“Excellent Property”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #21 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Good experience, excellent property situated in the heart of the city and is definitely a place where I would stay again the next time I have a chance. As it was a business trip could not get much time but the food, service and the overall experience was great.

Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us such a lovely feedback on Trip Advisor.

The entire team feels proud & honoured to read your compliments.

It is wonderful to note that you found the hotel conviniently located.

We appreciate your recognition on cuisine quality, service & your complete stay experience at the ITC Gardenia.

We do hope your travels will bring you over extended lengths of stay at the ITC Gardenia fto explore our portfolio of award winning resturants & bars, in room dining options , ITC hotels branded state of the art spa -Kaya Kalp , pool & leisure facilities & the luxury of time to soak in to a relaxed ambience .

Thank you once again & we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Though this was my first and short one night stay, the experience was wonderful. I was lucky to be there while the Chef Imtiaz Qureshi special was going on in Curries n more.

Look forward to next visit which, I hope, would be more than one day.

Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing the time to share with us such a lovely review on Trip Advisor.

The team feels proud & honoured to read your feedback.

Your recognition & appreciation of your experience at Kebabs & Kurries & your interaction with Grand Master Chef Imtiaz Qureshi is appreciated by all of us.

The team at ITC Gardenia is committed to quality service & your appreciation review is truly rewarding.

Thank you once again for your recognition & looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits over a longer duration at the ITC Gardenia.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This was my second trip to ITC Gardenia in Bangalore. This was a business trip like the earlier one that I had made.

I was very impressed, like the last time, with the design and layout of the property. Situated in the middle of the greenery of Residency road, with the towering rain trees and the verdant parks this was a beautiful location. What made it striking was the beautiful lobby, the creepers and vines in the lobby itself, and the green topped restaurant at the entrance. I also loved the candle decoration (I had reached late, around midnight) and the great flow of the breeze through the lobby. I sat a long time reading in the lobby, enjoying the light of the flickering flames and the incessant breeze that was soothing. I give the design two thumbs up.

The rooms are bright, spacious and tastefully decorated. They are like all of ITC business hotel rooms ( I travel a lot, and often stay in the other properties of ITC as well... I am a ITC Club member too). The other facilities were also well-maintained. The spa was clean and the steam, jacuzzi, and sauna were kept spotlessly clean. The swimming pool was a delight.

Now comes the bad part. This is where Gardenia really faltered, and faltered big time. Unlike the last time I saw Gardenia appear uninterested in any type of service. Let me illustrate with examples. Ther start was promising though. There was somebody waiting to welcome me into the hotel and she called me by my name as she handed over a beautiful silk scarf (personalization, using my earlier check-in data.. a nice personal touch.. appreciated).. then it began to go downhill.

The restaurant food was cold. Nobody seemed to be noticing. There was a food-tag of 'dimsums platter.. request the chef'.. when I asked the chef he said that it was an error and replaced the tag. Nobody came asking for rotis... I had to get cutlery from other tables myself. I thought this was an anomaly and gave them the benefit of doubt. Next morning, at breakfast time, I was shocked to see that this was the norm. Food was cold again (the dosa they got me was COLD, the omlette cold, half the things were just cold)... again there was the dimsum fiasco (I assume it was a naughty ghost that kept placing the sign there)... I was irritated, as any business traveler would be (considering that the breakfast is an important meal for us office-goers)... Nobody bothered to ask for tea/ coffee/ juices. Nobody came asking if I needed any toast or anything else... there was a callousness to my presence that I could not fathom. Later I checked and found out that my friends who had stayed there had similar experiences to share.

Later, when we were in a meeting (at the same hotel, in a meeting room in the 1st Floor) one of our business partners actually stumbled and fell because the junction box in the carpeted area (for wire connections) was not covered and almost like a small hollow. It was unprofessionally managed, to say the least.

ITC Gardenia, like all of their best hotels, is a great property. I have loved it. But like a great ship cannot run without a great crew or a great captain, I felt that the personnel issues in Gardenia are letting it down, badly. I have always felt at home in ITC hotels but this experience (I have not detailed everything out) makes me wonder if the ITC management are aware that each of their flagship hotels are floundering. It can be corrected, if they act upon it now... I would hate to see such a lovely hotel struggle. But believe me, even the best can fall and fail. Word of mouth is a strong thing, and since we business travelers are a pretty strong close-knit group, ITC should act and act first.

Personally, I will think again if I want to visit any ITC property in the near future.

1  Thank dipteshg
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

whilst we are happy to note that you have enjoyed the ambience, design & atmosphere of the ITC Gardenia & particularly appreciated the evening ritual at the hotel lobby, while also acknowledging your previous visit, the spa & its many facilties & the traditional Mysore welcome which is delightful to note.

It is rather distressing to review your observation on food & beverage, service efficiency & the experience at Upper Crust.

while it is our utmost focus to provide our valued , discerning guests such as you a flawless & impeccable experience, your experience has certainly been an aberation , not reflective of the hotel's service levels, which is a clear indication reference your previous visit.

You will be happy to note that immediate corrective action has been taken to arrest the service design & failures incurred therafter.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that your colleagues & you have a wonderful experience on your return in the future.

Request you to please treat your last stay as an abberation & provide us with the oppurtunity to have you back on your future visits to Bengaluru.

Your feeback has been shared with the team & it is of utmost concern to us .

