“At home with the warmth”

Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru
Ranked #49 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru
Chennai (Madras), India
“At home with the warmth”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This particular house hotel has the finest staff both at the Management comprising Housekeeping, Catering and Front Office. I stay here every time i visit Bangalore located in the heart of the city, find the welcome from the staff with so much of warmth. Must stay here for those who have not experienced it as yet

Room Tip: preferably a south facing room away from the elevators
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our trip was for 2 weeks combining holiday and business. The Lemon tree hotel staff catered for all our needs over and above our expectations.
The restaurant provided an excellent selection for breakfast catering for all tastes, The staff always stepping forward to offer assistance, always professional, friendly and pro-active. The housekeeping was exceptional as the guy on our floor " Mr Birendra " always provided an excellent service not only in room cleaning but wiling to give us a warm welcome from the moment we go to breakfast to our return at the end of the day with additional treats like towel sculptures to make us smile. Reception / lobby staff very efficient and knew exactly what we wanted without me repeating twice. Finally lets not forget the final part of the team - security the same as the other teams providing a service over and above their normal duties . Thanks guys.
I have stayed in many hotels around the world and in India - and I would suggest that other staff from other hotels in India come and use this as their training ground because this is how it should be done !!. The Lemon Tree - Ulsoor lake excell in there service

Thanks , David & Almas Evans

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David_Almas_Evans
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Located just 15 minutes from MG Road, this hotel is good for business travellers like me who like to be close to the clients office. Rooms are comfortable and breakfast spread was reasonable. The fitness centre was small but had all the required cardio equipment. Staff were polite.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great service oriented teams here, whether it's security guys, Front office Apurva or Ashutosh or Citrus Restaurant service Managers Ravi, Smarak and entire team their or it's Animesh, Birendra and others....or the chefs who interact with guests on their requirement or any special dish etc.. all are great service ambassadors. Been of great help to take care of my child's requirements
While these are only a few names, each employee here is trained to take care of guests with a smile... Perfect for business or family travellers...
best wishes, Almighty bless
Manju Amitabh Talwar

Room Tip: Great central location, close to MG Road
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Faridaba
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really love Lemon Tree Premier. This is a superb hotel with a excellent staff and excellent service. The food is really good. Excellent restaurant at the lobby section.

I don't think you can get better rooms in this price. Just because most of the hotels are new, you get the best rooms at very cheap rates. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I visited there with my friends in RON and it was a nice experience. Cozy and superb place to hang out with friends. I loved the place. I am planning to visit the place again soon with more of my friends. I would like to mention the appetizers amuse bouche, starter crispy chicken with roasted chili paste& crispy water chestnut and bamboo shoot, it was amazing .Thanks to the chef.
I would really like to thank Rusheed and Pankaj in back end for the superb hospitality and superb services. I will recommend many of others reading this review to visit this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Pune
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I am a sort of fan of Lemon Tree for a couple of reasons. 1] The rooms (some of them, at least) do look refreshingly different from the standard hotel rooms 2] The humour - aka the table mats and walls of some of the hotels have some great jokes on them.

LT, Ulsoor, is a decent hotel in the price category of 4-5K. The people right from the staff at the gate to room service are warm and affable. The reception is buzzing with smiles. The check in -check out is smooth and professional.

The rooms are well cleaned and lay out in general is good with switches near the bed, the working table with enough space, standard tea kettle, refrigerator and TV, etc . The bed is comfortable with ample pillows and the AC controls are good and they do work!

The washroom, in the room I stayed in, had a separate shower cubicle which always good. The supplies were minimal. The towels and bathrobe in place. No complaints.

The restaurant is bright and spacious. The staff welcoming and provide good service (some times over zealous to pick up plates - did that twice before I had finished my toast and roti!). The food taste is good and quantities look decent for two. The breakfast spread is awesome. The "Dahi bhalla" is too good. The BF can cater to almost anyone as it has good variety. The dinner / lunch spread was relatively limited. On one of the days, there were two veggies - both not to my personal liking - so had to settle for Dal and raitas. Where as in a breakfast, the choice is quite wide.

The overall experience with the hotel is good.

My only complaint is the food and certain room pricing issues: The buffet comes out cheaper than just a roti and veg dish! and the buffet is not cheap either. I believe the pricing for food does not rate favourably with the performance it provides. Also, there are various charges like early check in charge, late check in charge, service charge at the restaurant/food, etc and a charge on the overall bill. It is difficult to realise many times what are you actually paying for a particular service/material. This is something that LT should look into. Internet is not free and they have put up reasons for not doing so. All these things may bloat the final bill especially when you are under the assumption that you have got a good price for the room.

But I said earlier, I like the LT chain of hotels, hope they can will look into the pricing issue and make it more transparent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sanjayicon
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Response:
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru. We are pleased to know that you love our hotels and choose to stay with us each time you travel. It is guests like you who have made us what we are. We thank you for your support.
We have also studied your perceptive inputs about various charges and taxes. As much as we may wish to it is difficult for any hotel chain to give a consolidated cost to the customer as taxes vary from state to state. The government levies several kinds of taxes, both at the central and state levels, on hotel bills. These taxes are levied by the government directly and hotels cannot influence the amount or the process of collection. However, our attempt at Lemon Tree has been to communicate all this as transparently as we can. In fact the confirmation mail a guest receives post booking his stay with us clearly stated this. We however are studying your feedback against our present processes.

Re early check-in or late check-out, we do levy a nominal charge because when you check in early, we hold the room from the previous night and do not give it out to another guest. Therefore, we charge a nominal rate in line with our philosophy of affordable prices. Hope you see it in this light.

Further, while we do offer 60 minutes free Wifi per day to all our guests who stay with us at Lemon Tree, we also provide 24X7 free internet services in the Business Center and free Wifi in the Slounge, our hi recreation bar. We are presently also offering 24x7 complimentary Wifi to all guests who directly book to stay with us through our brand website lemontreehotels.com

We assure you we have been careful to benchmark competitors in our segment in order to set a very competitive price for all our facilities and services including food. We do hope you do find Lemon Tree to be value-for-money on your next visit.
Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.pbl1@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Gopa Kumar
Hotel General Manager
Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.