“Pure luxury at affordable prices”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #19 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment you check in here, you feel special. You are offered a very nice silk scarf as a welcome gift, and then escorted by staff to your room.

Restaurants are fantastic, staff is great and location very central. Would love to stay here next time too.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for appreciating our hospitality. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I checked in the hotel on 11th of March 2014, I was given an Eva suite room #1206. Firstly I was very impressed and happy with my room. I had a nice relaxing time in the kaya kalp spa. and also Thanks Kritika Kant from Guest Relations, for mading my stay worth it!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,
I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay at the Eva Suite and I shall certainly convey your appreciation to Kritika from the Guest Relations team. We look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Gardenia.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

When I last stayed in August 2012, I gave this hotel a pristine review. I did not hesitate to stay here again on this trip. Whilst it was still very good, there were a number of small problems, and I wonder if the hotel is suffering with some staff drain to the newer top class hotels and/or if it has simply taken its eye slightly off the ball.

Many things about the hotel are still really excellent: the rooms themselves (the standard room) are large, well laid out, with excellent facilities and are very comfortable. The spa, gym and swimming pool (ideal for lap swimming) are great.

Room service was fast, with an extensive 24h menu, and well executed.

However, I had some problems on this trip: there was a lot of music noise on the Saturday & Sunday when I arrived even though I asked to be in a quiet room. I did not identify whether this was from a hotel event, or from a nearby venue but certainly this was disappointing. There was no problem during the week days.

Actually, on the morning (Saturday) I arrived - in need of sleep - there was also building repair work going on right next door which was very annoying (this was finished by day 2).

In my room, the AC in the bathroom was very noisy. This was doubly bad in my opinion: bad in itself and it was also poor that the staff had not reported this and had it fixed. There is no way it could have gone un-noticed. I am sure the hotel would have moved me or had it fixed if I had raised this but I expect a more proactive approach.

There were some small but irritating service problems. An example: there was no bottle opener in the mini bar; these things happen (although, why ?). I called to ask for one. It never arrived. I ordered room service and asked the butler to chase up the bottle opener. Nothing. I gave up asking at this point.

Room service was good - as I said - but on one morning, they forgot the coffee with my breakfast, and on another day they forgot the toast.

Wifi was OK, but not great; it connected 3 devices without apparent problems but I did have bandwidth problems making VoIP conference calls.

There were a number of other small things. None that I could be bothered to chase up on a business stay when I am mostly out of the hotel, but enough to make me think twice.

Would I stay again? Yes, but I would no longer consider it an automatic choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely regret the inconvenience reported by you and I assure you this has my personal attention. At ITC Gardenia, we are committed to ensuring the best luxury experience for our guests and we shall ensure that all our associates are appropriately sensitized to this. Thank you once again for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Anyone who follows my TripAdvisor reviews knows I prefer high-end hotels. This hotel was one of the best I've ever encountered in all my global travels. The rooms are beautiful, newly remodeled and has all the plush amenities you would expect from a hotel of this caliber. Also, the free laundry option for the first couple of clothing items was really handy after traveling throughout Asia. Everything was returned folded neatly in a thick wicker basket and perfectly pressed. The presentation alone was gorgeous.

But what makes this hotel stand out is the people. I was greeted warmly from the moment I walked in until I left and beyond. Even after I left the hotel, the staff have followed up with me to make sure my stay was pleasant and up to par. At every turn, the staff went above and beyond to make my stay memorable, and memorable it was. The customer service manager met me for tea in the gorgeous, open-air tea house off the lobby just to get to know me and understand more about me as a traveler and as a human being. I felt known and appreciated, and I truly liked her and enjoyed our discussion so much, I felt like I'd made a new friend in India. Shamnu at the front desk checked me in once and remembered my name throughout the rest of my stay. He also did everything he could to accommodate my late check-out plans on my last day and made sure I was very comfortable. Stella, who was guest services for my room/floor, was so kind and giving. She took care of my every wish and was usually anticipating any needs before I did. It was always such a pleasure to speak to Stella and Shamnu throughout my stay.

With all this fabulous service, you might expect the hotel to be too "posh" but the feeling was warm, welcoming, comforting and like being with friends for a long week.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. If you find yourself in Bangalore, India, there is only one option. I look forward to my next trip here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. At ITC Gardenia we are committed to personalising each guest's stay and we are delighted to know our associates did their best to make your feel comfortable. We shall certainly convey your words of appreciation to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I love the indian food at this hotel and the breakfast selection is also many and great. My room has a personal massage chair, so it really helps after a long day of exploring. This hotel is modern in style and great art work. Staff is friendly, especially Disha. Close to the shopping area too. Sure like to go back to this hotel when I am back to Bangalore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia. We are delighted to know you had a comfortable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Recently spent two nghts here for my son's wedding. The whole experience was superb! Excellent rooms, great service from all hotel staff and a wonderful breakfast spread. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would not consider anywhere else in Bengaluru. It was just a shame that no other hotel on our tour of Southern India came close to matching the Gardenia's lofty standards!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia and congratulations for your son's wedding. We are delighted to know you and your family had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I love this hotel when traveling on business - it's pricey, but the rooms are excellent, the staff is ridiculously courteous and helpful, and the staff is empowered to take quick decisions to solve any problem you might have, The food is excellent, and the whole layout of the hotel is very bright and full of sunshine.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony.