“Great service and a very memorable stay”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #20 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Singapore, Singapore
“Great service and a very memorable stay”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stepped out of the car to be greeted with a beautiful blue scarf by one of the receptionist.
Although not upgraded to a Suite (as an SPG Plat), I was very happy with my tower room which had in fact a separate seating room, a balcony.

The room felt very spacious and comfortable and the bed provided for a great night sleep.
Service was always prompt and friendly and made for a wonderful stay.

My initial stay was so comfortable that I asked to extend my stay for another week (was ready to cancel all my other hotel bookings) but unfortunately the hotel was full, so reverted to choosing a hotel close to my next day meetings.

The Lotus Pavilion provided for a relaxed place to lunch away from the crowd and noise of the buffet. The service there was excellent. I would have no hesitation going back to this property. I now have a dilemma when staying in Bangalore, Windsor or Gardenia!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Public Relations Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. At ITC Gardenia we are committed to providing the best hotel experience for all our guests and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Thank you and have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I think this must be one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever been lucky enough to stay in. The vibe throughout the hotel is very peaceful and calm. From reception through to the bedrooms and dining areas, everything just seems so calm and you'd forget the bustle outside the hotel limits.

If I am travelling back to Bangalore I would insist on staying in this hotel.

Downside: check-in and check-out was pretty bad for me. I was only one night in the hotel but there was query of my bill when leaving and 3 of the staff in front of me were debating whether or not they should discount my bill - it was very unprofessional and I've never witnessed anything like it before in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know you had a comfortable stay. We regret the inconvenience reported by your during check-in and check-out and will certainly ensure you do not face such issues in future.
Thank you once again and have a great day.
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the ITC Gardenia twice this year, both times for business trips to Bangalore. I stay for at least a week at a time on my trips to Bangalore and having a comfortable hotel for a long trip is a must. ITC Gardenia has very nice, big rooms with all the amenities. The staff is extremely attentive and if I ever need anything they are quick to assist me. At one point during a 2 week stay, the staff came to my room to personally ask me if there was anything I needed to make my stay more comfortable, as I was their longest staying guest at the time. Really nice touch. They even learn what my favorite tea and fruits are based on what I consume and they stock extra of those things for me in the room. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Bangalore. It is right in the middle of town and you will definitely be comfortable.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Public Relations Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your entire experience here and hope to host you again soon.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is probably the most spectacular hotel I have stayed in so far! Perfect hospitality, sublime service, and building grandheurs! The garden bar at ground floor is an oasis and a bliss to visit in the evening. We ate at the indian style restaurant indoors, and it was good, with a nice wine list. I am not a seasoned traveller in India, but Bangalore was tidier and more wealty than New Delhi and Ahmedabad. Also good shopping down town if you are into such things.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to know you had an enjoyable stay at the ITC Gardenia and look forwarding to welcoming you back again soon.

Have a great day!
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 November 2013

ITC Royal Gardenia has excellent location, ambiance, comfort and food. Rooms are spacious and have all the amenities of a 5 star hotel. I have stayed at least 5 times and my experience is excellent about this hotel.
Hotel is just walking distance from MG Road and UB City. One of the best restaurants Kebab and Kurries is located on the ground floor.

Room Tip: select the room with a balcony facing the pool
Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to know your enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to Bangalore

Thank you and have a pleasant day.
Beijing, China
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed at the ITC Gardenia for 6 nights. The location is good, not far from Cubbon Park, MG Road, and it's closer to our office. The traffic in Bangalore is so much worse than my last visit 12 years ago, but once I step into this hotel, everything becomes so calm and peaceful. The lobby is beautifully decorated with lotus pond, and the common areas such as the corridors are very charming.

Priyanka from Guest Relations escorted me to my room to do the check-in, and she thoroughly introduced all the features in the room as well as the hotel facilities. The whole check-in process was very pleasant.

I got upgraded to a pool facing suite. I like the layout as it has a walk-in closet, a massage chair, a decent sized work area, a living area, and a balcony outside. The bathroom is not huge, but it has double vanity, separate shower and tub, and there's a window, so you could look at the pool and the garden in your tub. One negative experience I did have was that when I first turn on the faucet, the water contained rust. Scared me a little bit, but after the water running for a minute or two, it's okay. This only happened on my first night, and the water was fine after that.

As my schedule is really tight and I often come back late, I had most of my meals at the hotel. The restaurants in ITC Gardenia are pretty decent. I enjoyed breakfast at the Cubbon Pavilion. While the selection is not huge, they offer a few signature dishes a la carte, such as egg Benedict and French toast, which I liked. I also tried the Indian restaurant, Kebabs & Kurries, food over there is also very good.

I also liked the Spa, Kaya Kalp, and went there a couple of times after long day of work. The service is good, although I would say the Angsana at the Sheraton is better.

Overall a very good business hotel, and I would return in the future.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing suite to enjoy the view
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It would be our pleasure to host you again on your next visit to Bangalore.

Thank you once again and have a great day!
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 26 November 2013

A mix of Modern Luxury amenities ( Break fast spread, Lobby with Fountains , High speed internet , Service and Size of Room, travel desk, Business room facility,Gym ) & It's Location make perfect for Business trip.
I enjoyed stay here will advise other too.

Room Tip: Take back side rooms to avoid noise
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Public Relations Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate the fact that you would like to recommend our hotel to others. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangalore.

Have a wonderful day.