Thank you for taking the liberty to share with us pertinent observations & being helpful in providing us all the information to be able to address the impending parameters on a war footing.

Assuring you our best services & looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Gardenia is located in the upmarket part of the town and everywhere worth going is literally a 5 minutes drive.

the property is the hang out destination for the rich and famous, locals as well as travelers. however you will also see a lot of people just 'hanging' around in the lobby, clicking pictures and engaging in other activities, oh so common of the 'park' or the modern day parks, 'malls'. but if you learned to keep a blind eye to such things, the lobby boasts of some good restaurants, that you may wanna try.

the rooms are nice, so are the amenities. good bathrooms as well. the rooms however are a little small.

the staff is one of the best you will experience in india.

the hotel claims to be a green hotel and also has some international agency give them a gold star rating for that. so you are actually enjoying luxury responsibly! fancy that? (do look for those special measures made to save light water etc, and if you find some let me know.)

arguably the best place in place bangalore (strike) bengaluru to stay at for a business trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to share with us a wonderful review on Trio Advisor.

We are delighted to know of your recent experience & its a pleasure to note that you appreciated the cuisines on offer at our award winning restaurants.

We are glad to know that the ammenties & bathspace has been upto your comfort & liking.

You will be pleased to note that the rooms at ITC Gardenia starting with Towers category command an expansive space of 440 sq ft & upwards versus an average room size of any luxury five star hotel in the city which would average at 250 sq ft & above.

It is our effort driven towards ensuring that our esteemed guests such as you have a comfortable & luxurious stay away from home in keeping with the evolving discerning needs of todays business traveller.

ITC Gardenia is indeed the largest luxury hotel in the world & the first in Asia to be accorded with the prestigious LEED Platinum status soon after its inception in 2009.

This accolade is in keeping with the hotel's instrinsic sustaible business model & ITC hotels now boasts of all its Luxury Collection Hotels reciving the LEED Platinum Credit.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us & the team & I are pleased with your words of recognition on deeming us as the best place to reside in Bengaluru.

Loking forward to your continued visits to the city & your future stays at ITC Gardenia.

It would bring us great pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I must compliment and thank the staff and Management of ITC Royal Gardenia for making my 3 night stay at this wonderful property a memorable one... My experience.. right from stepping in the hotel till drop at the airport was indeed a WOW one. I liked every part of my stay at this lovely and Green property.. one can start feeling the Green and Environment friendly experience from the lobby itself..with so much of natural air that no conditioning is required...The serene and no noise lobby area was superb and had it not for my work..I would have preferred to spend my entire day sitting in lobby. The rooms were spacious and Food so ITC HOTELS like.. Marvellous. Not to forget the employees or Associates as they are called.. Excellent Attitude and always smiling. I have already promised my family about re visiting this Hotel again...with them on a personal tour.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

Thank you for sparing your time to share with us your recent experience at the ITC Gardenia

We are delighted to learn that your overall experience during your recent stay at the ITC Gardenia was pleasant and enjoyable. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your discerning and valuable observations on our product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back at ITC Gardenia.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a trip around the South with friends. The hotel is really excellent in every way, from the welcome, to the luxurious rooms, decor, hospitality, food and general atmosphere. The hotel lobby is striking and impressive. Rooms very large with own hall area, spotless and with every amenity imaginable. There are four restaurants, all of which had excellent food, drinks and service. Concierge and travel desk very helpful with organising city tours and car with English speaking driver-guide for day trip to Mysore. Highly recommended as a place to stay for a stress free experience in a fast paced city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
ITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to share with us such a wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

The entire team feels proud & honoured to read your compliments.

Your recognition of our product & services including the welcome, decor, accomodation, hospitality, lobby & the over all atmosphere is appreciated by us.

It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort & to make their stay truly memorable.

The team at ITC Gardenia id delighted to note of your experience with the concierge & travel desk associates . While the team is pleased that you were able to enjoy your visit to Mysore.

It is truly a rewarding experience to note of appreciation & review.

Thank you once again & looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed here on business for a week. I felt jet lagged most of the time so a relaxing place conducive to sleep was key and the Royal Gardenia fit the bill with exception of a holiday celebration one evening. Overall, the hotel public areas were calming and lovely. The room was spacious, bed very comfortable and the bathroom was fabulous, equipped with toiletteries galore. I especially loved the sleep and calming sprays (would love to get my hands on some more!). I had room service a couple of times and the food was fine but not anything special. However, what was outstanding was the service. It was over the top. Beyond everyone I encountered being so helpful and kind, I was wowed when one of the hotel clerks actually appeared at my door with postcards after I mentioned I wished I had time to get some to send to family (and they didn't have or sell any at the hotel). Then another hotel staff member met me at the airport in the middle of the night for my return flight to ensure my check in went smoothly as I was running bit late for airport. Talk about service, and with a smile! Even though this property is further from our company office than other hotels, I always recommend the Gardenia to my colleagues travelling to Bangalore.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
ITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to share with us such wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

The entire team feels proud & honoured to read your compliments.

Your recognition of our product, public areas, room, bathspace, ammenities, welcomslumber kit to aid a good night's sleep,quality of service amongst others is appreciated by all of us.

It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort & to make their stay truly memorable .

The team at ITC Gardenia is committed to quality service & your appreciation of our team members is truly rewarding.

Thank you once again for your recognition & looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.