“Best italian food in Bangalore”
Review of Toscano

Toscano
Ranked #84 of 11,341 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Toscano also have branches at Orion Mall, Malleswaram & UB City, Lavelle Road.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Single statement to describe my experience would be "Great ambiance and delicious food". However one thing I would really like to appreciate with respect to my dinner is we being pure vegetarians, requested for all egg-less items. Menu had very little choice here, so we left on them to decide three best things they can cook and they suggested some modifications in their regular dishes and it was really worth trying. As it was my wife's birthday I asked for a cake as well, but as there was no egg-less option available, chef created a mouth-watering fruit-icecream dish with a candle on it, which was the best in our course.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I have been here 3 times with friends as well as family. Love the ambience. Food is top notch. I love their Tiramisu. Its too addictive. I cant recall the names of pizzas and other items that we have tried as my last visit was quite some time back but everything we have tried so far, turned out delicious. As I am writing this review, my mouth is watering and next time I am in forum value, I am definitely going to dine here :) this review of mine is pretty general (as I am not recommending specific items from menu apart from Tiramisu), but I hope it makes you try the place if you haven't already.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had a small lunch in the Toscano branch at forum value- excellent, quiet, peaceful, and beautifully decorated interiors. I seriously recommend their smoked salmon: can't remember the last time I've had it this good. The fusilli alla carbonara was excellent too, but they didn't serve it with the raw egg...which is how I usually have it. (they served it with raw egg at Orion). Fantastic service, as always :) As usual, their food may be steeply priced, but I guess if you want that standard then you have to be prepared to pay the price. Good value for money.

Although the quality of food and ambiance are excellent at Toscano, I would still go to the branch in Orion mall for just that little extra bit of satisfaction. The outdoor ambiance in Orion is just too irresistible.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My family friends were quite gung-ho about this place and when we entered in, I realized, why. The place has this amazing vibe about itself, and the staff magnifies the same. A pleasure, I say.

The ambience:
-----------------------
One look around and you see some informative tit bits about the wines and things written about the counter and the wall. Looks like it's been written with a chalk. And I liked that. The natural light from all corners illuminates the place well (we went there for lunch) and the sitting arrangement is well spaced.

The liquids:
--------------------

I chose the Thirsty Pomegranate, a heady mix of pomegranate juice, orange squash, fresh lime, and soda. Though I could not feel the fizz of the soda, the combo worked well on my palate, refreshed my mood, and set the stage for the food. My friends went for the white wine.

The mains:
-----------------

We ordered for the:
> Pizza Bleu cheese: Hmm... the blue cheese flavoured the pizza well, but the pizza failed to impress much

> Pizza Toscano: We ordered this one without the boiled egg, and that worked in our favour (or do I say, flavour?). The chicken pieces were moist, and it was much better than the Bleu.

> Pizza Polia Ai Funghi: Yumma! Yumma, yumma. This one managed to impress us all with the first bite itself. Wide eyed, we gushed about it till the last bite. That's how wonderful it was.

> Grilled pepper steak: It lacked flavour. There was no heat from the pepper, either on the outside or within. The veggies on the side were good, but the garlic mash was more on the denser side. It could have done well with some butter, and softened.

The dessert:
-------------------
We ordered for the:

> Tiramisu: This one was yum. And the ice cream it was served with added to the zing.

> Chocolate Kahlua Mousse in Almond tuile: The mousse sat on the tuile but both failed to impress, simply because while on one hand the tuile was a tad too sweet and lacked the almond punch, the mousse (like most of the times, unfortunately) was too dense to be called one. I'd rather call it an icing for some cake. Having said that but, the kahlua flavour is something that you must try.

We also visited their Rajajinagar branch a few days later, and well, that was a different story all together.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Whenever I visit bangalore , a visit to Toscano at UB City is a must for me. The place has got magnificent environment and food is just awesome.
I have tried most of the dishes on the menu and can say I liked all of them. Do remember to reserve your table specially in the evening as it can get busy here.
You will love the presentation of food and specially the desserts.
For best experience sit outdoors.