“Wonderful experience yet again!!!!!!!!!!!”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #21 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Wonderful experience yet again!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

As always a great experience. I would like to particularly thank the reservations manager Arun Kaul for his personalised attention to details and ensuring that all my specific requirements are pre arranged. I never even have to ask for them after arrival.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay at ITC Gardenia and I shall certainly convey your appreciation to Arun Kaul. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,
Zubin S Songadwala
General Manager, ITC Gardenia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Kolhapur, India
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The rooms are nicely managed, beautifully crafted, spacious, with all amenities, staff is very courteous & helpful.
Fantastic property, in the heart of city but calm & quiet. Food was nice so the staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but if one has to sit in balcony in the evening hours he can choose room balcony...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia. I am delighted to know you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great Service, loved the hospitality, loved my room with a cute balcony and sun bed. Delicious buffet in coffee shop, served a very unique crab appetizer amongst many other scrumptious options and amazing lamb chops and delicious variety of desserts. Located right next to UB city, literally a 5 min walk away from the back entrance of the hotel, where you can enjoy the night life. Highly recommend the spa and getting a relaxing steam or sauna if you get a chance, all in all great stay:)

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at ITC Gardenia and enjoyed the spa services as well as the cuisine at our dining outlets. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Thank you and have a great day.
Kochi
Reviewed 23 March 2014

It was a pleasure going back to the Gardenia for what was the fifth time in the last twelve months. If any with the new bridges having opened up, getting there from the airport seemed so much shorter an experience. Thank you Megha (front desk) for the warm welcome.

Room 2127 offered me a view overlooking the pool and the overall experience was so good that two days seemed to pass all too quickly. The staff at the Gardenia really take good care of you and I have noticed this on every visit of mine.

When I leave, as I always have, I leave looking forward to my next stay there.in the not so distant future.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to revisit ITC Gardenia. Your appreciative comments certainly motivate us to continue providing a stellar experience for all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Bangalore.
Singapore
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment you check in here, you feel special. You are offered a very nice silk scarf as a welcome gift, and then escorted by staff to your room.

Restaurants are fantastic, staff is great and location very central. Would love to stay here next time too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for appreciating our hospitality. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I checked in the hotel on 11th of March 2014, I was given an Eva suite room #1206. Firstly I was very impressed and happy with my room. I had a nice relaxing time in the kaya kalp spa. and also Thanks Kritika Kant from Guest Relations, for mading my stay worth it!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,
I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay at the Eva Suite and I shall certainly convey your appreciation to Kritika from the Guest Relations team. We look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Gardenia.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

When I last stayed in August 2012, I gave this hotel a pristine review. I did not hesitate to stay here again on this trip. Whilst it was still very good, there were a number of small problems, and I wonder if the hotel is suffering with some staff drain to the newer top class hotels and/or if it has simply taken its eye slightly off the ball.

Many things about the hotel are still really excellent: the rooms themselves (the standard room) are large, well laid out, with excellent facilities and are very comfortable. The spa, gym and swimming pool (ideal for lap swimming) are great.

Room service was fast, with an extensive 24h menu, and well executed.

However, I had some problems on this trip: there was a lot of music noise on the Saturday & Sunday when I arrived even though I asked to be in a quiet room. I did not identify whether this was from a hotel event, or from a nearby venue but certainly this was disappointing. There was no problem during the week days.

Actually, on the morning (Saturday) I arrived - in need of sleep - there was also building repair work going on right next door which was very annoying (this was finished by day 2).

In my room, the AC in the bathroom was very noisy. This was doubly bad in my opinion: bad in itself and it was also poor that the staff had not reported this and had it fixed. There is no way it could have gone un-noticed. I am sure the hotel would have moved me or had it fixed if I had raised this but I expect a more proactive approach.

There were some small but irritating service problems. An example: there was no bottle opener in the mini bar; these things happen (although, why ?). I called to ask for one. It never arrived. I ordered room service and asked the butler to chase up the bottle opener. Nothing. I gave up asking at this point.

Room service was good - as I said - but on one morning, they forgot the coffee with my breakfast, and on another day they forgot the toast.

Wifi was OK, but not great; it connected 3 devices without apparent problems but I did have bandwidth problems making VoIP conference calls.

There were a number of other small things. None that I could be bothered to chase up on a business stay when I am mostly out of the hotel, but enough to make me think twice.

Would I stay again? Yes, but I would no longer consider it an automatic choice.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely regret the inconvenience reported by you and I assure you this has my personal attention. At ITC Gardenia, we are committed to ensuring the best luxury experience for our guests and we shall ensure that all our associates are appropriately sensitized to this. Thank you once again for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia.