“Declining standards of service”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #21 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I have been a great fan of ITC gardenia, however not anymore.

This time I stayed for 4 nights and felt terrible due to following reasons:
1. Bad TV remote control unit, they changed it twice on my request and still it didn't work.
2. TV that is not properly horizontally aligned, it's tilting on the left.
3. A wrong time clock on the room control unit and in the gym as well. I reported twice, still no solution.

To be fair, I got a letter from the guest relations officers and spoke to her on phone but with no good results for me. I got bad value while I paid full amount.

Not coming back here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank RV70
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your support and loyal patronage of ITC Gardenia. I have made note of your feedback and I assure you the shortcomings in service pointed out by you have my personal attention.
At ITC Gardenia, we are committed to paying the utmost attention to detail and I thank you also, for taking the time and effort to highlight your concerns to our Guest Relations Manager. I sincerely regret the inconvenience reported by you and the fact that it was not resolved during your stay. This is certainly not reflective of our service standards. The team has been sensitised to ensure that such instances do not recur. We hope you will give us the opportunity to reinstate our credibility. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to ITC Gardenia in the future.

With warm regards,
General Manager, ITC Gardenia

Write a ReviewReviews (2,003)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel with family 2 kids and we chose room with balcony and we were upgraded to the higher category itc one that is suite , the hotel the service very excellent the spa is very excellent all the staff very concerned for the guest the swimming pool also very good on the breakfast spread also very huge with all international variety . The breakfast sitting are also very refreshing overall the location is very near and IRS in city center very close to M.G road and Commercial street for shopping also transportation very easy to get . Would love to stay back again in thus hotel

Room Tip: Choose suite rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pravin B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know the hotel was ideally suited for your family's needs and that my team was able to ensure a pleasant stay. At ITC Gardenia we pride ourselves on offering the finest Indian as well as international cuisine and I am glad to know you enjoyed our breakfast selection as well.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times, it is ONE of the better hotels in Bangalore. Great location lovely features and spotlessley clean. The main feature for me is the ECO friendly air conditioning in the rooms, its so quiet. There are big BUTS, the bird poo on the balcony is disgusting, last time I stayed I could not even use the balcony it was so bad. BUT BUT BUT the worst for me is, when I stayed in May I was over charged by a considerble sum of money, and depsite the travel company complaining many many times I stil have not received a refund. I'm due to stay again in September with collegaues and this will be my last stay, I am sick and tired of fighting for my refund and sick and tired of things always going wrong, I have another hotel in mind which I wil visit when I am in Bangalore in September, so watch this space. and ITC get my refund sorted...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Gill P
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. I sincerely regret the inconvenience reported by you and I assure you that this has my personal attention. I am aware that a member of our team was in touch with you regarding the billing process prior to your highlighting this matter on TripAdvisor and has been engaging with you as well as a representative of your travel management company. We do regret that we were unable to action the refund immediately, but were constrained by the fact that the valid authorisation for charge was not received from the concerned representative till the 18th of August. I am given to understand that the amount has since been credited to your account.
At ITC Gardenia, we are committed to offering the finest luxury experience for all our guests and it is our endeavour to ensure seamless and efficient service at every touch point. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to reinstate our credibility and we look forward to welcoming you back as scheduled later this month.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I loved every aspect of this hotel during my two-month stay. The service was impressive, and I enjoyed the evening cocktails and daily gourmet breakfast. I was quickly upgraded to a suite, which contained a large walk-in closet, with direct and separate access to the entry room, so laundry could be delivered without disruption. The room had a massaging lounge chair, separate living room, large patio, three flat screen TVs and high end furnishings all around. The pool deck was also quite enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, they are usually available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris_CAB

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciative comments. I am delighted to know you had an enjoyable stay with us and found your room well suited to all your needs. At ITC Gardenia, it is our endeavour to offer an oasis of rest and relaxation to the busy corporate traveller and I am glad to know we were able to do everything to make your stay comfortable. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I travel internationally extensively so experience a lot of business hotels every month. I found ITC Gardenia as one of the best I have experienced of late in the affordable category. Had a 3 night stay on a personal visit which was most enjoyable and loved the hotel. It may not have the same history and charm of places like Windsor Manor or West End, but it makes up in service, location and quality of room.

The good:
1. Check in and out is smooth as silk
2. The room - is exceptional. Spotless, great spacious bathroom, a lobby/closet area separate from the room, and a spacious comfortable room. I ordered a orthotic pillow from their choice of pillows and sleep quality was excellent. The size and design of the room was noteworthy and a differentiator.
3. The gym and spa are great and worth a visit. I am a regular at the gym and used it every morning. The small details have been thought of and it leaves a mark on regulars like me - attentive gym staff who placed a fresh scented towel, water and headphones every time. Spacious, all the right equipment and in good condition. It was a pleasure using the gym. I also spoilt myself with a massage at the spa which was worth it.
4. Food quality is excellent. For me the highlight was the breakfast which was included in my booking. ITC Welcomgroup hotels stand out for the breakfast and this was no exception. There is a sensible choice of Indian, Western and Chinese breakfast which caters for all tastes. I just loved the South Indian breakfast every day. They also have a stand with sandwiches and bottled water for guests to help themselves on the way out which is good for business travelers - great idea! I also tried the coffee shop for the one dinner in the hotel and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the noodles and Asian dish I ordered.
5. Location is very central, close the Brigade road and the Bangalore club (for those who can use this)
6. Service overall is exceptional with all staff making an effort to make your stay a pleasant one. I had an upset stomach, and the concierge connect me to the doctor, gave me the medicine that he happened to stock, and later in the day I had a bouquet of flowers and a card from the guest services team in my room!

I cant think of anything that needs to improve because my stay was perfect. The only thing was that paying for wifi in the day and age seems out of date - even though only $10 per day, pls reconsider this. Will be back one day because I loved the hotel overall. Dont change anything.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, facing the pool if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Asiaishome
Zubin S, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review ITC Gardenia. I am delighted to know that our property was ideally suited for all your business needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for appreciating our attention to the quality of your sleep. At ITC Hotels, we belive a good night's rest is essential for the busy corporate traveller and I am happy to know you felt relaxed and well-rested. I am also pleased to know you enjoyed dining at Cubbon Pavilion and enjoyed the variety and quality of dishes on offer.
My team and I look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Good Service , Nice People , Spacious rooms with good view , Awesome Restaurants, True Value for Money, UB City and other attractions are very near.Overall one of the best hotels in Bangalore. Happy to stay here in future.

Room Tip: Go for ITC One Tower Rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel ideally located for all your travel needs. We look forward to hosting you again soon, on your next visit to Bangalore.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel structure, decorating is very nice. The staff are very well trained and anticipate the guest need. The room is also nice. Chef at the Italian restaurant is very friendly and give all information and help us with selecting the menu. The Bar at the lobby is ok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am delighted to know my team was able to look after all your needs and ensure that you had a comfortable stay. Thank you also for appreciating the architecture of the hotel - it has been designed in tune with our ethos of Responsible Luxury and seeks to blend contemporary interiors with the beauty of nature.
We look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Gardenia.