“Perfect for business”

Ranked #21 of 659 Hotels in Bengaluru
San Francisco, California
“Perfect for business”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is one awesome place. Be it location or amenities.Reception area and design is unique. And a very regal welcome. Very beautiful hotel too. And close to UB City. Gym is just ok. Nothing great. Great eateries though.I ate my first pizza in India here and was impressed. Surprisingly tough to find brown rice in restaurants in India. Same issue here. Been staying here every trip to India and always impressed.

1 Thank Vijay S
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings of the day to you...

Thank you very much indeed for sparing time to share with us such a delightful review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our Service. We at ITC Gardenia are committed to quality service to ensure that our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay.

We look forward to your continued visits and the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Bangalore
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I went to the Cubbon Pavillion restaurant in Sep 2013 for a team dinner. The spread of the food and the taste of the food was not to our liking. Although the ambience of the hotel and view inside is breath taking the food left us wanting. Most of the food there was of continental type and some of them didn't taste well according to Indian measures. Given that each buffet costed us Rs 1500+ , it was a dissapointment. It is a high end Hotel so probably people dont worry about money but then we paid Rs 200 per water bottle of Kinley.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vks007

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on your stay at ITC Gardenia and have taken cognizance of your observation. Your feedback will undoubtedly help us enhance guest experience.

The team at ITC Gardenia is committed to quality service and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed at the ITC Gardenia for two weeks. Like many high quality Bangalore hotels, the hotel is beautiful -- rich with marble, and not skimping on space. The common areas are airy, most with the feeling of being outdoor (even if covered).

What makes this hotel amazing, however, is its staff. I've stayed in other hotels in Bangalore, and have been impressed with the courtesy and attentiveness. But, nothing has compared to the service and personal attention I enjoyed while at the ITC Gardenia.

The day I arrived at ITC Gardenia, I mentioned to one of the Guest Services (Amrit) that I had special dietary restrictions; by the time I entered the West View Grill, she had alerted the chefs (Vittorio and Madav) to watch for me.

The Cabbon Pavilion -- one of the four main restaurants at the ITC Gardenia -- has a truly amazing staff that is willing to cater to your every request. Although you can choose to enjoy their incredible all-you-can-eat buffets (the breakfast buffet is complimentary), you can also enjoy a la carte meals -- or (as in my case) special, made-to-order meals. After my first visit to the Cabbon Pavilion or to the West View Grill Room, the chefs (Madav, Vittorio, Sasha, Tushar) and the support staff (hostesses -- Penpa, Leiya; waiters -- Prakash, Francis, Atul; etc.) all remembered me and anticipated my preferences. There are an endless number of places to eat in Bangalore -- but, for two weeks, I ate almost all my meals at the Cabbon Pavilion. And, the Assistant Manager (Kartik) and hostesses (Penpa, Leiya) made sure that a take-away lunch was prepared for me each morning, for me to bring to work. Kartik and the entire staff ensured that every meal was an excellent experience -- from the moment I entered the Cabbon until the moment I left.

The hotel's happy "hour" -- held daily from 6-8pm in two areas in the hotel -- provides a selection of complimentary wines, liquors and juices, and some finger food. The bar, and their Lotus Pavilion, provide amazing live solo singing entertainment nightly ("Dee" and Letu) -- for approximately 3 hours. So, if you want to listen to something other than work banter, or if you are tired of watching cricket highlights on the large screen TVs, sit back, watch and listen to their talented performers.

There is a fitness room -- well stocked with cardio machines and with weights -- and it is well maintained. I did not take advantage of their spa services, but they offered dozens of options. Butler services are also available, although I only used a butler to pick up my laundry. Their laundry options are very good, with flexibility about how quickly the laundry will be returned. I was surprised at the cost of the laundry -- a bit more expensive than I think it should be -- but hotel laundry services are often charged at somewhat of a premium.

My room was comfortable (the bed was very comfortable), spacious and clean. My room attendant (Ramu) greeted me daily, to ensure that his services and my room was excellent.

My room had been upgraded to one with a balcony -- giving me a nice view of the surrounding area. The room had a safe, mini-bar (for a fee), coffees, teas and fruit (complimentary and restocked each day).

In addition to the expected amenities, the ITC Gardenia provides access to conference rooms, if (for example) you want to have a work meeting. The first 3 hours use of the conference rooms is complimentary -- the rooms have video support for PCs, and the hotel provides coffee, tea and biscuits. I took advantage of this for an offsite meeting with my managers.

Continuing with my praise… not only is the dining staff amazing -- the reception and guest services staff is equally attentive. And, the Sales and Marketing Manager (Ragini) personally went shopping for me to locate and purchase a hard-to-find gift. In fact, at one point, she and one of the Receptionist/Guest Services (Amrit) were both looking on my behalf.

The bottom line -- you might expect a high quality hotel to look great, provide comfortable, clean rooms, serve great food -- the ITC Gardenia does all that. What sets the ITC Gardenia apart front the others is its staff. I have no doubt that I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pskas
Dear Guest,

Greetings from ITC Gardenia!

I am delighted to learn that you had a very pleasant experience at the ITC Gardenia during your recent stay with us.

I have shared your kind words of appreciation for the ladies and gentlemen of ITC Gardenia, and have been felicitated. I am sure this will further motivate them in their quest for excellence.

Thank you for your support and patronage as it is guests like you who lend stature to our product.

With Best Wishes,
Reviewed 19 September 2013

one of the best hotel experience. The staff is very good. The overall experience has been terific. This is my best hotel experience ever.
The staff really takes care of the guest. Food is amazing. The cheff is amazing. They even custom dishes for me.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings of the day to you.

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us such a delightful review on Trip Advisor. We are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do look forward to your next visit and to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future

Reviewed 19 September 2013

ITC Gardenia is superbly located in a quiet part of Bangalore's Center. The Hotel is extravagantly designed with Roof top Gardens and a Helipad. Located a short walk away from UB City and a minute Drive to MG Road, it's pretty much ideally located. The Dublin is their bar and is awesome. The who's who of the celebrity world generally end up here or at UB CIty and I've often seen most of the Indian cricket Team here. Infact, the last time i went there, i was seated across some cricketers (which made my meal pretty uncomfortable in a good way).

The staff seem friendly and very ready to help in the case of a friend who lost his car keys somewhere in the hotel.

2 Thank theindiantraveller23
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 21 September 2013

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us your delightful experience at ITC Gardenia on Trip Advisor.

It is wonderful to know and learn of your cherishing experience whilst at our hotel.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in one of my recent trips, it was luxury combined with outstanding experience. Excellent staff, very courteous irrespective of whether you are staying at the hotel or visiting the place and always smiling.
Located at the heart of the city, great ambience & well connected to all parts of the town,the only shortcoming if you were to find one would be the absence of a lawn/garden because it is in the crowded part of the city.
The cross-ventillation when you stand in the Reception area is truly an amazing experience and there is greenery all around in whatever little space they have.
The food is multi-cuisine with some mouth-watering South Indian delicacies which is a great treat for foodies.
Overall a very good place to stay, please ensure you have adequate credit limit in your card but still I would stay it is value for your money.

2 Thank PSRI0906
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru.

Thank you very much for your warm appreciation of the ITC Gardenia's ambience and the excellent quality of its food and services. We are delighted to know you had an excellent experience at the ITC Gardenia and enjoyed the "Green Environment” of the hotel.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

One of the best experiences I have had in the hotel even though it was a 2 day stay.

Located in the heart of the city and without doubt the best service experience I have had till now. I was greeted and escorted to my room by a RM.

1) As soon as I entered the incorrect password to my wifi (Literally same min) I got a call if I was having trouble with wifi.

2) Whenever I left my room even for half an hour my room was done up.

3) It wad a pure luxury experience with even standard room being huge, when compared to any other place. Has a luxurious bathing experience with full size bath tub and bathroom almost as big as a small hotel room filled with ITC luxury bathing products.

4) Entire property is green well done including the room decor.

5) Got complimentary happy hours from 6:30 to 9:00 am..

If one has the budget, please upgrade to ITC is my recommendation..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sid1404

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. At ITC Gardenia, we do strive to go that extra mile and give our guest unmatched hospitality and a memorable stay. Thank you very much for appreciating the efforts as the entire team feels proud and honored to read your compliments.