“Experience at the Moevenpick”

Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore
Ranked #25 of 659 Hotels in Bengaluru
Aizawl, India
“Experience at the Moevenpick”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel quite surprised me as the location and the exterior did not impress me much.

I came in late and the check in was smooth more or less, just that the hostess showed me to my room and left offering to get my baggage from the reception. She has removed the key card and I was left in complete darkness in the room!

The reception area is quite spacious and airy. The room is gorgeous, the decor pleasing and the lighting great. The bathroom also impresses, spacious , well laid out and comes with high quality fittings.

I also had an amazing experience at the spa. Though I did not make use of it, the gym is spacious and well equipped.

The all day dining at My Place is impressive with a wide array of veg and no-veg fares on offer. The sports bar though looked deserted on week days.

The only downside must be the location.Its so far from all the happening places in the city. Otherwise I had a great experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank FranklinRalte
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review, It was our privilege that you chose to stay with us. We are glad that you liked our spacious room, our food and services

It is our constant endeavor to deliver the highest level of satisfaction to our guests and strive to deliver it with perfection. So comments such as yours are truly cherished.

We are truly grateful for your recommendation and patronage and look forward to having you at the hotel soon.

Biswjit Chakraborty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was in Bangalore for business this Thursday and Friday. Based on a recommendation of a friend I selected to stay at the Movenpick Hotel and Spa...and it turned out to be a top quality five star property in Bangalore, that lent itself equally to a business or leisure traveller.

One of the first things that stood out for me, was the PERSONAL TOUCH during check in and as I entered my room. On the table in my room I found HAND WRITTEN card from the General Manager, welcoming me personally to the hotel and written and signed off by him, stating clearly I could call on him if I needed anything. The differentiating factor was that this was not a typed and word processed letter printed on a letterhead and stamp signed by the GM. It was on a lovely card and handwritten personally by the himself. Just this simple gesture, made my visit start off on the best foot and created a bond with the property. Additionally I noticed the F&B team had very thoughtfully written my name out on the welcome cookie plate in chocolate, which added to the personal touch for me.

There was a wonderful host Supriya who guided me from reception up to my suite on the 11th floor and right through my stay inquired occasionally via the hotel phone, if everything was fine. Just the right balance; neither over hosted nor under valued. These were the touches which made my stay at Movenpick special.

Needless to say, the basics were in place and more. The suite was spacious, wonderful, well provided for; a fantastically large bathroom (there were two in fact) and a wonderful living area. F&B at "My Place" was outstanding with a variety of cuisines, including a separate vegetarian line (of course being a Parsi I enjoyed my Chicken Tikka the most -:)). I also had a chance to host a business guest at their sports bar in the evening, which had an eclectic selection of music videos playing, which both of us enjoyed over a glass of drinks. I did not get a chance to visit their lovely Italian outlet, but this gives me an excuse to check in there next time when I am in Bangalore again.

Sometimes beauty is hidden within and this would definitely apply to Movenpick in Bangalore. If you just looked at the building from the outside only, you would not imagine the large spacious rooms/suites, the infinity pool and a huge gymnasium that was seriously well equipped for a good workout session. What was also interesting was that they had a beautiful large open terrace outlet and the weather in Bangalore right now lends itself well to some wonderful evenings/mornings over there. For me though the highlight was a mini bonsai garden that I discovered perchance, outside the Sports Bar as I was strolling there. Now this is something I would not expect outside a Sports Bar and that too with comfortable chairs nestled between the Bonsai; I found it most intriguing and great innovative touch to the hotel.

Apparently I checked in on the day that they just opened there new boutique patisserie with Swiss delights and delicacies, but which once again I could not visit and eat in due to business commitments, but will definitely do so next visit. Overall it seemed to me that the staff there seemed to be passionate about their work, eager to actually make a difference to the guest and thus ensured one had a great stay.

A great example of how the little things make a BIG difference.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the suite, they are lovely, spacious and very well designed for work and relax...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I take this opportunity to thank you for your appreciation & feedback as it boosts our inclination towards our core commitment of quality service in an inspired setting.

Our belief underlines the binding Brand Promise 'Natural Enjoyment', - of consistently co-creating personalized, memorable experiences with a personal touch and care through our service. It brings us immense pleasure & delight that your stay has been fulfilling & in keeping with your expectations.

The hotel is well situated between the airport and the downtown areas of the city in a calm locality to promise a comfortable stay after the long day’s work to its guests. We trust that you enjoyed the Best Value For Money while you stayed at Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us a detailed review, we do hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel in the near future for an extended period of time.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked 2 rooms at the hotel to celebrate the 25th wedding anniversary of my parents, and what a experience it was!! Gorgeous building and decor and Mind blowing service with very warm and helpful staff. It truly deserves applause and accolades-Kudos!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the fantastic review you have shared on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us. It is indeed a matter of joy for us to learn that your stay at the hotel was a fabulous one.

