“Very nice stay. But no Internet at night”
Review of Nagarjuna Suites

Nagarjuna Suites
New Delhi, India
“Very nice stay. But no Internet at night”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very friendly staff, great service, good food, clean rooms, good infrastructure, good room service.
For me the place is nearest to my working place, and I received excellent conditions for my extended stay.
Note however that there is no Internet at nights, and unstable Internet during day time.

Room Tip: Bring your own Internet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peterg_be_12
Nagarjuna2010, General Manager at Nagarjuna Suites, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for the review.! we are glad that your stay at Nagarjuna Suites was excellent. Nagarjuna Suites!

While I pass on the encouraging words to my team, we will diligently work on the internet concerns you have expressed.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have had a pleasant stay at the place with family. The staff has been very receptive, a little surprised to see so many negative comments as I have faced no issues with service.

Compared to other service apartments they are well staffed and service is good as per the price offered (Through company discount).

Room Tip: If you are family take two 1 bed room apartments next to each other instead of one two bedroom apart...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Nagarjuna2010, General Manager at Nagarjuna Suites, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
HI,

Thank you so very much for complimenting our services. I know that you are very busy and much appreciate the time that you took to let us know that we did a great job (Keeping our customers Happy)

I will be sure to pass along your kind words as it helps us when we know we have truly made a difference to those we serve each and every day. You are the type of customer we look forward to helping every day and make our jobs enjoyable.

Look forward for another opportunity to serve.

Thanks Again
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The only reason why I am giving this place 2 stars is because room service is ok and cleaning staff are nice. Now here is why I don't recommend this place: there is one receptionist that is plane rude, food is not that good, and they over charge for cabs, and charge you $$$ if you choose to have a 2nd person stay with you. For the price, this place ain't worth it. You can't ask for top dollar if you don't offer top quality..

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ghazyco
Nagarjuna2010, General Manager at Nagarjuna Suites, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hi,

We always welcome constructive feedback and are of the opinion that all hotels should! While we will certainly look at the issues you have raised with regards to the quality of the food and the behavioural issues.

When a private cab is required, there is always a premium to be paid. We do believe that our rates are the lowest if they are compared with the any other hotels/apartment in and around the location.

If an extra person is joining to the existing room then it is natural that the extra persons charges will be in addition the rate negotiated on a single occupancy. it is unfortunate that your review seems to give an unfair picture as the extra person charges($8) had already been confirmed at the time of booking the accomodation and agreed by the company. If there was an objection to the extra charges it should have been made before confirmation.

We are providing a 650 Sq feet suite with a bedroom, living hall, an attached Kitchenette, fully furnished, free breakfast, and a balcony at $ 40 per night(for two people and two kids with an extra mattress thrown in free of charge)

That Is Not Top Dollar. It Is A Steal!

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The rooms are spacious and well equipped.
The customer service was very poor. We called thrice to have dinner plates cleared but no one turned up.
When we checked out we had heavy suitcases and the staff watched us carry the heavy suitcases down the stairs but did not offer to help.
The complimentary pick up and drop facility to offices nearby is flaky. They promise that they will pick you up at a certain time from the office but when u come out of the office there is no one there and if you call them they say that we will send some now.
Very poor attitude of staff

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Nagarjuna2010, General Manager at Nagarjuna Suites, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Hi,

Thank you for the review, our sincere aplogies for the inconveniences.

We will take up the issue with our staff and ensure that we will address the issues at hand.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 April 2013

When we relocated to Bangalore, while searching for a house, we spent 8 days in Nagarjuna Suites.

First of all, it's not a hotel. These are service apartments.

Let's look at the goods and not so goods.

Goods:
-Extremely clean, spacious rooms. All the suites have basic facilities such as coffee maker, fridge, tv etc. They even have a/c.
-The location is a BIG plus especially if you are going to one of those offices on the Outer ring road (Cisco, Intel etc). The apartments are 5-minutes of walk from Cisco. Although, I must confess, the roads are not great to walk. Note: these suites are on the Panathur Main road.
-Since it is right on the main road (half a minute walk from the main road actually), public transport connectivity is great. Having said that, the autos you find at the junction charge way too much.
-24-hr checkin checkout facility
-If you have your own vehicle, they have a pretty decent basement parking.
-Food was decent and very reasonably priced.
-The breakfast spread was good, not huge but decent enough. South Indian/North indian - there is something for both.
-They even have a gym. I did not enter so no comments there.

