“Well set hotel that stands up to the 5 star competition”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield
Ranked #66 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Well set hotel that stands up to the 5 star competition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

My stay at the Alila Bangalore Hotel was my first experience of India. However, as a seasoned traveller I was able to comapre this hotel to other 5 star hotels across the world. In short, the Alila hotel stood up well to my expectations, with the hospitality of the hotel staff matching if not exceeding any of my previous stays. The room was also well equipped and comfortable enough for my 5 day stay in Bangalore. The bar on the 5th floor (High Five) made for a great after work getaway and combined with a good happy hour selection, you should not be disappointed with this destination. Also, unlike other reviews of this hotel, I found the location quiet and relaxing. The main restaurant on the ground floor (the Tiffin) is well set with great views of the hotel grounds to help settle you before and after work. The chef knows how to cook, with both the local and international cuisine cooked to almost absolute perfection. I only ate at this hotel during my stay, so I can say with relative confidence that the international menu went down well. The local Indian dishes however, did have an adverse affect on my digestion. This was probably no worse than any local food in India though, with such prevailing reactions synonymous to India as a whole. This alone would not discourage my frequenting this establishment again. Except maybe that I would stick to the international menu. Dietary complaints aside, I would recommend this hotel to business travelers who like some peace and quiet outside the hussle and bustle of Bangalore's city centre. That said, it is conveniently located to some major commercial areas and I'm reliably informed within walking distance of other reputable diners. This I will have to savour for my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

It was an excellent experience from check in to check out complete with welcome drink to updates on departure flight information. Minute details of housekeeping enhances the 'at home' feeling. Food is excellent and so is the ambiance. The Bar is well stocked. There was some initial hick-up with wi-fi connection at the beginning but that was sorted out quickly. As my stay was short I could not check out many of the other facilities such as the laundry or the spa but the roof top swimming pool was very inviting. The conference room we used was rather limited in capacity. I am not aware if they have a larger one. I did not have occasions to call the room service as all arrangement were in place. However, all my quarries were very courteously answered.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

My colleague and I stayed in Alila Bangalore for 2 weeks in Aug 2012, on work trip.

Plus point is that the hotel is very near our work place and the car service to and fro is very prompt and efficient. The drivers are very friendly and drive with utmost care.

The hotel itself gives a very good feeling as it is cosy and resort-like. The room is big enough not to feel claustrophobic and is nicely done. It is well-equip with necessities. The bed is extremely comfortable, giving a good night's rest. Housekeeping does a good job keeping the room clean and tidy daily.

The food quality & taste is largely decent. There are rooms for improvement in this area, but they make up for it by having good service in their manager Christine and director Rahul, who are very receptive & positive towards feedback.

What makes it a home away from home is definitely its fine team of staff, who are friendly and makes us feel welcomed. After a long day's work, it is always a delight to be greeted with a cheery greetings and warm genuine smiles. The front office staff Kim, Vadi & Rahul were very helpful in helping us to place take away orders for our dinner and to answer to our endless queries about the hotel and surrounding areas.

I give this hotel a two thumbs up, not only for being a great hotel, but for being a great hotel staffed with an excellent team of staff. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip!

Chandigarh, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

This one is definitely different. The decor is different. However, most of it is unfinished. When I stayed with them (its been almost a year now), it was still undergoing work. I had to call the reception to stop the noisy drilling as I was hard on sleep. As most of the hotel is out doors, you would need to factor in ambient noise. The bathroom floor was up and down and I almost slipped. The menu choices were limited. However, the Bhule Bisle Bhaat cooked by their chef was good. The breakfast was below average in terms of variety and taste. The reception and front office was decent. Room service was decent too.

I would love to visit again and change my opinion but given that the hotel is so far from the city, was barely complete, had limited dining options and that its not really priced lower than hotels in the same range, I'd give this one a skip when planning a stay in Bangalore.

Room Tip: There are no rooms with Lake view unlike what is advertised. So, watch out, And having a cup of tea...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Lucknow, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed at Alila Bangalore for 5 nights in August, 2012. I was warmly received by Blendon Lewis, Front Office Manager and his team on my arrival and was in my room in less than 10 seconds. All Check-In formalities were completed in my room itself which was completely sanitized, prepared and ready for occupancy on my arrival. Everything in the room from electronic fixtures to the smallest of bathroom fittings were working perfectly and satisfactorily. Proper and meticulous housekeeping of the room was done twice a day without fail. The Housekeeping Supervisor and her staff were extremely considerate of my requirements and did their utmost to satisfy the same. Breakfast served in the Tiffin Room was made to order but was promptly served and as per requirements. Alila also has a Library Room which has a wonderful view and comfortable seating where you can immerse yourself, relax and catch up on your reading for hours together. The infinity pool on the 5th. Floor is another experience which is definitely the highlight of the property. The entire staff from the General Manager right down to the housekeeping boy is extremely courteous and always ready to serve you in the best manner possible - an attribute rapidly vanishing from most hotels in India. There was not a single moment or opportunity when any of my expectations or requirements were not fulfilled to my satisfaction. In fact I observed the staff to adopt an extremely pro-active approach to addressing all issues pertaining to guest comfort and well-being. If anyone plans to stay in the Whitefield Area in Bangalore then I don't think there is a better option than Alila. To put it simply in 1 word - Perfect !!

Room Tip: Rooms normally don't face the road as they are on the sides, however a litlle e-mail to Alila, B...
1 Thank Samudra_Gupta
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have been at the Alila for about 3 months now and the stay has been nothing short of great. What awes you when you first enter the hotel is the design of the building itself and although months later you keep discovering aspects of the hotel that make you smile - over time you begin to to realize is that its the folk here that make it a great place, the amount of attention they have paid to me and some of my guest have made it one of my fav places to stay in the country.

Thank you Kim, Blenden, Tina, Rahul, Rahul, Yubraj, Christine, Mayo, Manoj and all the rest of you for all the smiles.

thanks,
Arjun

1 Thank ArjunDutta11
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I generally stay here for 1 night or 2 nights every alternate week, its an awsome place to relax & chill with a lake facing room & pool on the top floor with a bar adjacent. The staffs are proffesional specially Front office team who knows my preference of room bed etc..... I really love the 5th floor bar for nice cocktails. Keep it up.

Room Tip: always choose the lake facing room on the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple