“very clean and reasonably priced”

Tom's Hotel Bangalore
Ranked #176 of 676 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Tom’s hotel: Expensive (for backpacker standards), but large and very clean room with bathroom with hot water and TV. Central location and helpful staff. Basic Indian breakfast included. Restaurant. Rs1584

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank siel

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at Tom's in December for 2 nights. We had a very late arrival after midnight but room was reserved even though we only emailed with them. Staff was very friendly, our room (with a balcony) was huge and very clean. We had a non a/c room which was efficient as it wasn't hot in Bengaluru. Breakfast was very tasty and we would totally recommend Tom's!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanja F
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have been in this hotel 3 times since 2006 and I can say that my feedback is always the same: in these years the hotel has been maintained, redecorated and repainted (as you can see from the pictures!). So, this is a good option for Bangalore for those travellers who travel on a budget. My room was ok, both the room and the bathroom were spacious but the problem was that the room was not clean enough. For example, my blankets were blurred with hair scattered in the bathroom. I'm sure that the typical western traveller who goes to India doesn't care about a 200-channel TV having a dirty room. What counts is a clean room.
Anyway, my stay was ok and the restaurant was ok too. All in all, I would go back next time

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skylifeworld
Reviewed 1 February 2012

A good spot, friendly staff, spotless rooms, and a good reliable taxi service to the airport / railway station
Breakfast isn't ideal, but fine for the price. Try and take a room with a balcony. I heard that kitchen smells affect the ones at the back.

We'll be back. It's hard to find accommodation in Bangalore at this price

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Redfeatherboat
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Tom's is a well run hotel and its price,s are ok for what you get. It doe's seem high for the type pf room you get as you can get much better de core for the same price but where it comes into its own is with the free wi-fi, newspaper at your door with breakfast token which again is free. I booked one night before arriving so had to have AC room so paid 1880rps. I arrived at 9pm yes 9pm to be told my room would be about another hour. Luckily for me I had a local friend with me who took me to dinner. I got back about 10:15pm and was then able to check in to my room but you can then check out at 10:15pm the next night so it is a TRUE 24hr check in & out. The AC was not working so I had the usual two or three guys coming to fix it. In the end with some large sticky tape. The bed was hard to say the least and not that comfortable but I had tv and a good clean toilet with a shower that sprayed the whole room and some on me :O) ... As I said the staff made it a very good hotel as they where very happy and helpful with regards to giving directions to banks and mobile top up ect plus info on the bus to Bannerghatta which runs directly outside the hotel no G4 at15rps if you want go..

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the front of the hotel as the traffic will get very very noisy by about 7am
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Really good value for INR 2206/- per nite all inclusive - most decent serviced apartments or rooms begin at INR 4k. Do ask for a rear facing room as the front facing rooms will be very noisy as Hosur Road is a major artery. Staff were super helpful, ready for us at 6.30 am as requested & nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Can be improved by not adding chillies to the eggs, & offering brown bread from the fantastic Tom's Bakery next door. The room cleanliness was better than the dining room.
Wifi worked a treat! Hot water is iffy - it's solar heating with electric backup but they have certain times when they turn it on/off so after a bucket or two if you still don't have any joy you need to ask. We will certainly use it again if we need a good value deal in Blr. We had an a/c room with a little balcony but never used the a/c as Blr is very pleasant (cold by Indian standards) in Dec-Jan.

Room Tip: rear facing rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Location is ok, not to far away from MG road. You can also reach the botanical garden and the park with a short rikshaw ride. Room was nothing special but very spacious and has been clean.

The staff has been very helpful and friendly. We have been upgraded into an AC room at no extra cost, because all non A/C rooms were booked and the helped us a lot in booking our next guesthouse.

Restaurant and Food were good. Breakfast included, but nothing special.

They recently raised the prices, so we considered it rather expensive, but Bangalore in general is ridiculously expensive in general so it is probably in line with the price level.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple