“A plush oasis of calm in the bustling city”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #23 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My second visit here for business, and although my first visit was 6 months ago, it was pleasant to see familiar faces and also surprising that the staff recognised me from my previous visit! Given I was staying for two weeks, the staff, especially the Welcom Divas made certain I was looked after. The hotel has so much choice that I never bothered to eat outside the hotel. Overall a lot of care has gone into ensuring this hotel provides a flawless service to guests. I was lucky to get upgraded to one of the ITC One suites, on a special floor for female business travellers. The pool is lovely, but I was only able to enjoy it during the weekend, because it is only open until 8pm. A lovely oasis, I'm looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel! Especially if staying more than 10 days.
There are newer reviews for ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

Reviewed 14 July 2011

I cheked in the hotel around 1:30 AM and it was all mess at ITC side. They didn't have correct details of booking as my middle name was changed and the company information were all wrong. Finally they corrected it and we checked in.

I was told that loundry for 4 cloths were complementory and before checked out they added a INR 1270 in my bill and when I borught this into their notice, they corrected it.

Apart from these two episodes room was very clean and good, view from the room was spectacular, food was good though I had only breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
ITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear Guest,

At the outset please allow us to apologise on the inconvinience caused during your recent stay.

This certainly is an abberation & is not reflective of our services.

Your stays in future will steer clear from your recent experience , rest assured.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru soon.

Warm Regards,
Management ITC Gardenia

Reviewed 28 June 2011

The ambience of the hotel has been amazing. The service is not very friendly and the inclusions have not been very convenient for business travel. They do not provide free internet for guests. In current day world internet is a necessity than comfort. The food has been fairly good.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

As a frequent business traveler, I can say this was the worst hotel experience for the price that I’ve ever had. My room rate was INR13,400 (US$300) and yet the service was terrible. I ordered room service 3 times during my stay and each time the food was late or my order was incorrect (also, they didn’t have O.J. which seems odd for a 5-star hotel). Their transport desk (to call for taxis/car services) is very corrupt. I asked to call me a taxi to take me to a meeting, to which they replied it would be 30 min (to get a cab in central Bangalore???) but I could use their car service for INR700, only to discover they posted to my bill a price double that because it was a “round trip” (which I never requested). The next day when I requested a car to the airport, they posted to my room bill a charge 25% more than the ride from the airport to the hotel and yet when questioned the manager, he had no explanation.

I wouldn’t put this last bit here if I wasn’t commenting on the items above because they’re not major, but they’ve failed in trying to make the rooms high tech because it’s overly complicated. You need to use a bedside console to simply turn on and off lights and 2 remotes to operate the TV (I had to call for someone to help me with the remote and he actually said, "you need to use 2 remotes to use the TV"). Charging INR1500 (US$33) for their best internet service (at only 3M/s) was also excessive relative to other hotels in Asia and almost anywhere else in the world. To provide some balance to the review, the hotel lobby, room and fitness center are all relatively new and in great condition.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jelarv
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Bangalore is an amazing city in itself and to have an exotic Platinum Hotel like ITC Royal Gardenia just adds to the beauty and the experience of the city. Most importantly being an example to the rest by following the Green route.

From the staff to the rooms to the hotel itself with, the feel is just extravagant.

Would love to be there again as soon as possible.

Just one addition of some recreational sport would be great!

Cheers!!

Reviewed 10 June 2011

The hotel is very nice from design and service point of view. Rooms are comfortable, restaurants are great and location is good.

Though, my first impression was a REAL NIGHTMARE... What happened ?

* I checked in very late after a long-haul flight
* after 15 min in the room I got a phonecall (it was after midnight) that they need my business card urgently. No idea why... They send someone to the room

* I went to the bathroom and found "not so nice traces" of the previous guest in the toilet. I called the concierge and they send a cleaning team to the room to clean the bathroom. Not good. it was clear for me that they rented the room before to "an early leaver" and probably did not have enough time to clean the room before the "late arriver" arrived.

* Then I wanted to synchronize my email and tried to log on to the internet. Though, I got the message "internet port not opened". Probably still "closed" because the previous guest just left the room. I called again the concierge and they told me they will send an IT specialist to my room !!!! What will I do with an IT specialist in my room at 2 am ??? They released the internet port and 15 minutes later I could send my email.

* Time for bed ! Though, not before you learn how to work with the impressive room control screen. After 15 minutes, I got it ! put all the lights out and ... Time for sleep. 3 am !

* Except... that there is a text on the television which continues to light up saying "no signal". Calling reception again and "they will send someone to the room"... Please no ! I want to sleep ! So, I put my hand behind the flatscreen television and pulled out all cables. Solved !

Anyway, the hotel is nice, but this experience really turned me off and next time, i will be in the Leela again. Not good.

i also want to mention that the hotel has a nice gym. Except that there are tons of cables around the machines and that the nice television which is linked with the equipment is not working. not good.

The hotel has all potential to be a true 5 stars hotel. Though some things need to change first. Not yet at that level....

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
ITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear Guest,

At the outset thank you for sharing with us your contact details. This has further given us the oppurtunity to complete a detailed investigation on your recent stay at the ITC Gardenia.

Your experience has been an abberation in our service standards & is certainly not reflective of the practices embraced at ITC Gardenia.

Please accept our profuse apologies , the associates & the processes implemented have been addressed at the grass root level & corrective measures implemented with immediate effect.

May I assure you of a flawless stay on your next visit , while every measure has been taken to ensure complete compliance across standards & parameters set.

My team & I endeavour to promise you that your stays in future will be nothing like your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next visit to Bengaluru.

Warm Regards,
Management of ITC Gardenia,Bengaluru

Reviewed 8 June 2011

ITC Gardenia was an honour to stay at.. I have stayed there 4 times and from the welcome you get at the check in counter to the food to the luxury is all 7 star.. They have never disappointed me.. I have also stayed in 2009 when the IPL was on and it was like a festival inside the hotel yet not disturbing anyone. I love the place and would love to stay there again and again

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business