Note-so-goods:
-Wifi is not great.. it is a bit inconsistent and drops at times.
-Very small swimming pool. You wouldn't feel like swimming there. Don't even count the pool.
-Washroom towels are hard; they need improvement.
-Beds could have been bigger. We were two of us got a queen sized bed and did not find it very comfortable. It's good enough for a single person but not two.
-Inflexible with respect to late checkout. They would like you to request them for late checkout and then they would at the max stretch for half an hour or so (as per the words of one of their reception guys - Srikanth)
-The reception people need MASSIVE improvement and training in talking to customers. They are neither warm nor friendly. This guy Srikanth was extremely non flexible and would just not say YES to anything. Background: We did not know what 24-hour checkout meant. We had checked in at 9.30 AM, so our checkout time was supposed to be the same time on the designated day. Now, on the day of the checkout, at 12 noon, I went to the reception and told him that I'd be checking out. He said another day has been charged since it is past 9.30 AM (our original check-in time). I was surprised. I know it's my fault not knowing the rules... but this guy would just not listen. I told him he could do a late checkout for me, but he was hellbent and extremely inflexible. Not a nice way to deal with customers. He was totally inflexible on a couple of things as well.

Nevertheless, overall, I would rate my stay at Nagarjuna Suites as very, very comfortable. I would definitely recommend them.

Tip: Better to come through your company and avail corporate discount. We got a HUGE discount when I brought my company into the picture (since this was a personal visit, I was paying myself... but I still got the booking done through my company. I saved more than 1500 per day.)

Say YES if you found the review helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kshitij K
Nagarjuna2010, General Manager at Nagarjuna Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have Spoken to my staff and understand that we did not perform to our usual standards with regards to the late check out and for that I sincerely apologize.

We assure you that we are taking all possible steps to address your concerns.

Warm Regards

Javed
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed at Nagarjuna suites for 4 days from 29th Jan, 2013 to 1st Feb, 2013. The best part was that I got a furnished apartment with a verandah and not a small hotel room. The bathroom was of decent size. There was a small cooking area, a spacious drawing room, a verandah and a separate bedroom. The room and toilet were clean but maintenance of furniture and fittings were not very good. The rooms were daily cleaned. Once I faced some leakage in the bathroom which was prompty attended to.
Breakfast which was part of the package was very limited but the food was tasty. I ordered dinner once and found the food to be good. But the price of food is very high.
However, the place is not professionally run. The staff at the reception and the manager in charge was not very friendly. The booking, though done through an external agency was not very transparent. They did not clearly inform that for the first night, they would accommodate in a different property (Belair). This caused unnecessary harassment. Check-out experience was equally bad. The staff at the reception was not trained at all. It took 40mins to settle the bill and check-out. I almost missed my flight.
Location is average. It is very near to the Cessna Business Park on the Outer Ring Road. There are some average restaurants, shops and bars around.
The place is good if you want spacious rooms for extended stays. Experience with staff was poor.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Nagarjuna2010, General Manager at Nagarjuna Suites, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the Review. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you had to go through during the course of your stay at Nagarjuna Suites.

An advice was sent at the time of confirmation that a part of the stay will be at an associate hotel as we were full house; unfortunately it has not been communicated. Further we deeply regret the delay in the checkout.

We are taking this matter seriously and will further take steps to correct our process. However we would like to assure you that this was not typical of our services which we provide at Nagarjuna Suites.

Warm Regards

Javed
bangalore
Reviewed 23 November 2012

The attitude of the staff is pathetic dont expect warmness or politeness from them, moreover the food is below average. A friend came to see and we were having food when we get a call from the reception that your friend has to leave since a visitor cannot stay beyond two hours. We told them he is leaving. 2 min latter we get another call that your friend has been staying for more than two hours so you will now you will have to pay Rs 500/- plus taxes for that. We politely told them that it were not aware of this and moreover nobody called us before 2 hrs got over and why are you calling now and telling us. To this the person at the reception started shouting and saying that this is the hotel policy and you have to obey to this. The guy on the phone was trying to extort money from us forcibly, shouting at times to prove his point. Since we stood to our point he latter on backtracked and told the person has to leave. Since our mood was already spoiled by this so the friend left after that.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Nagarjuna2010, General Manager at Nagarjuna Suites, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the feedback, we have take note of the concerns with regards to the food and have investigated the other concerns expressed and have the following to respond.

Nagarjuna Suites has a policy that no visitors are allowed to stay back after 23:00 hours as in ohter hotels due to safety reasons. This policy is written on the check in form. in case the visitor has to stay back for any reasons, it is required that the same has to be informed to the front desk.

As it is the duty of the front desk to ensure the safety of the inhouse guests; irrespective of the nature of the visitor; the call had been made. If the arrival of the visitor was announced, the situation could have been avoided.

Thank you.