I will certainly share your remarks with the entire team as I am sure they will be equally pleased learning of your review.

We thank you for your recommendation and certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore during your next visit.

Goa, Goa, India
Reviewed 10 December 2013

wonderful staff who take care of every whim and fancy. the rooms are spacious and very clean. during my entire stay of 4 days i did not have one complaint. the staff are very accommodating even at odd hours.while having the mid night buffet i had requested for some food to be packed as our cabbie had not eaten dinner. even though it was not part of the menu the staff actually had to prepared and packed at no cost. this to me speaks volumes for the team present at the hotel. being from the hospitality industry my self i can vouch that this is a wonderful property with top notch service and amenities.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Your encouraging comments regarding our hotel are motivating for all of us.

Also, your recognition of our service and the fact that you found our team responsive and courteous is a honor for the team. It is our continuous endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to make their stay truly unforgettable.

We are grateful for your support and trust you will continue to provide us more opportunities to be of service to you.

Thank you for recommending our property. My entire team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore hopefully, in the very near future.

Tamarin
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great Hotel! Excellent service by well-attentioned, polite, and well-trained staff. Extremely comfortable, rooms, good attention to detail, and business-traveller friendly. conference/banqueting facilites very professional and condusive to a good workshop held.
A short, but fruitful stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to receive such high words of praise. It makes us truly proud to note that you found our rooms, in room facilities, especially our banquet facilities exceeding your expectations.

Would request you to experience our library on our next visit - a new concept to the city hotels of Bangalore, our library houses around 550 books in genres like fiction, biographies, art, and management. The library is open to all the guests who visit our hotel, our in-house guests can even take the book to their room.

It is our constant endeavor to exceed our guests’ expectations by anticipating their needs and surprising them pleasantly, thereby delivering our Brand Promise of Natural Enjoyment.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of motivation.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we are delighted to note that we will be having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Richards Bay, South Africa
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My first impression of Moevenpick was amazing. We were greeted with respect and treated with importance by the doormen & front desk personnel especially Mayuri Ranjith. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome & at home. She was friendly and went the extra mile to help us no matter what the need was.During the course of out stay Lavanya attended to our needs & requests promptly & professionally after hours. Pallavi Kurhe was most helpful when it came to housekeeping requests and she ensured that we were promptly served. Suryakant was very friendly and helpful when it came to room cleanliness and service.

I must commend Moevenpick on an excellent staff all round. The staff just aims to please guests. You are greeted with a smile whenever you are confronted and if you are just lazing around you are offered assistance.

The breakfast staff were very helpful, polite, friendly and aimed to please you as the guest. I commend Reni, Syril, the head chef Mayur especially. I could not fault anyone as the entire staff @ My Place were absolutely fabulous.

I must say that from the Airport pickup to your room there is service excellence. You feel like a king and highly venerated.

Thank you Moevenpick for your excellent service and care.

Looking forward to seeing you next year.

Regards

Ruben

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We cannot thank you enough for such high words of praise on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments on our efficient and friendly service, delectable cuisines at the restaurants and the overall hospitality received at our hotel. The entire team at the hotel is encouraged to know that they have has been able assist and serve you diligently during your stay at our hotel.

My team and I are ecstatic to learn that Mövenpick Hotel & Spa will be the preferred hotel on your next visit to Bangalore. We eagerly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in not too distant future.

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Hotel is like an Oasis in the middle of a business area, a place you wouldn't expect to be there. The Entrance, reception area, etc. gives you a very nice feeling and displays a luxurious environment. The Hotel as a whole is very attractive and had nice facilities, restautants and Bars.
For me the only thing missing was a little more warmth. The Hotel was to cold, no flowers in the Public areas, the Roof Bar had very little furniture and therefore had no atmosphere. The food and service was good, I will come again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are happy that you took out time and shared your feedback on the recent stay at our hotel.

We are happy to note your compliments on our facilities, rooms , restaurants and bar. Thank you for this pleasant review.

I will definitely convey your appreciation with my team. I am sure they will be encouraged to continue to serve all our guests with warmth and courtesy.

Our rooftop is very famous for its variety of brews, innovative cocktails, German meats and sausages with panoramic views of Bangalore and also for its Rustic German style furniture – we are already in the process of re launching our Sky Brew.

Thank you for the kind words of praise and recommendation of our hotel rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore in not too distant future.