“Just at good location, rest nothing else.”

T.A.P. Silver Square
Ranked #586 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Silver Square was grungy and cramped, with tiny rooms, and it is located on a single floor just above a loud night club.
The night time stairs are unlighted and there is too much noise till midnight emanating from the pub below.
Overall, the staff needs huge improvement in their attitude , the Wi-Fi worked, and the hotel was below standards for an upscale location like brigade road.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Abhi S
There are newer reviews for T.A.P. Silver Square

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The worst hotel you will ever like to stay in.
First of all let me write the problems we faced:
1) The worst hotel staff I ever came across. They stare at girls very badly. It was so humiliating to see them stare at my friends like this.
Even when we had an online booking they made us wait for almost 1 hour to check in.
2) The rooms are very bad. They look like a train dabbas. And very small.
3) The building staircase is so damn dirty. And half the time lift isn't working
4) Hot water not available late morning.
5) AC wasnt working not were TV channels.
6) There is a disk just on the below floor. And till late night ie. 11.30 pm You can get the annoying music disturb your peace and sleep.

Seriously this was a terrible experience. Looking at the pics shown above I booked the hotel but they say right, 'NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER'.

Room Tip: Never chose this hotel A normal lodge is better then this.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Arbaaz S
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Hi,
I stayed in TAP silver square hotel for around 3 days. I was alone and didn't find any problem inside the hotel. Hostel staff was supportive. The hotel is near the metro station so you can move around the city. You can also find other modes of travel from there very easily.
The hotel is situated on the next floor to a disco so very noisy in nights and another problem was limited number of food junctions near hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We totally 10 members visited the hotel to witness the India vs Australia final match in Bangalore on 02nd Nov, 2013 in Chinnaswamy stadium. As a bonus we witnessed the 03rd The stadium is in a walkable distance. Please check the attached pictures as I am exited to share the same with you. By the way, The hotel is descent enough. Friendly staff, clean rooms, fantastic foods and nice service. Any vacation will be pleasant in this hotel due to the Excellent location. The Brigade Road never sleep. Always busy area. People don't have time to look each other. Commercial area basically, but Porsche. Last but not in the list, The price is reasonable. worth place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I with my personal experience can inform my fellow travellers that this hotel is fully safe and secure for women. When I arrived to the hotel with my wife in the late night all the way from Mumbai we got shocked after listening that my wife will have to provide an ID Proof in which as husband name, my name is mentioned. We are newly married couple and so far it is not ready with us. Finally we settled this issue after showing our recently marriage photographs. The logic behind this policy given by the receptionist is very much acceptable. He asked me that "if I am staying in the hotel and in the next door if any thing wrong going on will you appreciate that?" Later on I realized that though it looks little reticulated but end of the day it is an excellent policy what the hotel is following. End of the day the security is the most essential part of our life. Hats off to the management and request them to keep up the good job. I fully recommend this hotel to any traveler. The location is awesome. Very humble and friendly staff. Rooms are comparatively small for which I felt the rate is reasonable. Clean and well maintained. I wold love to stay back in the same hotel incase if I am back any day in Bangalore............

Room Tip: Unmarried stay away....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The $18 dollar room is tiny and dirty. When I arrived past midnight, the stairs to the third floor were completely unlighted, and I had to bang repeatedly to stir the clerk (though I had warned that my plane was arriving late).
The shower doesn't work, and the reading lights are burned out. The sheets look clean and the bath towel kind of clean, but the quilt hasn't been washed in years.
The main problem, though, is the Fusion night club (Indian hip-hop) a floor below. It's amplified thumping goes on late into the night.
Great if you like BOOM BOOM BOOM.
During the day, the staff watches the TV in the lobby. It's loud, too.
To be fair, however, the staff triy to be friendly. It would be nice if they had taken a course in running a hotel.
I wouldn't advise a woman alone to stay here.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jbriggs926
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The staff was creepy.. The room finishes as soon as you enter. The money charged and the service offered are opposite to each other. I agree that its at a great location but that doesn't mean you don't bother to maintain the hotel. I have stayed in another TAP gold crest in bangalore which is at a creepy location but its pretty neat.

The beds are weak.. dirty.. and the ventilation sucks. I couldn't stay a night here and I moved out around evening. The staff is so dumb that they were not able to believe that there can be other internet booking website other than makemytrip. I used hotels.com to book and had to literally fight for not paying the money that has been paid before.

Don't go to this hotel