt service. Breakfast is good. The staff is polite and courteous and take in to consideration customised requests (would like to mention house keeping perosn, Gautam Bhanja). Good Job!!

1 Thank nsaras
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for appreciating our people and services specially Gautham. This should definitely help in lifting the spirit and work towards serving better every new day.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I would like say about the guy at the main entrance, his name is Hemanth. He is amazing, good person, always with a smile, neat dressed, professional. I appreciate his dedication for the job ad always greets with a smile. He deserves the service that he provides. Otherwise house keeping, breakfast and food everything is good.
AWESOME.

Room Tip: good rooms
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for appreciating our people and services specially Hemant. This should definitely help in lifting the spirit and work towards serving better every new day.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel stay was good and comfortable. Breakfast was also good and tasty. Good options. But needs heavy improvement on the side of servicing. People at reception don't speak good English as a result have to tell them everything twice. Very bad servicing in the reception. The girl at the reception gave me a bill charging for the rooms I had stayed, which I had already paid through cleartrip.com. She dint even check before giving me the bill. When I asked why I am billed for a room which I have already paid, she simply took back the bill and tore it. She was attending to 3 different people at one point of time. Was charged for a local telephone call. When I told them I did not call anyone, they dint believe me. Why would anybody use a landline when they carry their mobiles. Unbelievable. Internet is very expensive and the amount of tax they charge for every service is huge. I have been to so many hotels, but I feel Lemon tree is charging for every small service way too much + additional taxes. Also i requested for the bill to be ready a day before checking-out, on the day of check-out. They started doing only after i came down and was standing in the reception.
This is second time its happening in the same hotel, last time i almost missed my flight because of the dely in billing. Also people in the reception have an attitude while communicating, they try to argue more than explain why certain things are done in certain way. My very good stay was spoilt by this last day experience. Because of all this confusion they dint charge me for the cab on last day but that doesn't compensate the mistake done during billing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru. I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your current stay with us.

There were a number of Check-outs happening at the same time as yours and thus our Front Office executive mistakenly presented you the invoice that had already been remitted. It was a human error. We are sorry you were inconvenienced and delayed because of this. Post your feedback we have re-briefed and retrained our Front Office staff to be extra careful in handling guest information and to follow all predefined procedures so as to ensure the Check-out process is speedy and efficient.
We also apologize for the delay in billing the extras. We are relooking at our current processes to handle this better in the future.

Re the cost of Wifi services, I would like to inform you that while while in-room guests can avail 60 minutes free WiFi per day throughout their stay with us we do levy a nominal charge for all usage above this as our internet services have been outsourced to a nationally reputed service provider and try to recover our basic administrative costs by this. The reason we do not provide in-room net access complimentary 24x7 in all our packages and travel agent special rates, is because we would then have to recover the cost equally from the room rate of all our guests rather than only actual users (currently ~60% of our guests) which we felt would be inherently unfair to those not using these services.

We however offer free Internet services in our business center 24X7 for the benefit of our guests. Currently, we are also offering Free WiFi 24X7 to all guests who book to stay with us through our website lemontreehotels.com at any of the 25 hotels that we have in 15 cities across India.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.ec@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It is hard to explain the way we are welcomed and i am amazed with the polite & sincere response. Amezing service from Housekeeping staffs with beautiful decorations with available means.Good collection of movices, Wifi facilities, nice pool and food.
Special thanks to Yash (didn't remember complete name) for superb support and service.

Thanks Budies :)
Bishwajit Choudhary

Room Tip: Higher floors keep you close to pool & Gym

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Pooja and Ravi (didn't remember complete name), good response from housekeeping.
Good hospitality.
Nice Restaurant staff.

They can provide ALL DAY wifi with limited internet access and VPN Connectivity as all the guests may not be with laptop and wifi devices.

Also should have a specific billing criteria for corporate offers ... (like 24 hrs checkout which suits business requirements)

delhi
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Whenever I come back to the hotel I am pleased with the warm welcome. Staff at the coffee shop and housekeeping know me and my preferences. Even the head chef and his team make an effort to meet and serve my favourite food as I like it. All the f&b executives meet greet and serve with impeccable warmth. The housekeeping team especially the tailor Gowarmma who is especially helpful go out of their way to help and deliver good customer service

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 25 June 2014