“Beautiful experience!”

Ranked #20 of 657 Hotels in Bengaluru
San Francisco, California, USA
“Beautiful experience!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Anyone who follows my TripAdvisor reviews knows I prefer high-end hotels. This hotel was one of the best I've ever encountered in all my global travels. The rooms are beautiful, newly remodeled and has all the plush amenities you would expect from a hotel of this caliber. Also, the free laundry option for the first couple of clothing items was really handy after traveling throughout Asia. Everything was returned folded neatly in a thick wicker basket and perfectly pressed. The presentation alone was gorgeous.

But what makes this hotel stand out is the people. I was greeted warmly from the moment I walked in until I left and beyond. Even after I left the hotel, the staff have followed up with me to make sure my stay was pleasant and up to par. At every turn, the staff went above and beyond to make my stay memorable, and memorable it was. The customer service manager met me for tea in the gorgeous, open-air tea house off the lobby just to get to know me and understand more about me as a traveler and as a human being. I felt known and appreciated, and I truly liked her and enjoyed our discussion so much, I felt like I'd made a new friend in India. Shamnu at the front desk checked me in once and remembered my name throughout the rest of my stay. He also did everything he could to accommodate my late check-out plans on my last day and made sure I was very comfortable. Stella, who was guest services for my room/floor, was so kind and giving. She took care of my every wish and was usually anticipating any needs before I did. It was always such a pleasure to speak to Stella and Shamnu throughout my stay.

With all this fabulous service, you might expect the hotel to be too "posh" but the feeling was warm, welcoming, comforting and like being with friends for a long week.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. If you find yourself in Bangalore, India, there is only one option. I look forward to my next trip here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. At ITC Gardenia we are committed to personalising each guest's stay and we are delighted to know our associates did their best to make your feel comfortable. We shall certainly convey your words of appreciation to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I love the indian food at this hotel and the breakfast selection is also many and great. My room has a personal massage chair, so it really helps after a long day of exploring. This hotel is modern in style and great art work. Staff is friendly, especially Disha. Close to the shopping area too. Sure like to go back to this hotel when I am back to Bangalore.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia. We are delighted to know you had a comfortable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Recently spent two nghts here for my son's wedding. The whole experience was superb! Excellent rooms, great service from all hotel staff and a wonderful breakfast spread. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would not consider anywhere else in Bengaluru. It was just a shame that no other hotel on our tour of Southern India came close to matching the Gardenia's lofty standards!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia and congratulations for your son's wedding. We are delighted to know you and your family had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I love this hotel when traveling on business - it's pricey, but the rooms are excellent, the staff is ridiculously courteous and helpful, and the staff is empowered to take quick decisions to solve any problem you might have, The food is excellent, and the whole layout of the hotel is very bright and full of sunshine.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Short business trip but amazing service, very relaxed feel, staff couldn't do enough, the rooms were beautifully laid out and had everything required for both relaxation and being able to do work, the pool was just amazing - and top it off and the choice of restaurants was fantastic - shame we only had 3 days there,
Next time, definitely staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. It certainly motivates us to continue providing the finest luxury experience for all our guests. We are glad to know you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangalore.
Orlando, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The staff were extremely helpful and very much anticipating to your requests. We were totally seven members including me. The stay is awesome and generic, very great services from housekeeping, in room dining, cubbon pavilion, laundry, concierge and front desk.

I would like to share few observations which are eye to details to your front line agents, appreciating their work efficiently.
Ms.Stella who has welcomed me on an evening after my office hours seeing me tired, offered me information about the luxury hours at the highland nectar bar, Ms.Disha, the welcome diva upon my departure reconfirming my email ID, i told her don't send me any emails, but she was so sad, she asked we need to know because it is important for us. Here I should say about this gentle man Mr.Shanmu, the executive operations was recommended by my business partner Ms.Fore from my company, he was taking her check out and then followed mine next. He handled a quick check out for most of your guest as that day was seen more than 10 people waiting, his printer got stuck, he excused himself asked my permission to get the invoice copy from the next station, I do remember have told him to keep the itemized bills two days ago and at departure without me reminding him, he told these are your requested itemized bills. He did not stop with that Hari at the desk told him they are waiting for 2 cars from company, he walked with us and told front porch porter to announce basement parking. While I was about to get into my car, Mr.Shanmu, thank you very much, he saw my shoe lace untied and he told one moment Mr. Dennis he suddenly reached my shoes and about to tie it up. I apologised him and I did it myself.

I want to recognise few more people at front line who where smiling at me and collecting my preferences for my future visits, the girls in pink saree Ms.Rhea and Ms.Deepti headed by Ms.Akanksha at desk were really marvelous. Smiling faces very beautiful for the evening.

Every staff are having eye for details for minute things is most appreciated.

You have very dedicated people across the hotel, I will be coming soon in next seven months along with my entire crew.

I will also comment about my experience in the travel plan sites. Great job by everyone. Thank you all for providing us a great stay.

Best wishes
Dennis

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating our associates. We are delighted to know you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at the ITC for a short business trip and was completely blown away by the amazing service and cleanliness of the hotel. The staff was incredible - warm, responsive, and always intent on ensuring my every need was addressed. My room was perfect and jam packed with amenities. The restaurants/bars downstairs were all excellent, including for breakfast buffet and the outdoor patio bar in the courtyard very pleasant with candle-lit pond and live music.
A shopping mall is convenienttly just a 5-10 minute walk away.
I would absolutely return to this hotel again and again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted to know you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.